We stayed here for 5 nights in February and would have loved to have stayed longer. We arrived around 10am and were checked in early with no fuss at all -more than can be said for some much more expensive hotels. We'd booked a family room with bunk beds for our two kids but were given option of that or another type with beds next to each other -we went for the latter which was effectively a 2-room suite with a big sofa bed in the second room -ideal for our little ones, but bigger kids would be better off with the bunk bed. For us what we had was great, with a bonus of two bathrooms and balconies. The rooms were modern and nicely decorated and perfectly comfortable if not super-luxurious; bathrooms small (one person at a time) but fine. The 3 pools and gardens were lovely, with steps down to the very pretty sandy beach. As others have pointed out, the sun loungers are not very comfortable but I don't see this as a huge problem. Breakfast wasn't up to say Hilton/Hyatt standard but good enough in selection and quality, and there are options along the beach if you want a change. We had a special Valentine's Day dinner on the beach at the hotel but generally went into Fisherman's Village, which is a longish walk (beach or road) or short but quite expensive taxi ride away -this was really the only downside of the hotel. The hotel does do food in the evenings though and there are other restaurants nearby along the road. Bophut is a nice fairly quiet resort. Overall this hotel is a great place to stay, and the staff are very friendly (though generally with limited English).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, ACCOR and HotelTravel.com so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui