“Relaxed and Chilled But”
Review of Delfinia Hotel

Delfinia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Moraitika
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel room nice and clean serviced every day people were lovely large garden area were most people had their sun loungers beach was shingle but the sea water was lovely very clean and safe my only complaint and it is a small one there were way to many tables put together in the dining area forever pulling my seat in and out to let people pass easy fix I think and I would return

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine M

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a relaxing 10 days here. Hotel was very good , clean and our room (821) had amazing view. Restaurant was fine, although drinks very expensive. Situated on the beach with a strip with nice taverna's/bars. Ten minute walk into village again more lovely taverna's and bars. Highly recommend the Bella vista and village taverna's up in the hills - well worth the steep hill

1  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Had a great holiday here. Fantastic hotel although the web site doesn't do it justice.
Location was perfect for us. It's a small village but plenty of bars places to eat so we didn't get bored in our 10 day stay.
The location was right on the beach. The pool was surrounded by beautiful gardens. The children loved the choice of pool or sea so close together and sun bathing for us in the gardens was nice and peaceful.
The food was excellent. We booked half board and usually like to eat out as we get bored. However we didn't need to as the food was good. They had a different theme night each night so there was plenty of variety.
I was expecting some yoga and meditation each day from what I read on the web site and that didn't happen.
However lovely hotel I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Lovely hotel in beautiful grounds that stretch down to a narrow pebble beach. Magnificent sunrises can be an experienced on the beach after a lovely breakfast in the restaurant which overlooks the Ionian Sea. Staff in the restaurant are pleasant and will serve your coffee at the table. Evening meals will always provide you with something that British people will find tasty. A couple of tips that would improve the restaurant. More cutlery could be provided as a knife fork and spoon are not enough. Wednesday evening meal is nearly all fish dishes these could be spread across the week. I would recommend this hotel for mature couples. Moaritika itself has very little to offer only a couple of nice bars.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamBelfast
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Just had a lovely weeks stay at this hotel, me and my two kids (8 & 11), loving the clean warm pool, direct access to the clear shallow sea, multitude of sun loungers and fab food in the hotel' restaurant.
It's quite a quiet place, fine for a week, kids were a bit bored by the end of the week. Not much in the resort, except pedalos, nice restaurants and a few bars. You come here to chill out. Not so many English families, I felt a bit isolated as a single parent here, not helped by being ignored by bar staff in the evening at the beach bar.
Generally a very nice hotel, fine if you want to sunbathe and read books all day, little else going on. I found I spent quite a bit on drinks/ coffees/ lunch out, which is probably more to do with the poor Euro exchange rate at the moment, but next time I'll do AI as I have done before.

1  Thank Kevs S
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We arrived after midnight, but were offered sandwiches and a drink, which was a good start. Initially we thought that our room was a distance from the sea but next morning discovered it was just five minutes to the private beach.
From when we arrived until our departure all the staff made us feel welcome, and the service we received was excellent.
In particular the the waiters/waitresses, and the beach bar staff were happy to chat and pleased to help us learn a few Greek words.
Our room, on the second floor was well furnished and importantly we could see the sea ( just about ) and the sunrise.
All in all we had a lovely holiday, made extra special by the warmth and friendliness we were shown.

Room Tip: Side sea view room is good facing east ...morning sun cooler than afternoon.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We booked our first family holiday here for 10 days half board.
On arrival we was greeted by friendly reception staff. I explained we have an infant and I need to heat bottles; within 10 minutes one of many friendly house keepers brought us up a kettle. (These girls really don't get enough credit or acknowledgment, I'll explain further later) we was all given a complementary free 15 minute massage of our choice which was great! Until after you've booked and had your massage you are then pressured to buy another treatment at an extremely expensive price! I booked a pedicure at €30, it involved painting my toe nails and nothing more.
Our room was in the main building which was lovely and accommodating for 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant. Definitely 4* room. However my in-laws room was in the opposite building by the pool, with no view and very very basic. Would say more so a 2/3*. A bit disappointing considering the amount we paid for our holiday. Rooms come with TV, fridge, hairdryer, travel cot if needed which was brand new/immaculate!! And a safe although the safe will cost you €30. Downside to the rooms was the smelly drain in the bathroom but it soon went away and drainage in corfu seems to be the same where ever you go.
Food was fab for all 10 days, some repetitive but continuously changed and freshly cooked. Drinks are expensive so we did tend to just stick with bottled water. The staff are outstanding. Restaurant manager can come across unapproachable at first but he really is lovely my kids loved their secret handshake, one night my son refused to eat the manager came over and fed him, for a very busy man this was such a kind thing to do. Spyros (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong) went above and beyond for us always ensuring our table was ready highchair etc. My daughter loved him!!!
Pool is immaculate!! Gardeners are out in the mornings and night maintaining the gardens they really take pride in it. The beach WoW!! The sea is as clear as the pool! Take swim shoes or flip flops for the pebbled bit just before entering then it is the softest sand for ages, with water up to your hip. Amazing!
Supermarkets are close walking distance, main one at the top of the entrance if you turn left and keep walking your find a strip of shops and food places so ample to choose from. The hotels Taverna do the best Gyros, the beach bar is very overpriced but evening entertainment was really good especially the dance nights. Not much for the kids though. One lady runs the club but I think their needs to be more of a team and more focus on planning activities for all ages.
Back to the cleaners, my 3 little ones was a little under the whether for a couple of days but the cleaners were always on call for fresh bedding or towels and always without fail greeted us and thanked us for keeping our rooms tidy. We loved the girls.
Tennis courts, rackets, gym are all free to use. You can also get a bus pretty much anywhere from the top of the entrance opposite the supermarket, in reception their should be a bus timetable and locations.
Would we come here again? maybe, Corfu definitely!
Would we recommend? To a couple, yes.. family? It really depends what you want from your holiday.
Must also add, not many English people come here, so making friends adults or children is very difficult with the language barrier.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moraitika
2.4 km away
6.3 km away
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
20.4 km away
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel

Been to Delfinia Hotel? Share your experiences!