“Interesting property. Would go again.”
Review of Le Thil B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Fuscien
Le Thil B&B
Hampshire
“Interesting property. Would go again.”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The hosts were very pleasant and made us feel welcome to their home. They were available if we needed anything but were unobtrusive. My French is limited but we still got on fine. The decor is a mixture of styles making it interesting, and gives a homely feel to the place. Everywhere was clean, and the bathroom area very nicely done, although I personally prefer the WC to have a wash basin when it is separate. Breakfast was reasonable although the cereal a little tired. The fridge was a bit noisy in our room, and the bed perhaps a little soft for me, but we would definitely go there again if we get the chance. We felt like we had stayed with friends, and were very touched to be waved off on our journey.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PosterHampshire

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This second visit to Le Thil was just as wonderful as my first. I brought family members with me and we had sole occupancy with our hosts. The warm welcome and extra special attention to detail were as before. Beautifully decorated rooms, spotless bathrooms and comfy beds were a treat. We were able to use the back garden as a retreat on days when we felt like resting. Our hosts were unobtrusive and yet attentive, almost intuitive. We have made friends for life! I know I will return again and again.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lelba
Long Eaton, England
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay (17 - 20 August 2011) at Le Thil with our 13 year old Grandson, to visit the WW1 Somme Battlefields to help him with his understanding of modern history. This was our second stay here - we had previously visited 4 years ago. The hosts, Marie-Cecile and Gerard are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble for them, and they make you feel very welcome in their home. Breakfasts were just delightful too, with fresh-baked bread and croissants to complement the fresh fruit; yogurt; meats; cheese and conserves, washed down with juice and French coffee - this really set us up for busy days exploring the Somme area. We can thoroughly recommend Le Thil to anyone who wishes to stay in a fantastic old French house in a quiet village location, but with easy access (15 minutes drive) to the centre of Amiens, and a further 30 minutes to the Somme Battlefields. There is no doubt that we shall return again to this great B&B in the future, and we would recommend it to anyone wishing to visit the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mythosman58
Bolton, UK
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Nothing too much trouble for their guests. We stayed in the room of the Angels. It looked out over a very pleasant garden. The owners allowed us to sit in their garden, bring an evening meal in on the second night as the first night we went to the Michelin star restaurent in Dury. We were included in whoever they had to stay which resulted in interesting conversation. Very peaceful. Late afternoon in the garden on the sun loungers with le chat was an ideal way of forgetting the bussle of life. Le Thil is the home of Marie-Cécile and Gérard Candelier Look at the photos in the lounge of how they have restored the house, a magnificent feat. Their choice of music and artistic talents are prevalent throughout the house. A pleasure to stay with them.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soolon1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed at Le Thil my first night in France in early September. I had picked it based on proximity to the great Cathedral in Amiens. I was not sure what to expect as this was my first trip to France. My room was very large with an equally large bathroom. This was the largest of the rooms and bathrooms I had during this trip. It was very clean! The next morning I enjoyed a lovely breakfast before leaving for Rouen. The breakfast included plenty of coffee, yogurt, a very tasty fruit cup, and a variety of breads and jams.

Marie Cecile and her husband were delightful hosts, although our conversation was limited due to both of our limitations on French and English. I would highly recommend Le Thil for anyone looking for a taste of the true French countryside. It was extremely well located near Amiens as well as the Sommes battlefields. I was given a map with restaurant and grocery locations and there were plenty of brochures in the B&B to assist you in seeing the sites. Overall a wonderful experience for me.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank barbiecooper
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at Le Thil for 4 nights as a base to explore the Somme battlefields, and to attend the dawn service at Villers Bretonneux on ANZAC Day. The accommodation met our needs perfectly, and the service from the hosts was above and beyond! The greeting was very friendly, the information and recommendations for local restaurants and things to do was spot-on, and Marie even packed us a delicious picnic breakfast for the dawn service. We were the envy of all around us with our ham and cheese sandwiches, pastries, and juice. On a couple of nights we bought food at the supermarket for our evening meal, and ate in the delightful garden - plates, wine glasses etc were willingly provided. We do not usually stay in B&B's for fear of a lack of privacy from over-zealous hosts, but while the service here was friendly, it was never over-bearing.
We stayed in the Angel room, which was very comfortable but a little on the small side (although fine for four nights). We would request the larger room if (when) we return.
There was no WIFI internet (which we'd become used to at hotels), but that was no trouble as there is a MacDonald's 10 mins down the road with free WIFI.
You will need a car as St Fuscian is a little village without much to attact visitors.
We had a lovely visit and highly recommend this B&B. We hope to return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lottalists
Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Le Thil was a delightful haven of tranquility. The charming hosts became like old friends. Marie-Cecile and Gerard went out of their way to make my stay memorable and stress-free. I drove from Dieppe to Le Thil and found it easily with excellent directions from my hosts. Breakfast was a treat- more than enough to set me up for the day. Gerard would always put some music on for me to complement the mood. One day I chose to have a day 'at home'. Marie-Cecile kindly offered to provide me with lunch. I felt like one of the family!
Upon departure Marie-Cecile and Gerard were concerned for me as I had to return a rental car, then find my way to the nearest railway station for my onward journey. They consulted maps and street directories in order to secure the routes I should take.
This personal attention was very much appreciated and I can honestly say it was difficult to leave my new friends.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank lelba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Fuscien
6.2 km away
La Maison d'Euphrasie
#1 of 14 in Amiens
5.5 km away
Maison d'hotes Le Quatorze

Been to Le Thil B&B? Share your experiences!