“SPIRIT CULINARY EXCURSIONS by Chef Shirley Lang”

Kitchens of Distinction Culinary Arts
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Langford
Price range: US$39 - US$117
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Brazilian, Caribbean, Chilean
Dining options: Lunch, Private Dining
Description: The Kitchens of Distinction Experience: We offer Private Chef & Catering Services and unique custom designed Culinary Tours. Executive Chef Shirley Lang, Festival of the Raven of the Cree Metis Nation. In addition we host private dinner parties which are VIP private invitation only. Our cuisine is designed with diverse cultural flavours in mind. At the heart of our identity is our essence. At Kitchens of Distinction our essence is to elevate the dining experience to the level of a culinary masterpiece. Each dish is crafted in house with fresh local ingredients and inspired by our passion for food. Award winning Executive Chef Shirley Lang brings together flavours that set our dishes apart from the everyday. The dishes we create for your occasion will serenade your senses, flavor the conversations around your tables, and ensure that your event is an unforgettable one. We aspire to enrich your dining experience by creating a feast that will delight even the most discerning of tastes. The dining experience is one that should be an invitation to breathe in the delicious aromas, be soothed by a symphony of flavours, and awoken to the delights of unforgettable cuisine. Common to every culture is a value placed on dining together and our essence is to make that experience anything but common. "Cuisine for discerning tastes" takes the essences of high quality dining and brings it to your lips with elegance. We aspire to bring the best ingredients, menus and flavors together in a way that will make your dining experience an unforgettable one. That foundation is: inspired, creative, elegant, for any occasion.
Reviewed 15 August 2016

On June 26, 2016, I had the adventure of a lifetime and a day that I will never forget. I went on a culinary tour hosted by Chef Shirley Lang along with other guests. Simply put, I would highly recommend this tour for any traveller - or hometown tourist - who wants an extraordinary off-the-beaten track experience not contained in many holiday guides. Imagine traveling to some of the most beautiful spots on Vancouver Island with breath-taking panoramas, meeting local artisans, tasting their products - and relishing the delectable cuisine made by Chef Shirley Lang that pushes "delicious" into a whole new dimension. Put yourself in my lucky shoes: Sunshine sparkling through the limo windows, views of long stretches of pink sand and glistening ocean, cool lush forests, then stopping along the way at a sea-salt harvestry, a distillery, a meadery, a vineyard and winery - and finally at an eco-village in Shawnigan Lake where people live off the grid in a green paradise. Then feel succulent wines and spirits as they caress your throat. Sense the euphoria of biting into juicy plump prawns dripping in lemony garlic sauce, eating a mellow and savoury pasta salad and heavenly smoked salmon in puff pastry - prepared by the gifted Chef. And all on a picnic table overlooking a vista of sunny fields and endless Pacific blue. Our day ended with fresh lamb and chicken with garden-fresh grilled vegetables, and freshly-picked berries and cream - with a cold beer. As an evening sun melted into the horizon, we headed home, happy and full of forever memories..

Treat yourself, your family, your friends to this exquisite feast for the senses. And enjoy Chef Shirley Lang's gregarious and warm personality as she puts her whole 'spirit' into giving you the time of your life!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

A few weeks have passed since my truly unique tour with Chef Shirley Lang. This day was filled with great company, lots of laughs and most importantly...AWESOME food! Breakfast prepared by Chef, including her delicious, homemade made bannock was scrumptious. Lunch at Sheringham Distillery was an exquisite presentation; as well... amazingly tasty. Tastings at Sheringham, Tugwell, Salt West and the fabulous Unsworth were top shelf for service and quality. To top the day off, dinner at O.U.R Ecovillage was a truly unique, Vancouver Island experience with a focus on local food and food sustainability and protection. After a day of being spoiled, it was a pleasure to get my hands dirty and pay homage to the beautiful land that provides us with such a bounty of organic food. Chef Shirley certainly knows how to provide a rare savoir-faire. I would highly recommend Chef Shirley for a day tour or a private dinner.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This is a review of Shirley's bed and breakfast, not her catering service. Shirley came to our rescue when our previous accommodations fell through. She was able to take us in at the last minute and completely saved our vacation! We couldn't have asked for a nicer host, and the breakfasts she made for us were de-li-cious (farm fresh eggs, truly excellent bacon, light and fluffy waffles and homemade bannock bread!) All of the accommodations were comfy and pleasant. Her two dogs are a little excitable and barky at first, but they warm up to you quickly. Would happily stay there again.

1  Thank Hudson S
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I was the Alpine Limo driver for Shirley's culinary tour this past weekend. It was well organized and everyone enjoyed themselves to the fullest. I'll be looking forward to booking my own personal unique tour soon.

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 26 July 2016

OMG!! What an experience! I found Chef Shirley Lang's website by happenstance while searching for things to do in Victoria for my friend and I. Since we're both foodies I thought this might be fun. I chatted on the phone with Shirley beforehand to get an idea of what types of things this tour might include. She ran down how she plans the tours based on your personal likes and dislikes, taking into account any allergies, etc. She also checks to see if you would like to tour by yourselves with just her or are open to being part of a group. When she quoted me the price I didn't really see the whole picture but figured I'd see what she sends me via email and her contract. Once I opened the PDF File I knew if the food was going to be half as good as the planned day she created it would be worth it. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!!!
We enjoyed liquers, wine, honey, salt, cider, fir tree vinegars of all things (which sound kind of Hmmmmmmm, but are absolutely amazing!!!), and ended with a beautiful scenic and wonderful dinner at a hilltop restaurant with incredible views. Shirley provides a light brunch with coffee/tea and then a very nice lunch somewhere along the way. Our limousine driver Jim was the kindest gentleman despite us packing his limo full of all our goods and wares. You can't help but make purchases along the way everything is so wonderful.
My friend and I are already planning to go back next year and will book again with Shirley to show us some more amazing foodie places. We loved that Victoria is promoting local grown foods for their restaurants, etc.
Thanks Shirley for an amazing day! I finished the last of the Bannack yesterday morning with coffee. Still delicious three days later.

2  Thank heidegehri