“Good local food, nice wine list, terrace wit nice view”
Review of Piazza Crova 3

Piazza Crova 3
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2015

Good typical local food, terrace with a nice view over the valley. Friendly service and good wine list.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

We visited la Piazza Crova 3 twice and will return many more times for sure. The first time was in November during truffle and hunting season. We sat in the cellar, enjoying a fantastic meal. Starting with their outstanding battuta, the tajerin al tartuffo bianco, there was no more space for a main course. My partner enjoyed a pork filet with hazelnut crust. The wine, a local Barbera, matched perfectly! The second time, last June, we went back and got a table on the terrace, overlooking the stunningly beautiful Monferrato hills. We again enjoyed a delicious meal, pasta with fish, the meanwhile mandatory battuta, and amazing desserts. I had a chocolate ginger spicy ice cream and Maya a simple vanilla ice cream..honestly, i never had better ice creams in my life! I can only highly recommend to drive off the beaten tracks in the Piemonte and go discover this place.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been to Piazza Crova for a family dinner. The service was perfect we tried some of their fish dishes and they were superbe. Excellent wine list. I highly recommend to try this restaurant if you are in the area, if you get a change dine on the terrace.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were suggested this restaurant by the owner of the B&B where we stayed (Casa Isabella) and it proved o be an exellent suggestion. First of all, please note the restaurant is - erroneously to the location mentioned on Google or the map shown by Tripadvisor - not located in the center of Nizza Monferrato, but some 4km up the hills in the small village of Vaglio Serra.
My wife and I went for the Piemonte dugustazione menu. We got absolute fabulous food, but the menu proved to be a abundant selection of local Piemontese dishes. We went through 5 stages: the antipasto was a trio of local specialities (the Vitello tonnato was of course present): excellent. This was followed by a georgeous tortino di melanzane. As primo piatto we got a tagliolini di ragu, an superb pasta with meat. As main course with received a branzano with lovely roasted patatini. As ddolce I took a panna cotta and my wife a tiramisu.
This was a gorgeous festival of local dishes.I must admit the quantity was a bit too much for us, but absolute top notch quality!
And all this for €32 per person. Unbelievable!!
Top address.
PS: terrace must be great, but closed when we were there because of bad wheather conditions.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went twice to this restaurant and the food and service was amazing, it is run by a family who make you feel so very welcome. Fantastic local wines. Will be back next year