We stayed at the hotel from 14/11/07 to 28/11/07
Having read all of the positive reviews about this hotel prior to booking our expectations were very high and now having stayed there I can confirm that all of the reviews were justified.
The transfer from the airport only takes 10 minutes but you hear nothing of the airport the other side of the hills.
The rooms and facilities are exactly as pictured in the travel brochure, they just dont show the pleasant cooling wind that blows most of the time.
The rooms were kept very clean as was the whole site.
The food was varied and with a wide choice at breakfast, lunch and evening meal it is very difficult not to put on weight.
We enjoyed cocktails from the bar to start and finsh off an evening.
We stayed in a Seagrape suite on the beach front, and the covered seating area looking out to the beach was pleasant and useful on the 2 rainy days we had.
We can recommend this hotel without reservations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise re-imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance, each of these one bedroom suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like flat screen televisions, Italian Frette™ linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and en suite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities. It is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse