Paradise Costa Taurito
Cordial Mogan Valle(Puerto de Mogan)(Great Value!)
US$120
Cala Blanca by Diamond Resorts(Mogan)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$38
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Cordial Mogan Playa(Puerto de Mogan)
US$174
  • Pool
Hotel Riviera Vista(Playa de Cura)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Beachfront
Marina Elite(Arguineguin)
US$212
US$164
  • Pool
Pension Eva(Puerto de Mogan)
US$33
  • Free Internet
Cordial Muelle Viejo(Puerto de Mogan)
US$210
TripAdvisor
Anfi Opal Villas(Arguineguin)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewswater parksalt waterparadise hotelspiano bararena plazafree entryentertainment areapuerto ricoanimation teamhotel poolboth lunch and dinnerla bambamexican nightgreat holidaycleaned dailyper daykrabi spa
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Just back from a week in this hotel with my two girls. Had to get first room changed due to ants but no issues getting this done and was transferred to a much larger room. Rooms cleaned daily although bedding not changed during the week.
Food was typical all inclusive standard and nothing to rave about. The snacks from the pool bar were better and they kept the girls fed. Tried eating in the Lago hotel one night, as some of my family had booked there, but was asked to leave! Same chain of hotel and same standard food so a bit surprised at that.
Pool area at Costa much more relaxing than Lago but no issues getting sun beds at either. Water park was excellent and very relaxing.
The animation team worked hard to provide entertainment at night and,although not brilliant, you cannot challenge the effort they put in to it.
Biggest shock was that everything closes at 11pm, other than the arcade which opens until midnight, and there is nowhere else to go. Even the balcony lights in all of the hotels go off at 11pm so you cannot read on your balcony! So prepare yourself for an early night, every night!
Escaped to Puerto Rico one night for a nice meal and some drinks from proper glasses!
Self contained,man made resort, suitable for families with young children. Otherwise avoid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ParadiseHR1, The Paradise Team at Paradise Costa Taurito, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Martin H,

We are sorry to hear that your stay in the relatively tranquil valley of Taurito was not everything you expected, while most of our guests are especially happy about the tranquility one experiences here, especially at night.

You may not have noticed or maybe forgotten to mention that the bar does not close at 11pm but rather at 01:00am. 11pm is when the AI finishes but the bar stays open for another 2 hours.

We would like to welcome you back to the Costa Taurito or maybe one of our other Paradise Hotels.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

If u enjoy walking around the town and having a nosey about this isn’t the place for you this is totally secluded and the bus ride round the cliffs was let’s just say nauseating . The hotel itself is very clean the lady on reception was just rude when we arrived at 10:30pm after a full day of traveling just not what you need, my main issue was the food it was just food nothing at all special infact quite boring and I went to the dinner hall at around 8:15am and asked for a small amount of milk for a brew as I didn’t have any and I was point blank told no!!! Cannot believe we paid all inclusive and refused a small amount of milk no to mention the fact the day u leave ur check out is 12 so your band runs out this totally infuriated me as we wasn’t due to leave till 5pm and dinner opens at 12:30 gain u pay for all inclusive and that flaming happens and when I asked my tour provider I was told I will find at all inclusive that this is what happens baring in mind we’ve done lanzarote fuertventura and Greece all inclusive this has never happened before only here in Gran Canaria tbh I wouldn’t return at all, the entertainment team definitely work hard hats off to them the water park is saltier than the sea and the sea is very strong and lots of huge waves the life guard however is great very attentive hats off to him aswell, it may be some people’s cup of tea but if I’m honest this place wasn’t for us as a family and wouldn’t return I don’t like to pay extra for all inclusive and be denied enough milk for a brew or be given the worst pack up after travelling 12hours and then be told your band runs out before dinner on your leaving day that to me isn’t all inclusive

1  Thank Leigh S
ParadiseHR1, The Paradise Team at Paradise Costa Taurito, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Leigh S,

Thank you very much for choosing The Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel as your holiday destination and writing the review regarding your experience.

