1,244 results
All reviews eco dive dress code steel band virgin rep a la carte menu pool restaurant melon main restaurant little repetitive virgin holidays buffet style plenty of sunbeds gardens are beautiful great holiday swim up bar all inclusive package st lucia
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying at this lovely hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, you just need to ask.
We have a lovely room 135 which is central to the beach restaurant and reception, just like I requested. Lovely view of the gardens and in the near distance the sea.
Food is good, always hot and a fair choice every day.
Beach is lovely, golden white sand and crystal clear calm water.
Hotel grounds are kept immaculate by a dedicated team of gardners, all of which are always friendly.
Housekeeping team are efficient and happy to supply extra towels, blankets etc, you just need to ask.
I'm sad I've only got 1 more week left.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank 791worried
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We spent 7 nights at Coyaba Resort & had one of the most amazing times. If i were to ever go to Grenada again Coyaba is where we will be staying. All the staff are great...Richard at beach, Delores & Jamaal at check in, the bar staff...everyone always is happy to help you. We have been to other carribean countries too but never have we seen such level of service.
Our room was great...had tons of hot water, A/C worked great, always got cleaned & had fresh towels daily. With chocolates & flowers evernight on the bed.
Food - was good, I am a fussy vegetarian but always found something to eat & at times i did get bored eating at resort, so we just went outside to eat locally.
90% of people staying at resort were older folks but that did not stop us from having fun. Since we travelled with a 5 yr old entertainment was not our priority...we were looking for peace & tranquility.

Date of stay: October 2018
5  Thank JesalK2
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely 11 days here. The gardens and grounds are very well maintained. The beach is great and even though it's a public beach it wasn't swamped with many locals. The staff are so nice and if you are polite and friendly you get the same service back. The food was fine and if you were prepared to try something different each night then there was enough to choose from. We liked the pool restarant as it was mainly a la carte. We especially like the lunch menu. Donald, Nisha & Geron to name but a few were brilliant bar staff. The rooms could do with a little updating but I believe this is being done slowly.
Unfortunately I slipped on the steps when it had been raining, coming down from the restaurant by the pool half way through our trip. Not the hotels fault just my dodgy flip flops! The hotel staff were amazing, organising and paying for a taxi to take me & my husband to the hospital, and then subsequently provide a wheelchair for me to use as I severely sprained my ankle. Everyone of the staff from management to gardeners asked after my welfare all throughtout the day, and were all so kind to me and I felt like a VIP! For the first time ever we are thinging of going back to a holiday destination: one because we didn't get to do what we wanted to because of me being injured and two Coyaba Beach resort is fabulous & friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank WindyMiller09
Reviewed October 3, 2018

This is my third visit to Coyaba Beach Resort and unfortunately I found the experience not as good as previous visits. Last year I enthused over the welcome at the airport, I obviously missed the miserable staff who were present this year! At Coyaba, no welcome drink or acknowledgement that I was a returning guest. The grounds and beach are as wonderful as ever however attention to detail has definitely slipped. The restaurant menus are the same as last year and whereas I enjoyed the shrimp (prawns) with timerand sauce and happily paid a supplement, this year the deliciously gigantic prawns where replaced with what I can only decribe as cheap supermarket king prawns. Had an electical fault in the lighting in the bathroom which was rectified during the morning but no message was left that the lights were safe to operate. The pool bar was often left unattended and when manned the staff provided poor service - why are they forever filling out forms and other paperwork or chatting to work friends to the detriment of serving the customers? Despite this criticism, on the whole the staff were tremendously friendly and helpful. The cocktail party was awful, with only 2 members of senior staff available to circulate and despite their experience did not communicate very well. I would agree with dmurph01 and hope that this malaise and complacency is not a downward trend despite the fact that the hotel is eager to consolidate the new custom offered by Canada Air.
At this point a return visit is not being considered.

