“Great food, really nice welcome”
Review of 2 Fishes Samui

2 Fishes Samui
Ranked #5 of 527 Restaurants in Bophut
Price range: US$9 - US$37
Description: Fine Italian Cuisine in the heart of Koh Samui's popular Fisherman's Village!
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with my wife in this informal Italian . We had a very warm welcome and some fabulous food. We had a long chat with the chef at the end. He has a great resume and a real passion for food - going every day to the market to chose the fresh fish and sourcing only the best ingredients. We had grilled calamari to start, both had one of the 2 fish of the day - red snapper , which was butterflied and all the bones removed and tiramisu to end. Without doubt the best food we have eaten on Samui. The restaurant is relatively new but starting to build a very strong reputation so it’s probably worth booking in advance. It’s located on the main high street at fisherman’s village so very easy to access although has a modest exterior so we nearly walked past it. If you like fine Italian food you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Beautiful flavors, honest kitchen where you can trust the chef. An Italian surprise in the middle of Thai kitchens. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Greeted by the friendly and professional Paolo we entered the warm and welcoming restaurant 2 fishes! A clean and tidy place with open kitchen and professional staff. The food was amazing! We tried several dishes and was more than pleased with everything, specialy the carbonara with a quite unique personal touch! Thank you for an amazing evening and for beautiful food! Highly recommended!

1  Thank JBuchwald
Reviewed January 6, 2018

This is a very welcome addition to Fisherman's Village on Koh Samui as it is probably now the best restaurant int he area. The owners are very welcoming, and take time to explain the menu and what the dishes are. The food itself is awesome. We had the chicken and halibut on our first visit and pasta on our second visit. It is very good food and, although a little pricier than others, is well worth it. I recommend going to walking street on a Friday night and ending up here, book in advance it does get busy.

1  Thank FatGingerNeville
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

I found 2 Fishes months ago while I was actually walking to another restaurant in fisherman’s village and told myself to give it a try. Little did i know that it will become my favourite/regular place for dinner. I come here as often as i can and at one point their food pictures are all over my phones and social media...well, i like taking photo of the food i eat :)

I love that they have an open kitchen where you can see Leandro and his team cooking passionately, see how they plating the food, gently cracking the half-boiled egg and put on the carbonara, and hear gong-gong sound of his spatula/tongs hit with the pan after he plated his pasta..haha. Staffs are friendly and always smile..this is very important. Also, seeing another customers enjoying the food, saying goodbye and thank you to the chefs is just so heart-warming. And there’s Paolo, who is always recommend and explain each dishes tirelessly, very attentive, remember what me and my friends like and always make sure we are comfortable and enjoying our meal.

The food is the best, starters, main, dessert, every dishes are done perfectly, very consistent and with generous portion. My friend asked me what is my favourite dish, and i couldn’t give her a specific one because i like all of them. Pastas are homemade and all the ingredients are fresh. To highlight, the cutie little gnocchi is so yummy with gorgonzola cheese, walnut and sliced pear. Carbonara, you’ll get to mix the egg yolk with cheese, sauce and panchetta yourself..which is fun and of course very delicious. There’re bolonese and duck ragu that i cannot pick one over another. I normally dont like chicken, but their roasted chicken is very juicy and soft and tender, serve with corn and cos salad and the dressing is sooooo goood. The slow cooked beef brisket, sounds nice right?, and it tastes even better with the caramelized onion and rocket. There was another beef dish that i like, unfortunately they didnt put it on this new menu..sigh

And the dessert, there were few time that i went there just for dessert. The special dessert (that is not on the menu) is soo goooooood. Almond and orange cake with cheesecake cream (seriously “cream”) on top, with raspberry sauce and orange and pomelo salad. I dont know how they come up with all this but it is really a good mix. One time i went during christmas, and they plated it in a christmas tree shape..so cute :) this showed how the people are happy with what they are doing ..and of course my tummy is also happy.

Their tiramisu is the star here. It is the best i ever had in my life. Not a normal square layered tiramisu, but well presented with soaked ladyfingers at the bottom, two scoops of creamy yet light mascapone and cocoa powder on top. At the end of every meal, all i think of is when can i come here again and have more of this mind-blowing tiramisu :))

Cheers to the number one spot!! and look forward to more and more meals here!!

1  Thank beamingbeam