See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Having stayed in Greece many times , and love the country and the people , I find leaving such a bad review a bitter pill , but I really want people to know just how poor it is . There is rarely anyone in reception at any time of day . The staff are surly and unengaging and actually raise their voices at you , if you have the audacity to ask for something . We actually witnessed a couple get shouted at because they turned up at 2 minutes to seven and were made to put their plates back as service was about to finish , even though there was food already out for them . After watching the way the hotel was run on a shoestring for a couple of days , my wife and I , along with relatives ate out every day , it proved very expensive but there was no way we could continue witnessing the way things were at the Bali mare . One Evening , my wife asked for a drink , but it was 5 minutes early and she was shouted at !, I told the waiter to never speak to my wife like that again and the manager and his daughter came over as things were getting a bit frayed . The daughter who speaks good English , had to make the waiter apologise for his behaviour , which he eventually did. Pool bar snacks consist of a small cake , you have to take your glass / cup back if you want another drink . Your shouted at if you don't !.The Tv remote never did turn up and it's 5 euro's for the a/c remote . Basically, to sum up , we hired a car , ate out and went out every day to avoid being there !. I would hope that no one stays at the Bali mare in the future unless they turn things around , because you work hard all year looking forward to your holiday , and you definitely don't want it ruined . I do feel it was misrepresented by teletext and will try for a refund , however , refund or not , please stay away from the Bali mare as there are some fantastic hotels and people around in Greece and do look after you wonderfully and make your stay awesome . Kev Hampshire.

Room Tip: Views are awesome , hotel is diabolical
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank keveames
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We love Greece and particularly Crete and have visited many times over the last 25 years. We love the relaxed warm atmosphere, excellent food and friendly people. We got none of this here. The description of the hotel is incorrect and I would like to know who gave it 3 stars. It claims that there is 24 hour reception. We arrived, after a 10 hour journey with 1 year old twins, to find no-one in reception. After about 40 minutes, we found someone at the pool bar who said that the receptionist was asleep and couldn't be woken. He eventually turned up and begrudgingly showed us our rooms. Over the week we rarely saw anyone in reception. I dread to think if we needed help. The description states that each room has a kitchenette. Not true. There was an old fridge in a cupboard. The All Inclusive option was a complete joke. There was only beer and awful wine on offer and only for very limited times. When we arrived, we tried to get a drink at 6.00pm, only to be shouted at, saying they were preparing food. We got chastised again for daring to take drinks out of the restaurant onto the terrace. When we complained about the appalling service, the man said that he only worked there. The pool bar opened at 11 am and closed at 12 noon as the whole place was run by 5 rude, sullen and mostly silent people who could only manage one thing at a time. It opened again, after lunch, until 5. Then no more drinks until 7pm. At one point, my daughter was refused drinks until she brought cups back. The food was totally inedible at times, even the bread was stale. The hotel says that there is a children's playground. This was a little plastic table and 2 chairs by the pool. The pool was dirty and on the last day, missing half of it's water. I have never felt the need to complain about a hotel before but should warn anyone thinking of booking. Go somewhere else where you will get the usual fantastic Greek experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Beautiful view and environment - bananas, olives and palms trees are everywhere. Very comfortable renovated rooms. Food and a selection of drinks were solid. The restaurant in the hotel has beautiful panoramic view.This place is all inclusive light, so you get draft beer, red and white wine, raki, ouzo and juices on the bar near the pool and on top floor restaurant. The staff was very friendly. Wi-fi works only at the reception and at the pool.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank tomasevict
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Bali mare was very comfortable since the rooms we stayed were recently renovated. Sheets were changed very often and the room was cleaned on a daily basis. I was there with my husband and kids and appreciated the fact that the sea was right in front so that we did not need a car to go for a swim. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make us feel at home. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Best rooms are above the pool. Quiet and easily accessible
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2016

This year our family and other 7 ones had been poisoning after eating food in this hotel. Be aware for that and be very careful to eat. Personal of this hotel are not friendly to communicate and helping if you have questions. I would not advice that hotel to you.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends