1,659 results
All reviews view restaurant sanctuary pool family pool villa our honeymoon grand deluxe room kids club thai restaurant private beach koh samui main pool pool bar happy hour bbq on the beach fire show turn down service shuttle bus outdoor bath
Reviewed July 3, 2018

We stayed 5 nights at the Melati resort and spa, Our initial greeting at the lobby was a little lacking in professionalism and the staff did not seemed overly friendly but we did get a welcome drink and a brief run down on the resort. We were taken to our room a Grand Deluxe which unfortunately didn’t quite look as nice as the internet image, the room was large but there was a lot of wasted space, the floors in the ensuite area can get quite slippery. The room was a lot darker than the internet image but the bed was comfortable and the A/C worked well. There is a outside balcony for the smokers out there. Each night a turn down service was given sometimes with a little treat. We were quite a walk away from the View restaurant down at the beach, so be prepared to walk quite a bit at this resort.
The pool area and the View restaurant staff were excellent, a special mention to Baw and Best, they were always smiling and remembered your name and greeted you nicely every day. The breakfast was excellent with a large variety of foods and juices, including fresh smoothies every day. There are also some very nice pastries and fresh crepes. Dinners at the restaurant were also very nice with friendly service and excellent food. The pool area and poolside bar really make this place. The beach although nice can be a trap as the water hides some pretty sharp rocks and a few people got cuts off them while we were there. The best swimming is along the beach to the left of the resort. The rocks clear up and it seems quite safe. The beach is isolated and quite private.
One more problem is the isolation of the resort and the 100 baht per person per way shuttle bus, this runs a very small timetable and I think it should be complimentary, we had to make quite a few trips to a tailor and the shuttle then becomes quite expensive. Check out was fast and effortless, the resort organized a transfer to the airport.
Overall we had an enjoyable stay, the beach staff and the beach side pool make this resort.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2018

My husband, son and I have recently returned from a 10 night stay at the Melati Beach Resort and Spa. On arrival, we were warmly welcomed and offered moist fragrant towels, a refreshing cool drink and a flower bracelet for me! The check in process took a little time, with the Hotel requiring a refundable deposit of 20,000 Thai Bhat for the two rooms.

Our son stayed in a Grand Deluxe Room and we chose a Private Garden Pool Room. Both levels of accommodation were light, spacious and immaculately furnished. The modern decor blended beautifully with the lush green surroundings and the sounds of nature outdoors. The in room amenities, cleanliness and housekeeping was of a high standard. Our pool was filtered and a very kind gentleman who was always smiling attended it daily to clear out any fallen leaves or blossom from the surrounding foliage. Thank you. We appreciated the quietness and privacy of our room and the outdoor space.

It was a sheer delight to walk through the gardens! They are well stocked with trees, including tall palms, shrubs and coloured blossom. We saw fish in the rock pools, frogs, several species of butterflies and on a couple of occasions, came upon a monitor lizard. Hearing the melodious sounds of the birdsong and the indigenous species was most enjoyable. There is also a small organic garden. It is very obvious that the gardeners take great care and pride in nurturing such a beautiful landscape.

The infinity pool as it appears to merge with the ocean and with the view of Koh Phangon beyond, is nothing short of spectacular. The pool is a very good size and depth for swimming. The quiet location, colour and design of the Santuary pool (for adults only), which is framed by trees and lush vegetation is a place of tranquility. We used the gym facilities regularly. It was well equipped and cool inside. I attended a "basic yoga" session at the yoga pavilion. The yoga therapist delivered a good workout, with the emphasis on "try to"! I am a late starter to yoga and so some of the postures were a little to advanced for me, but nevertheless, I enjoyed the session. I would have liked to have attended more, but a middle ear infection prevented me from doing so.

We liked The View restaurant and its closeness to the beach. Breakfasts were very enjoyable and on the occasional times we had dinner, the menu choices and the quality of the food and service was very good.

The Melati was a very good choice for a peaceful and relaxing holiday and what made it perfect, was the staff we came into contact with! All were approachable and friendly. However, I would like to give special mention to those who went that extra mile for us! Firstly, Keng for her effortless smiles, willingness to engage, understand and devote her energies to providing a very high standard of customer care. I was extremely touched to receive a lovely floral arrangement on my return from The Samui International Hospital.

I very much enjoyed my daily chats with Peach. His gentle, warm and sincere approach led to many interesting conversations and information sharing about local culture. One of the highlights of our holiday was the morning bicycle tour he took us on. It was really enjoyable. Prior to setting off, we were given helmets and a bottle of water. He took us to the nearby Wat Plai Laem. During our visit to this beautiful and inspiring complex, Peach went to great lengths to answer our questions, explain many significant aspects and the etiquette required to do with the Buddist faith. He even arranged for us to have a blessing, which was a vey surreal and spiritual moment. After this, we were taken to a local market where there was an abundance of fruit, vegetables, spices, meat and fish. So good to see. On return to the hotel we relaxed in the shade of the gardens. This whole experience is one that we shall never forget and it will remain in our hearts forever. Thank you Peach for being so graceful and caring and for making our daily chats and tour so rewarding.

