“Sea View Room .. Yeah Right .!!”
Review of The Small Village

The Small Village
Reviewed 20 July 2015

My Family spent one night in Kos after we took a ferry from Bodrum, Turkey. If you are staying less than 3 nights this place is not in a convenient location and a taxi will cost 38 Euro, it’s at least a 20 min walk to the beach which is a clay/mud beach. My very dated room was next to a 300W spot light and the aircon didn’t work so I had a total of 2 hours sleep. The ONLY reason this place gets any stars in my view is because of the service from the bar tender and the home cooked meal we received. All in all there are a lot of better places in KOS to stay keep hunting.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2 Bedroom Apartment DONT REQUEST THIS ..
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Irini Z, Ιδιοκτήτης at The Small Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear Struggy!

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve more and more
our service.
I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating.
Please reach out to me directly if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Looking for a quiet hotel ánd with a central location? The Small Village is what you want.
Almost right in the middle of Kos island, it's only a few minutes drive from Mastichari! You can reach Kos town ánd Kefalos within half an hour.
The hotel offers rooms or houses with kitchenette, but give also excellent Greec meals.
Most of all, you are surrounded by nature.
We were charmed by the good energy!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Annie!

First of all, thank you very much for you feedback!
We really appreciate it!!
Also, we will be very glad to welcome you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 31 May 2015

I stayed 3 nights and found the hotel excellent . It is well located in a quiet resort - a short drive (10 minute ) from Mastichari village, As I was on the island for business , accommodated in the middle of the island was pretty convenient for me . The bed extremely comfortable and the room adequately furnished- I also had coffee making facility !! The bathroom is with bathtub which I found ideal after a long day. Excellent Wi-Fi -very important for me !
And the staff so helpful !!!.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Michal!

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel!
We appreciate your positive comments about accomodation and facilities!
We will be really glad to see you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 31 May 2015

And the staff so helpful !!!.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Michal!

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel!
We appreciate your positive comments about accomodation and facilities!
We will be really glad to see you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 30 May 2015

My husband and I began our Greek vacation in Kos at The Small Village . We were treated like part of the family from check in. They arraigned a car from the airport and even our driver was fabulous. Meals were great and we also visited Hippocrates garden nearby - also recommended by Trip advisor. They even found the shopping I was interested in and set my husband up with tours he loved. We highly recommend this hotel. The location was great as well.

Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Sonia!

Thank you a lot for your feedback regarding the vacation at The Small Village Hotel.
We are really pleased to read your comments that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It would be such a pleasure to see you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 28 May 2015

The staff was really helpful and polite. The apartment was comfortable and quite large for the 4 of us. We also had a nice view to the sea watching the sunset and the nearby island Kalymnos. We have tried some very tasty local dishes. The pool is fantastic and we really enjoyed the evenings by the pool bar.We felt quite safe to leave the kids play alone in the village. We do recommend it for relaxing family holidays.

Room Tip: The Family rooms
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Dear Nedia!

We really appriciate your feedback about vacation in the Small Village Hotel!
It would be so nice to us to see you again in our amazing village!

Reviewed 20 January 2015

We have stayed in that hotel in August 2014 with the yoga group. As an organizer of the yoga seminar i was looking for the hotel with the best location, so the Small Village is a best choise if you are looking for a private and calm relaxing vacation. Location from the sea is 10 minutes walk, the sea is calm and wild, no other tourists, it has a fresh breeze and clean sand. The staff in hotel was really helpfull and kind. They were interested in helping us to find a good place for yoga lessons and provided a big library as a place for the practice. The most valuable thing in all hotels is a staff relation to you. The main manager of reception Marry was always helpfull, she was trying to find a best price for the transfer, the best guide for excursions, and in all of the questions she was really attracted in finding the best decidion for us. Her letters in the correspondence were full of the details and important information and it seemed like she was providing me all the information as a mother to the child. I was feeling that i definetly will be right to choose that hotel for the group of 48 persons. The food in the restaurant was REALLY tasty, and it was the most tasty fish exactly in Small Village that i have ever tasted in Greece. The rooms were big, and the cleaning was every day. The wi-fi was working every day and it has a good speed. The swimming pool was warm and clean. I would like to thank all of the staff and the owners of that hotel for warm welcoming and i look forward to come back there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank elenaelena2015