We are happy to hear that you appreciated the animation team of the hotel. However, we are sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay you felt were not up your expectations despite our staff´s incessant efforts to make your holidays as pleasant as possible.

Many guests appreciate what you call "secludedness" because they prefer the tranquility and lesser traffic of Taurito Valley, as this way they can relax more and feel less need to worry about their children so much all the time.

Despite these matters, we hope that you will choose to spend your holidays at the Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel again.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We stayed at Paradise Costa Taurito 7-14 October and travelled from Leeds Bradford Airport with Jet2 holidays.

Check-in at the hotel was a breeze and we were given a bag each containing a sandwich, fruit, juice, biscuits, water, bread and jam as the evening dining session had finished by the time we arrived at the hotel. Our room was 225 which was a good size and contained 3 beds. The air conditioning worked well, as expected if you open the patio door it cuts out and you need to leave your spare room card in the slot for lighting, air conditioning, fridge etc.

We did spend a day around the hotel pool but we preferred the water park which was more fun and more spacious. The sun loungers around the hotel pool were a little too close for our liking whereas at the water park there was plenty of room to put the sun loungers where we wanted. Entry to the water park was included as was the food and drinks. Our only expense there was the hire of a parasol.

Due to the road closure between Taurito and Mogan there is a courtesy bus to Playa del Cura and then another bus to Mogan. The cost is very cheap but obviously takes much longer now which is a shame. We didn’t use a taxi although there were plenty available but the cost has risen due to the diversion.

We did a panorama tour of the island which we booked with the Jet2 rep at the resort which was a full day and great to get out and about and see the island instead of staring at our toes on a sun lounger!

The food at the hotel was good and there was always plenty for even a fussy eater like myself to choose from, it was hot and empty trays were quickly replaced with full ones.

The downside to the hotel is the evening entertainment which is down at the plaza, in my opinion it was very poor consisting of silly games and a lot of miming. I love live music so it would have been nice to see bands/singers. There was a singer in the hotel one evening which made a nice change. I know everyone likes different things but for a 4* resort I did expect something to do in the evenings.

The big question, would I visit again? I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend the hotel for a week but Taurito itself was a little too quiet for my liking and there is nowhere to walk to but I had read lots of reviews so cannot say I was not aware of this! If the usual road to Mogan had been open then I think we would possibly have spent some of our evenings there which would have been more entertaining.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ParadiseHR1, Elaine M at Paradise Costa Taurito, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Elaine M,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and writing this comprehensive review regarding your holiday experience at the Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the spacious room of the hotel and that the charming waterpark of the resort provided you with the pleasant memories about your stay.

However, your suggestions are very appreciated and the idea of live music shows shall be taken into consideration.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Paradise Costa Taurito again.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Hotel is very clean, a bit dated but for a three star probably what you would expect. We found the staff were mostly very nice and helpful. Unfortunately there was not much else going for it (for us anyway). Food - not much choice and no where else in the resort to eat. As per previous review the local road to Mogan is closed so the taxi fare was 18 euros or two bus rides and Puerto Rico was 12 euros or two bus rides. There was no entertainment in the hotel itself and the entertainment at the main plaza in the resort was not up to much, again probably better to go into Puerto Rico. The resort is ideal for families with young kids and the Paradise Costa would suit couples who want a really quiet holiday. Its fair to say we wont be returning to this hotel or resort.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear hunterl1,

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your experience at the Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel.

We are glad that you were satisfied with the service of the helpful and friendly staff and the cleanness of the hotel.

We are sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy every aspect of your stay despite our staff´s tireless efforts to make your holidays as enjoyable as possible.

We appreciate your remarks, nevertheless, we hope that you will choose the Paradise Costa Taurito as your holiday destination again.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a week all inclusive which included the water park.
I'll review each area individually.