Last but not least, were the exceptionally hard working Tor, Best and Baw at the Pool Bar. These very exceptional individuals go out of their way to do absolutely everything possible to make one feel a big part of the family. They can't do enough, always smiling and showing interest. I particularly had a soft spot for Tor with his gentle and non-intrusive approach. I loved the chocolate milkshakes! I also enjoyed chatting with Alexis, the Executive Chef and in particular greatly appreciated his hot oinion poultice for my ear infection.

I have no doubt that we shall return in the non too distant future. Our very best wishes to all the Melati staff.

Sue, Jon and Jonathan.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SueMeigh
Denis M, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear SueMeigh ,

Greetings from sunny Koh Samui!!

It was a pleasure having your company and we are indeed very happy to see that you have had such a fantastic experience in our property!

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent experience in our property and rest assure that I will share your valuable comments throughout the entire property team!

We are already looking forward to welcome you soon back to the Melati Beach Resort & Spa!

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I know the Melati has nearly always 4-5 star reviews which is why myself and my wife decided to book 10nights for our honeymoon but need to give an honest review because i swear by tripadvisor myself so hopfully review will help other couples aswel.Il start with airport pickup which was 100% and lovely driver picked us up in jeep and gave us water and only 15mins to hotel.Greeted at reception by June who was lovely but sum of the other women behind desk not nice at all and then looking for deposit(eventually accepted passport) and wanting booking details emailed to them even though they should have all that on their system and we just wanted to get to room and relax not spend 15-20mins at reception.Brought to room then by June who again was very nice and gave us information and nice big room but having outdoor bath not best idea with all the mosquitos around hotel so didnt make use of it.Decided 1st night we wud go to restaurant down at pool which has amazing views and asked for table for 2 and asked us had we table booked and got told it was buffet night so could not slot us in and we where both really angry that this was not told to us at reception so we went into town and continued to do for the remaining 10nights.Hotel is really isoated from everywhere else and seen 1 or 2 reviews saying short walk to shop which i cudnt believe when i seen how far away it was and we are both very active and enjoy walking places and taxi run into town is at least 20-25min journey but well worth heading into Chaweng.Found 3 lizards(small enuf)in room over our stay which didnt bother me but wife didnt like at all but never complained.On the 3rd day i seen a big enuf mouse in room and got wife to ring reception while i kept an eye on it in bathroom and 5mins later worker landed and captured it but we expected a phonecall back from reception but 15mins no call and no1 called to room so rang myself and informed them wife hates mice and would not be able to sleep in room but told us hotel fully booked out and cudnt get room till day after so we asked could room be cleaned and they told us room would get a deep clean,cleaner landed he changed bed sheets and towels nothing else didnt even clean floors which was a disgrace.Given free dinner for 2 on arrival for the kan-tok(thai) restaurant in hotel which we decided to use on 6th night and very limited menu with this its 2 choices and 5-6 different foods on a dish.Young lad who gave us our drinks was so friendly and then we both think restaurant manager(Woman in black jumpsuit seemed to wear it everynight) served our food we both said thank you but nothing in reply and same at end when she lifted our plates most ignorant woman we had both met.Flys around our food all the time we ate,fish fingers black inside and very disappointed food was that bad we both went into town and ate a big dinner in Islander Bar (excellent every night)Hotel pool is amazing and cannot speak highly enuf of staff down there including Baw,Best,Tuk,Tor,Peach and Pui cocktails wer unreal(Women at till down pool bar area never nice to us.Good activities aswel during day but for young couples its just too far away from everything and very boring unless like us get taxi everynight but if your looking for a relaxing break it would work perfectly.Lastly before checkout we where left questionaire in room about our stay and we gave honest ratings and after we checked out and spent 2-3hours in lobby before taxi came not 1 of reception workers who passed us on numerous occasions in lobby pool/library area said hello or acknowledged us at all which was so ignorant and disgrace to the hotel.Would never return or recommend this resort stayed in Amari in Phuket(10ngts)before we went to Melati and it was amazing and gave it 5stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Stayed 6 wonderful days. The front entrance gives no real hint of the beauty beyond. Our garden room was a bit of a walk to the main restaurant and beach but a beautiful setting made up for it.The beach and view from the restaurant is beautiful. One negative is the heat retaining vinyl sun lounges on the beach - very hot seats ! Could not fault the staff who were just really friendly and helpful. The Thai restaurant is in a lovely setting and the food is great.

Room Tip: In this resort you get what you pay for, but check distance to beach as some are quite far although they do offer a buggy service.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Car0linein0z

Dear Car0linein0z,

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This is my third time staying here and third review for this place. Yes I have nothing but more praises. Everyone was so friendly and some staff do remember us and the fact they gave us the same villa where we used to stay previously makes everything feels like home
Especially Noni who went out of his way to the sister hotel at chaweng when I was in distress over losing my phone (my careless mistake of dropping it inside the taxi!!) and he was already off duty (imagine my guilty feeling seeing him in plain clothes coming all way to help sort things out!)
There are good people still and words spread and my phone was located and returned to me!! Of course the whole incident feels dramatic and traumatic, and Noni made sure the following days I get chauffeured around in the hotel car by his own staff yet I only need to pay local cab fare. I was even allowed for late check out because I had late evening flight.
There may be many Luxury Resorts like W or Four Seasons but if those place feels heavy on the pocket, come here, stay at Melati, you will taste luxury but at affordable price tag :)
I know I will definitely be back here again soon!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple