US$77
Stornoway Lodge(Lanseria)
US$74
US$54
  • Free Breakfast
Lanseria Country Estate(Lanseria)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$77
Linquenda Guest Farm(Lanseria)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Room Service
US$93
US$80
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$68
Touch of Africa Lodge(Lanseria)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$51
Agoda.com
US$65
US$56
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Having moved from Europe to Joburg just a few months ago, my husband and I were looking for a weekend-escape not far from where we live now. Even though we had a little problem to find where to turn off the N512 (look for the sign that says 'Lost Paradise'!), the pleasure began when we passed the entrance of the Lodge, because for 1,5 km we doubted whether this path will really take us to civilisation again! It sure did, and better, it took us to Wilna, John and Fiona, their daughter, and what I consider a little piece of paradise! A wonderful garden overlooking the Crocodile River, all kinds of exotic birds, thatch-roofed buildings with great charm, a very warm welcome and even though we stayed in the self-catering Karee Cottage, Wilna prepared us with Fiona's help two outstanding breakfasts that we enjoyed on the platform-terrace with a spectacular view over the river & the pool. Definitely, the love is in the detail, the books on the shelve, the freshly picked flowers on the table, the decoration on the plate ... And all this within a walking distance of wildbeast, kudu & co. (unfortunately the giraffs seemed to have been away for the WE!). A great place for everyone who loves nature and staying out of the rush!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfgang M
Reviewed October 29, 2011

On a holiday to South Africa (from London) my husband, teenage son and myself spent three days and nights at Oorie River Lodge before moving on to visit family in Johannesburg. It's hard to believe that the Oorie Nature Reserve is only about 40 minutes drive away from Jo'Burg, as the reserve is so peaceful and idyllic, and well off the beaten track. The lodge, Karee Cottage and the grounds are so picturesque, and owners Wilna and John the perfect hosts. So we rose at dawn, watched the sun rise over the river, and then walked out into the reserve where we strolled among the zebra, giraffe, wildebeest and impala, and watched mongoose and one morning a silver jackal darting across our path. One morning we visited Hartebeespoort Dam and its African market, another we went horse riding locally, returning in the heat of the afternoons to swim and lie by the secluded pool which also has views over the river and from where you can watch the sunset. Then we had braais in the evenings in our own private bit of the garden, and watched TV or read in our pretty little cottage which was stocked with too many good books to read in the time we were there. Everything we needed was on hand (and the cottage has a lovely bathroom). We all absolutely loved it - even my teenage son said it was "the perfect chill-out place". Oh, and we felt completely safe there, after having heard so much about how dangerous Johannesburg was and, later, staying in high-security compounds in the Jo'Burg suburbs.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Deanne P
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The service was friendly, the room was very clean and the atmosphere very relaxing. I loved the view of the mountain. I can recommend it!!! But I think a T.V in the room would have made my stay more comfortable. There is a public lounge where you can relax and watch T.V but I would have like to do that in my room. I still loved it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silvergh123
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in the B&B part. I wanted somewhere quiet and comfortable in that area to take my 85 year old aunt. We had excellent food on 2 nights and ate out at the Portuguese restaurant/motel quarter of an hour away o the third night. Our stay could not have been more different to the one negative review earlier. Spotlessly clean rooms, attentive service without it being over-present at any time. This was an ideal base to visit Swartkop dam, Cradle of Mankind and we thoroughly enjoyed the Lion and Rhino Park. All in all a perfect stay. Comfortable beds too.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank craibstone
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We really liked it there.
The room and bathroom was really nice and it was on a private reserves where we saw our first giraffe, ostrich and bucks of the trip. The owners were nice and helpful.

Not too far from Maropeng and the Sterkfontein caves, which is why we stayed there rather than closer to the city. There aren't a huge number of restaurants close by, but they put together supper for us on short notice and we had supper with them. It was cold in July but the supplied water bottles did the trick. It was quite neat to be what felt like in the middle of the bush when we were in reality less than an hour outside of Pretoria.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple