“Highly recommend”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I have to Agree with recent comments about this restaurant, the food was amazing! We had read that you must book, and did so and were slightly concerned when we saw the restaurant itself but wow it was so good! And the mangosteens as we were leaving, added to the fabulousness!
Highly recommend

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I ate late at the Hut on a Friday night when the Bophut street market was on and there was tonnes of ambience and the place was full. It is an authentic Thai family run restaurant with no frills and it is a breath of fresh air in Bophut. I ordered the Duck curry and it was absolutely delicious and cheap compared to the rest of Koh Samui restaurants.

As the food was so good and great value I went back a second night. However, despite the fact the restaurant was empty the owner refused me as I was dinning on my own and he wanted to give the table to two people. This was a very disappointing
experience.

I still recommend this restaurant. If you are a solo traveler I suggest booking for two and just turning up.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Have been going to the hut for over 6 years.so that speaks for itself.Don't let the look of the place put you off as it is actually a Hut.Whole sea bass Thai style ,mixed vegetables,Papaya salad and steamed rice.just amazing.Wine and beer great value.do yourself a favour and go.brad & Lisa.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

In search of an authentic eating experience we found this place on this website. Our Hotel receptionist booked it for us. We had a lovely table cooled by a fan directly overhead. We ordered ‘Thai spicy papaya salad with prawns ( very generous 6 king prawns 99 Baht) prawn Tempura, red curry prawn and whole sea bass which was butterflies and served with oodles of sublime fried garlic, pepper and crispy fried chillies. So good. The service was efficient but indifferent. I think they were quite shocked by our large tip!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is my second visit to the Hut - it doesn't have a view like the restaurants on the beach in Bo Phut but is has far superior food and service.The food is tasty and not made to cater for tourists which a lot of Bo Phut restaurants do. The flavours are great, portion sizes large and it is amazing value for money with good service also. Will definitely be back