Check in: easy. Lovely lady receptionist who was very helpful.

Room: we had a family room and a double room. The rooms were clean, large, lovely safe balcony, blackout blinds, aircon (free), safe (paid), wardrobe with 10 hangers. Yes, this matters to me. Cleaned daily and I think the sheets were changed 1 time whilst we were there. Fresh towels as required. The cleaner also took great pleasure in moving my daughter's monkey to different places for her to find him - fun hide and seek, he was always poking his head out.

Food: we are a mixed group - meat eaters, 1 vegetarian, 1 child. The food changed daily but the poor vege amongst us had cheese and salad daily as the other options were very poor - pasta and sauce still in a pan on the stove every day. Same flavour, just different pasta shapes! There was a wide variance for the meat eaters which by all accounts was "ok" and since they are catering for the massee, you can't or shouldn't expect great. The deserts were very same same every day. Mousse, jelly, fruit, and a Swiss roll type thing also small cakes (same cake every day or 2). Never anything very exciting apart from the 1 day we got profita rolls.

Drinks: like other people have said. 1 beer, no choice. Red white or vinegar, I mean rose wine. Local spirits which were like drinking dog wee (vodka was ok). Everything was served in Pepsi cups which to me was dangerous as there were a lot of families and it would be very easy to mistake a vodka and coke with a child's coke - there was nothing to differentiate.

Entertainment: childs disco at 8pm in the arena plaza which did the same songs every night. The kids love it.
The adult entertainment was rubbish. All mimed if it was a song night, it was very bias if it was a quiz or compedition night. The entertainment team have their favourites and the same 1 or 2 couples "won" and got "bonus points" at all 3 shows we saw. If you don't want to be at the main arena there was NO entertainment. There is a lovely little bar I the main hotel but no entertainment other than a singer on a Wednesday. This was really disappointing as we and so many others didn't want to be with the chavs and their 50 kids getting smashed and just wanted some nice easy entertainment. There was nothing. If you don't have kids, don't go.

Location: you are closed off from everything and it's between 12€ and €17 to the next bay (due to a landslide the taxi has to go 3-4 miles in the wrong direction to double back on the freeway and then go 3 miles past - around 9 miles to go 2 miles!

Pool area: water park is good. Salty but still lovely. The main pool at the hotel is also great and no fighting for sunbeds. No inflatables though even though there were only about 4-5 people in a really big pool space. This spoiled it a bit and I felt they should allow inflatables unless the pool got too busy or it became unsafe.

All inclusive times: you can use 3 places. Pool bar from 1030-6 for drinks. Food offering of snacks was burger, pizza (margarita has ham on It!) Or sandwich. They did put fruit out and a few left over slices of cake later in the day.
Water park snack bar. Same good offering but only from 12-6 And the lady running it needs a personality transplant. No customer servi've and gutted and shouted at me that "vegetarian pizza is with jambon" when I queried and said "sorry I asked for margarita, this is Hawaiian."
Piano bar is only open in the evenings.

So. I've done a fair bit of moaning as I felt this hotel didn't warrant the sensational reviews it has received and 4 star rating. I have stayed in a lot of 4star hotels and have been all inclusive all over too and this was disappointing in a lot of areas relating to the all inclusive portion. With regards to hotel standards and the non inclusive options, it was great. We did have a lovely time here but wouldn't go back and in hindsite would look to stay in another location in future.

Dear kerrymur,

Thank you very much for taking time to pointing out of your stay regarding your experience at the Paradise Costa Taurito.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that the lovely water park, the pool and the spacious rooms were up to your expectations. However, we are sorry to learn that some aspects of your stay were not as satisfactory as we would have liked them to be.

We appreciate your suggestions and point of view as they may help us to recognize certain areas where there may be room for improvement.

Despite these matters, we hope that you will choose to spend your holidays at the Paradise Costa Taurito or one of our other Paradise Hotels again.