All reviews other guests lofoten islands home away from home shared bathroom great hospitality cooked dinner guesthouse laundry conversation distance
Reviewed March 24, 2015

We stayed at Anne Gerd's for 3 days, and were treated like family. Highlights included a very nice breakfest, with homemade bread and blueberry jam, and a great hostess. Our room was nice and quiet, and the bathroom was first class, with a big shower and bathtub. We were in Lofoten to do randonee-skiing and though there are nice mountains at Vestvågøy, it is a bit far off Austvågøy (~1 hour drive) which has the majority of peaks to ski. We were a bit surprised by the cash-only payment. This bit of information could have been included on the web site for increased visibility. All-in-all we had a great stay and would recommend Anne Gerd's to other travellers.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2015

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure having you here. Sorry about the payment. This info is normally included in the first mail info I give my prospective guests.
You are right there are a lot of challenging steep hillsides at Austvaagoy and snow conditions may be better. But Himmeltindan at Vestvaagoy can offer just as challenging skiing provided there is snow enough. Hope you will consider another stay - also during other seasons of the year.

Reviewed January 31, 2015

This immaculate and charming B and B is a treasure. Anna Gerd is wonderful, warm, and welcoming. She took me for a spectacular walk. When I ventured off on my own, she made sure I knew where I was going and provided great recommendations. I truly felt like I was staying with a beloved auntie. Breakfast spread is yummy. And she even ade me dinner my first night because I arrived late. Location is very good...but keep in mind that it takes longer than you would expect to get anywhere because the roads are twisty and narrow!

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2015

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure hosting you, like an old, good friend. Despite bad weather and no northern light you seemed to enjoy your stay and exploration of the area. Looking forward to seeing you back here.

Reviewed September 25, 2014 via mobile

Fantastc location / 10 min from Stamsund port / 10 min from Leknes Airport
Right next to a little lake
Good Breakfast and Anne Gerd takes care of any need you might have. Magic scenery especially with the northern lights. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2014
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Thank you so much for a flattering review. I am so happy to know you were satisfied with your stay - and even topped it with a perfect northern light. Hope this was just a tempting taster and you will consider coming back in the not too distant future. Welcome!

Reviewed September 25, 2014

Me and my friend spent 3 nights at the end of our hiking trip in Anne Gerd's guesthouse. Weather was bad so we were very glad we could stay for a few nights under the roof instead of a tent. Finally this was that icing on a cake, something we didn't expect at all! Anne Gerd is a fantastic person, so friendly, so willing, so helpful. Together with her daughter Mari Mette and grandchildren Ellen and Jon Ailo we experienced unforgettable time there full of unbelievable stories, fun and truly homelike atmosphere.
The house is very cosy and we felt like home there. Room with double bed is big enough to have a nice rest there, shared bathroom is really huge and clean. There is a special fridge for guests there and possibility to use a kitchen for preparing your own meals. Also we were invited to have a dinner together with Anne Gerd's family and other guests, it was really pleasant time. After dinner we talked long into the night about our travels, lives, families... Breakfast buffet with fantastic homemade bread was really nice start of day there.
Anne Gerd and her friends are dedicated to hiking, so you can ask about a suitable hike for you. Most likely they know every peak on Lofoten. There are also other possible activities to do - kayaking, fishing, cycling...
I would like to highly recommend staying in Anne Gerd's guesthouse, if you are looking for friendly and welcoming atmosphere, where you can truly feel like home.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TomasDvoracek
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Thank you so much for a warming review. We appreciated so much having you here and joining us on hikes and having interesting and amusing talks. We look forward to having you back here in a not too dfistant future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed 7 days at Anne Gerd's fantastic and peaceful bed and breakfast and we really enjoyed our holiday there.AnneGerd is very considerate of her guests and is really happy to help for finding the appropriate hike. She booked a car for us and when we arrived at Stamsund with the Hurtigruten ferry the car was there (very cheap car, so don't hesitate to ask Anne Gerd to book it for you, the car is a bit old but definitely suitable for the Lofotens!).
The house is very comfy and cosy, you feel at home. We shared a huge and very clean bathroom. There is a fridge available for guests and you can also use the kitchen for your evening meals. We didn't use it but the other guests did and we found that it was very kind of the host. Breakfast was very good with home made bread, scrumptious and it gave us the opportunity to spend very enjoyable moments with a Spanish Catalan family !
I would like to add that we have stayed in a lot of bed and breakfast, and although we are generally very happy with our hosts and with the quality of their welcome, we find that nowadays bed and breakfast tend to become more and more standardised( especially in the uk) You find the same type of welcome, the same food to eat for breakfast , the same brand of bath towels and toilettries.... But here it's the opposite, you definitely share something different with Anne Gerd , she has her own special way to welcome people. So thanks to Anne Gerd and also Mari Mette her daughter, don't change anything.
Needless to say that the place is highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed my way of running this accommodation. I hope you will consider coming back some day, there is still so much to experience - not least during other seasons.