We spent just over a week at No1 Hideaway Apartment which is seafront, and our friends rented the other seafront apartment opposite. No1 has a slightly larger balcony, whilst the other has a slightly better view, and slightly bigger kitchen/lounge. Really not too much in it though, and both are really lovely.
First can I say, we have rarely come across two more friendly and helpful hosts who also live on site. Our hosts went out of their way with recommendations, information & advice during our stay, and are a genuinely amazing, and above all, a very guest-centric, attentive couple. They also enforce the house rules quite strictly which, when there are 4 apartments, is actually very important to ensure that ALL residents enjoy their stay The hosts also take great pride in their apartments, and have a programme of continuous improvements with great attention to detail. We particularly appreciated the top class, quality "Sealy" mattresses (THE comfiest bed you will ever have) and the 100% cotton sheets ! Absolute heaven !
Positives (and there are lots of these !!) ;
- short 2 min walk to a small locals beach - or ten minutes to the edge of Grand Anse Beach
- walking distance to supermarket (20- 25 mins mins in either direction)
- cooling ocean breezes
- lovely garden - beautifully kept with many interesting plants
- good wifi
- very well equipped kitchen - short of nothing.
- sooo comfy beds !!
- good aircon in the bedrooms
- Smart TV that facilitates Netflix etc. - if you already subscribe
- thorough housekeeping, at regular intervals
- good security - we felt completely safe at all times
- quiet location; midway between St George & Grand Anse Beach and below the busy main road so no traffic noise.
- lovely community feel to the small complex - plenty of opportunity to socialise if you want to.
A few observations - I don't want to call them criticisms, as I wouldn't want to put anyone off renting this wonderful apartment. These are just some very small points, non of which should detract you from choosing this place to stay ;
- very limited parking (off site) - we managed to find a vacant verge to park our rental vehicle (8 seater small van) directly at the top of the driveway, but its just a pull up grass verge, and by no means guaranteed to be vacant (though we were lucky for 10 days). The property could definitely be enhanced by some rear garden being given up to parking in the future. However, we did observe that there is a car rental yard within a very short distance of the apartments - had we known this beforehand, then it may have been viable to rent from them, and leave the car safely in their yard when not in use ? Just a thought/suggestion for the owners or renters to potentially explore ?
- the laundry is done by the housekeeping service (for a small charge). However, in line with all other self catering places we have stayed, we would prefer to have direct access to the laundry facilities ourselves, to do laundry as and when (especially since my husband was out running everyday). No big deal.
- the property would definitely benefit if the short access to the small beach (though important to note, not forming part of the owners' property) could be regularly cleaned up /improved. Broken tiles etc and uneven rocks does make access particular tricky for the elderly/infirm.
- the drive down to the property can be tricky on foot as there are a few clearly immovable 'rocks' in the middle, and a step, that are a bit of a hazard in the dark ! Plus unfortunately, many of the neighbours allow their dogs to roam freely on the drive making 'deposits' and one of which could act very aggressively as you passed by. Not sure what can be done about this by the owners though ?
- The palm trees in the garden do obstruct the view of the sunset from both the apartments' patios. Maybe as they grow taller eventually this will no longer be an issue - meantime there are plenty of other seats in the garden to view the sun going down ! Still, its a shame that this was not taken into consideration when the previous owners planted them !
All things considered however, the above points are all relatively minor, and I would go as far as to say that these apartments have to be pretty difficult to beat for both value and quality on Grenada. I would highly recommend them and you certainly won't find nicer, or better hosts ! Thank you both for a most wonderful stay !