“Beautiful food and a warm welcome!”
Review of 2 Fishes Samui

2 Fishes Samui
Ranked #7 of 667 Restaurants in Bophut
Price range: US$9 - US$37
Description: Fine Italian Cuisine in the heart of Koh Samui's popular Fisherman's Village!
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Greeted by the friendly and professional Paolo we entered the warm and welcoming restaurant 2 fishes! A clean and tidy place with open kitchen and professional staff. The food was amazing! We tried several dishes and was more than pleased with everything, specialy the carbonara with a quite unique personal touch! Thank you for an amazing evening and for beautiful food! Highly recommended!

1  Thank JBuchwald

Reviewed January 6, 2018

This is a very welcome addition to Fisherman's Village on Koh Samui as it is probably now the best restaurant int he area. The owners are very welcoming, and take time to explain the menu and what the dishes are. The food itself is awesome. We had the chicken and halibut on our first visit and pasta on our second visit. It is very good food and, although a little pricier than others, is well worth it. I recommend going to walking street on a Friday night and ending up here, book in advance it does get busy.

1  Thank FatGingerNeville
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

I found 2 Fishes months ago while I was actually walking to another restaurant in fisherman’s village and told myself to give it a try. Little did i know that it will become my favourite/regular place for dinner. I come here as often as i can and at one point their food pictures are all over my phones and social media...well, i like taking photo of the food i eat :)

I love that they have an open kitchen where you can see Leandro and his team cooking passionately, see how they plating the food, gently cracking the half-boiled egg and put on the carbonara, and hear gong-gong sound of his spatula/tongs hit with the pan after he plated his pasta..haha. Staffs are friendly and always smile..this is very important. Also, seeing another customers enjoying the food, saying goodbye and thank you to the chefs is just so heart-warming. And there’s Paolo, who is always recommend and explain each dishes tirelessly, very attentive, remember what me and my friends like and always make sure we are comfortable and enjoying our meal.

The food is the best, starters, main, dessert, every dishes are done perfectly, very consistent and with generous portion. My friend asked me what is my favourite dish, and i couldn’t give her a specific one because i like all of them. Pastas are homemade and all the ingredients are fresh. To highlight, the cutie little gnocchi is so yummy with gorgonzola cheese, walnut and sliced pear. Carbonara, you’ll get to mix the egg yolk with cheese, sauce and panchetta yourself..which is fun and of course very delicious. There’re bolonese and duck ragu that i cannot pick one over another. I normally dont like chicken, but their roasted chicken is very juicy and soft and tender, serve with corn and cos salad and the dressing is sooooo goood. The slow cooked beef brisket, sounds nice right?, and it tastes even better with the caramelized onion and rocket. There was another beef dish that i like, unfortunately they didnt put it on this new menu..sigh

And the dessert, there were few time that i went there just for dessert. The special dessert (that is not on the menu) is soo goooooood. Almond and orange cake with cheesecake cream (seriously “cream”) on top, with raspberry sauce and orange and pomelo salad. I dont know how they come up with all this but it is really a good mix. One time i went during christmas, and they plated it in a christmas tree shape..so cute :) this showed how the people are happy with what they are doing ..and of course my tummy is also happy.

Their tiramisu is the star here. It is the best i ever had in my life. Not a normal square layered tiramisu, but well presented with soaked ladyfingers at the bottom, two scoops of creamy yet light mascapone and cocoa powder on top. At the end of every meal, all i think of is when can i come here again and have more of this mind-blowing tiramisu :))

Cheers to the number one spot!! and look forward to more and more meals here!!

1  Thank beamingbeam
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We are in Samui for 5 weeks and last visit was 2 months and seriously regret never coming into this restaurant last visit, no idea why we didn’t as I remember seeing it!!!

Problem is we are creatures of habit and unfortunately this means we miss out on discovering new restaurants.

This has been our favourite meal this trip so far and we will firmly return once a week for the next 4 weeks of our trip.

The owner was very friendly and we noticed he personally took the time to greet and talk to all customers the waiting staff also very attentive and the food was amazing.

My husband and I tend to avoid Italian restaurants as we have never really been impressed but this restaurant has converted us.

I had the rocket Parmesan salad to start and hubby had he caprese salad both were delicious they also had a fish special of red mullet which we didn’t choose but seeing it come out on the table next to us we deffo will try it another time if on the special again.

For my main I had gnocchi with Gorgonzola cream sauce it was soooo good I will deffo have another one before leaving the Island.

As I said didn’t realise when we asked for the table it was No.1 else would have booked but luckily for us they had 1 walk in table available.

That reminds me I need to book for this week!!

Can’t wait!

1  Thank ladykb27
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We went in on a friday evening and of course we had reserved the night before, this place is always packed.
Everything was great, from the service, to the super pleasant and attentioned owner that tends to every customer to the food to the excellent desserts. Definitely deserves the number 1 spot on TA.

Well done dear sir, we would come back if this wasn’t our last night!

1  Thank Toubia F