See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2017

After reading trip advisor we made sure to call and confirm our reservations ahead of time. Everything was perfect. Confirmations all in place, and we are set to arrive Friday. Except, we called ONE Last time, just to be sure!! and Alas, no where to sleep Friday night.... for 5 of us. Awesome. Payment made and family coming from afar, so it is too late to change. They didnt care, and refuse to help. Hope the rest of the trip goes better.....

Room tip: the Grand in Kelowna is GORGEOUS!!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tdot2017
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

This place has amazing potential. The location is incredible, the accommodations are suitable, majority of staff are super friendly and the pub has good food. It's pretty sad that one unprofessional Marina Manager ruins it for everything/everyone else. I have never been treated with such disrespect and lack of professionalism on any trip I have ever been on. Or in any business establishment, especially by someone in a Managerial position. I'm shocked that this behavior is allowed and yet the email I sent to the owner himself was responded to instead by the person I had the issue with. Wherein he accused me of being drunk (I hadn't even been drinking!!) and that we must not remember the encounter correctly. Believe me, myself and the 4 other adults plus 5 children can't possibly all be wrong. This guy does not care about customer service...literally in his own words he told me he "didn't care". We spent well over $2500 here in a few days period and we were treated like absolute dirt. As boat owners we can't even just go to the pub or stay at the condos either so will unfortunately never return unless this guy is gone.

I really thought the owner would respond to my concerns in a professional manner as business owners (as I myself am) should. But alas apparently accusing your customer(s) of being drunk and not remembering is how this business handles complaints.

Be sure to read other reviews as it appears there is a common theme, particularly in recent reviews. You can read my dozens of other eeviews too so you can see how much we travel and how I have NEVER before left a review of this extreme nature.

Bob Boyar needs a business management course to correct his SHAMEFUL behavior. Or maybe a new line of work.

Two huge thumbs down!! If 0 stars was an option I would use it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank PattonFam
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited here the other day to rent a pair of wave runners for an hour.

It cost $201 or so for the pair for an hour, which was fine. They also put a $2000 hold on my credit card, which is also fine, I guess. I remember when it used to be a $1000 hold for two, but whatever.

Prior to our ride we were given some paperwork to look over, and a quick orientation. Nowhere in the paperwork or the orientation were we told that we were to pay for the gas we used during our ride.

These shady characters instead waited till we were done, and then told us we were to pay for the gas we used. Which, once again, MIGHT be considered ok if it was like $20. It was $76.80 for two jet skis! My brand new BMW which takes premium doesn't even cost that much to fill from EMPTY...these are two small wave runners, and we didn't even run them out of gas; suffice to say, is an absolute joke. Are you not making enough $ off the $201 for an hour? I can understand maybe 20-30$ at most.

Will most certainly be taking my vacation rental business elsewhere.

P.S: as a customer, I have never, ever written a review, positive or negative, but this experience left such a stale taste in my mouth I had to let other people know.

RIP OFF

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Isaac L
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

I rented a boat twice while on vacation. They take put a $1000 hold on your credit card. Which is fine. What they don't tell you is the hold is on your credit card for 10 days, even after the boat is checked in ok. I rented twice and have $2000 I can't use on my credit card for 10 days. I heard of another customer who rented 4 boats and had $4000 held on his card. They don't tell you how long the hold is placed on credit card when you rent the boat. Make sure you have lots of room on your card before you rent a boat here, or have other funds available.

What a rip off !!!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Airdrie_vacationer
Reviewed April 13, 2016

I was driving down here to meet relatives for a spot of lunch on the resort pub, we were coming from Vernon, and were on the lookout for a sign post, we were told it was near Tim Horton's, we saw Tim Horton's, we saw a signpost, but it turned out to be after the turn where the place was, sounds a bit nonsensical, but then I was on holiday, my host who was driving panicked because they couldn't find it, I just said enjoy the beautiful time and look at it as if it was an adventure, we pulled in at another resort further down the road, they kindly redirected us, and we got there!
A lovely looking Marina on Lake Okanagan, foothill mountains all around, the sun was out, I had a fill of food and drink, I was on holiday, what more can you ask for?
Turtle bay management, please try to get your sign post moved towards Vernon by about 1km, with a notice saying 'next left' or something like that, and next time I am over, I'll giove you 5 stars :)

Date of stay: March 2016