Most relaxing Hotel we stayed at during our entire Thailand trip, will definitely be back.
Service is outstanding and staff are extremely friendly and caring (didn't want us to hire scooters as its dangerous)
Upon arriving at the airport we were promptly picked up by the hotel's driver (This needs to be arranged) Once at the hotel a cool cloth and welcome drinks were given to us while we checked in and they transferred our luggage to our room.
The room (Deluxe Terrace Room) was a big size with a HUGE bath big enough for two. :) Our bed was decorated with a towel folded into an animal (pretty amazing - everyday after house keeping a new folded towel animal would be on our bed, with flowers) We had a ground floor room which meant we had a larger "private" terrace with 2 sun chairs.
The Hotel facilities are great, specially the pool. Complimentary sun cream/towels are available for guests.A bar in the pool. Beach sand is a bit course to walk on so keep a pair of flip flops at hand.
A massage "booth" with lovely Thai-ladies is right next to the hotel on the beach. experiencing a Thai-massage for the 1st time can be a little funny. (I have never heard my body click so much in my life) Very often there are people selling random items. This can get annoying after a while.
We relaxed at one of the restaurants our first evening, they have "jenga" games (we ended up buying one in town to take home) to play while enjoying a drink and setting into holiday mode completely. (also had swing chairs - adds a bit of fun)
Fire lights are lit at night adds to specialness of the hotel, Very relaxing.
Breakfast is great, with a variety of pretty much everything. Got to love the fresh fruit.
Fisherman's Island is literally walking distance via the beach. Hotel is in the perfect location.
A scooter hire place is directly opposite the hotel if you feel like exploring the island (well worth a drive around, just keep tabs of the weather as rain has a tenancy to fly in and down pour suddenly, but it doesn't last long and then its sun shine again.)
My Boyfriend ended up proposing to me in the hotel. In a private dinner in the Spa zen garden. This is easily arrange with the staff at the hotel. We also had a waiter to ourselves and let off a sky lantern after dinner to then return to a room that had been covered in flower's petals and a full bubble bath waiting for us. They really made is special. The next day written in tiny flowers was a "happy wedding anniversary" really amazing. oh and a slice of chocolate cake with sugar flowers - yum.
Hotel staff all congratulated us at breakfast the next day too, as I said GREAT STAFF.
Our stay was way too short, was sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui