All reviews national holidays free bar cable car beautiful scenery night stay lake constance first floor recommend this trip budget holiday switzerland balcony dave wald summer snow metz lech
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend in our early 20’s took this trip on National Holidays. The coach was full of mixed ages (mostly old) but hey! We all got along and had a great time! What a fantastic holiday it was. The hotel was okay, we were fussy over the meals to begin with but then it did get better so was happy about that. The staff were nice enough for us all.

The glacier express was great, but in our opinion the Bernina express was the best as the scenery was just jaw dropping! Loved the trip out by ourselves to Lake Constance. Definitely worth taking the cable cars right up to see the views!!

Our coach driver Jim has been amazing! How he drove our bus up them mountains, I’ll never know!! Definitely a trip to remember and a bucket list ticked off for us.

Thank you!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 days at Spullersee Hotel in Austria with National Holidays this month and find it hard to believe some previous negative comments.We enjoyed great views from our front balcony room,the hotel staff were all very pleasant and friendly nothing was too much trouble,
the food was tasty and plentyful with a free bar in the eves including decent wine by the bottle.
Our trips out to Switzerland + Germany were very enjoyable with the most picturesque scenery and even though the weather wasn't too good it didn't spoil our lovely time there and would definately recommend this trip and hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Just returned from a wonderful trip with National Holidays to Austria, Switzerland and Germany. Stunning views on the Glacier and Bernina Express in Switzerland and a lovely cruise on Beautiful Lake Bodensee ( Constance) in Germany. Met some lovely people, especially two other ladies whom we palled up with and helped make our holiday much more enjoyable. Last but not least. The hotel was lovely, very cosy and clean, large rooms, friendly staff and gorgeous food. Thomas the chef went out of his way to cater for my complex dietary needs, nothing was too much trouble and he even offered to do shopping if there was anything I needed. I love Gastof Spullersee Wald

Room Tip: The front rooms have balconies to sit out on, We were down the side but we still had a lovely view of the mountains
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Just returned home fro our trio to Austria, we had a fantastic time you spend quite a lot of time in Switzerland, the views are beautiful everywhere you go. I would advise you take your own kettle teabags ect as there is know tea facilities in the rooms. The Bennini Express fantastic but we found the Glacier Express quite boring so wish we had just done our own thing on that day maybe jumped on a bus they stop right outside the hotel, or got on the cable car which is a five /ten min walk from hotel. Our drivers Ivan and Carl were brilliant and fun tho Ivans driving was a bit ?? hair raising at times. They took us on a optional day tri to Insbruck which I say is well worth the visit, Lake Constance was lovely I thought you would just see a great big lake how wrong could you be,,, there is a lovely town for us ladies to do shopping!!The hotel is basic but fair for the price you pay, the unlimited free bar makes up for it if you drink lager wine or coke! Carl also makes it fun by getting us to play Bingo yes I said Bingo we all had a laugh.. we saw some beautiful scenery yes you do spend quite a lot of time sitting on the coach but if you need a break then sit back and enjoy the views, our drivers stopped often so we could take photos stretch our legs or have a quick smoke. our over night stay in France coming home was lovely we stayed at the Novetel Hotel there is a very big shopping complex and very large wine shop just over the road and you can get something to eat. Just one warning everything is double in price so take plenty snax drinks and CASH!! One last thing if the drivers stop at a service stop with pumpkins outside a very large service stop with lovely shops inside Be very careful where you eat We had one cake 2 teas 2 bowls of chips and my hubby had a sausage and it cost 45 euros!!! So be warned.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Debbi F
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have just spent a national holidays week at this hotel and had a lovely stay. We had a first floor front of building room with balcony giving us a lovely view of the mountains,it was a small room but adequate for our needs. The staff were friendly enough very limited English but we got by. Alt of people moaned about the food but I really enjoyed most of it not much choice or variety but when you budget holiday in my mind you can't complain unless the food is beyond dire! I did hear rumour that the management was moaning that people were having more than two drinks each but if you advertise four hour free bar then you must take it with a pinch of salt. There is not much in the surrounding area to do out of winter season but the excursions got you out. Apart from little things like no kettle in the room,no iron or board and no English TV channel(but when on holiday do you really need a TV) I thought the whole hotel experience was very pleasing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple