“Dont go there!!!”

Hennops Pride Caravan Park
Ranked #6 of 7 things to do in Lanseria
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Looks like this is a regular thing happening where they "overbook" and don't pay back your money. We were booked this Easter weekend - when we got there Yvonne said they are the new owners and didn't know about our booking. Apparently according to her the previous owner stole money and didn't hand over to her so she didn't know about us. However we booked into one of the chalets on the other side of the river. The next day she asked us if we will be able to move to one of the log cabins as the other person that is coming in paid R9500 for the week - we felt sorry for her and said its ok we will just to help her out. She then booked us into a log cabin that had almost nothing in it. It was raining the whole weekend - we were 5 adults and 2 kids in that small cabin - she send the maid with some cutlery so that we can at least make some food - eventually the same morning we left and requested our money back - i told her i booked a self catering cabin for a reason as my mom is 75 years old and she cannot go out in the middle of the night to use the ablution blocks. It was not comfortable. Now we are still waiting for our refund - i will be taking legal steps this afternoon as we waited now almost 6 days for a refund.I will not recommend this place to anyone!!!

3  Thank charmaineb0tha

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yvonne called us on the morning of our trip to cancel our booking, due to a mix up on her side, despite numerous calls and emails where she confirmed that everything was in order with our booking! She then refused to refund us our deposit even after all that she had put us through.

2  Thank Natalie L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked in January and paid the deposit for a weekend over Easter only to be phoned by Yvonne at 09:30 on Good Friday of the Easter weekend to be told that they don't have a booking for us, that there was a "double booking" and that they couldn't accommodate us. We were virtually on our way already. And then, to cap it all, Hennops Pride Caravan Park (or Melanie, as Yvonne says) won't refund us our deposit, never mind anything else. First Yvonne agreed that they would pay back our deposit but then she says that Melanie has refused. How can you hold on to someone else's money when you haven't provided the service those people have paid for? Definitely not going to leave this as-is, I'm going to make sure that everyone knows how they operate.

2  Thank sharonlkirton
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Not the best camping for me. The place is a bit neglected. Some of the grass was cut and some not. Some of the people camping there played music loudly until late after 10pm. My idea of camping is to rest and enjoy the animal sounds that you can hear at night, not music, this is my opinion.

I think the place can be very nice as you have the river running past. But some work will be required.

1  Thank nev157