Room tip: Don't pay extra for Sea View Rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Michael P
Reviewed October 1, 2018

This vacation, with respect to genuine friendliness of both the hotel staff and guests, and the local residents was one of the best if not the best I have had in recent travels. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. All the staff was very friendly and polite.
The staff in general, was very helpful and accommodating. I don’t want to leave the impression that everything went like clockwork. Far from it .Nothing is perfect. However the mgmt. and staff did their best to ensure that all the guests were treated with respect and courtesy, and all their needs were met , within reason , of course. From the reception desk, to the gardener, to the security staff, all had a welcoming smile and were always friendly and helpful.
The room was not fancy, just basic amenities. No whirlpools and hot tubs just a bathroom ensuite with a shower. However the room was comfortable, welcoming and very clean, with no musty odors. The resort's facilities are more than one need in this relaxing atmosphere. The room was cleaned twice daily and has a fridge and hot water pitcher for room snacks and coffee. However, I must give the design of the shower stall a failing grade. There is no door or floor barrier to keep the water in the stall. Although the plumbing works fine, the drainage system is inadequate and at times the water backs up easily runs out into the rest of the bathroom. The solution: Place floor mats at the shower entrance to contain the water. It is a hassle at the beginning, but once you get the hang of adjusting the waster pressure so that it does not spray against the back wall, the rest is elementary. All rooms have a very efficient A/C unit and an overhead fan which is also very effective. The A/C compressors are located away from the building, so that mechanical A/C noise is practically non existent.There is also a porch with a big screened door if you choose to have the breeze . Fogging to control mosquotoes and other pests is done twice a week
The early morning the sounds of nature, especially the whistles from the various species of birds , is so comforting. As a city resident, the absensce of sirens blearing was truly refreshing .
The wonderfully maintained garden gives one the feeling of peace and tranquility until it ends at the picket fence of the property. The fence separates it from one of the most beautiful beach of the island. The entire beach is public and one is free to walk from one end to the other, all 2.5 to 3.0 miles. The beach is groomed daily and there are security guards stationed at the gateways who also assisted with setup of the beach chairs..As mentioned before the staff and the local residents are extremely friendly and at no time did I feel uncomfortable using the beach with the residents. You just had a super safe feeling.. The sea water is relatively calm, safe and so crystal clear that you can see little fish swimming around without the use of snorkeling equipment. On weekends, the locals enjoy this beach with family and friends and maybe a game of beach football or frisbee throwing. .
The property is in a very convenient location, the entrance being just across the street from a small mall that includes a grocery store, and close to several off resort restaurants and roadside BBQs., which is great for those non-inclusive individuals

Food.
I cannot speak for every one , but in my opinion, the food was quite tasty and fresh. Breakfast was quite good with plenty choices of hot food and a cereal/fresh fruit station, although the fruit juices seemed to be watered down. You can get your eggs anyway you want done by the chef . Starts to get a little repetitive after a few days but everything I had was fresh and tasty. . Lunchtime buffet in the main restaurant was adequate.
Dinner was a la carte and except for some minor substitutions, the menu was very similar every evening. Chicken, Pork, and Tuna served with a different tasty and spicy sauce each evening. For seafood lovers I would recommend the lobster dinner. All the hard work of removing the meat is done for you. Very Tasty.
The hotel is very eco-conscious. All plastics utensils (cups, straws, cutlery, etc. to be phased out in 2019 in favour of bio –degradable utensils. Good for the environment.
Daylight activities are minimal but you are offered daily use of kayaks, snorkeling gear and hobiecat. There is a charge for the hobie cat lesson but if you know how to sail, you can use it for 1 hr a day at no charge.. You can swim, play tennis, have massages, and just relax and enjoy the beauty around you.
Nightly entertainment is practically non existent , except for a steelband on Saturday night to give some Caribbean flavor.
Overall this is a great place for couples looking to get away and wanting to relax. It’s in a prime location for the beach and access to other destinations on the island like St George’s, waterfalls and Belmont Estates Chocolate plantation..
Great Vacation!!!!!!!

Room tip: Units 232 to 238 offer the best viewsof garden and ocean
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends