“Anniversary trip ”

Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We've just returned from our anniversary trip to Mt Cinnamon in Grenada and we had a fabulous time! From the moment we arrived the service was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful going out of their way to make us comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a villa higher on the hill that had an amazing view! The villa was clean and lovely. It was quite a hike to get up to each day but completely worth it. If you have knee or back issues of definitely request a lower room. Shauna was incredible and really went above and beyond to help us tailor our trip to fit us. She helped us plan our excursions and arranged an itinerary for us. We took a romantic sunset cruise with First Impressions on a catamaran that was one of the highlights of our trip. We also opted for a private tour of the island with Ashton so that we could see and do just the things that we wanted to do, like tour the rum factory and swim under a waterfall. Ashton is a wonderful person and took great care of us. Grenada is such a beautiful country with warm friendly people. We are glad that we chose it for our first trip to the Caribbean. The first week of October is the rainy off season so we were worried that we wouldn't get to do much, but it was really a beautiful time to visit. It didn't rain very much until the last couple days so most of the time we had the beach and resort pretty much to ourselves. There was pool with waterfall and bar that were nice but we didn't spend much time there because the beach was so close and beautiful! We did end up coming up early from the beach one day just in time to avoid a quick but heavy rain. The bar doesn't open until the evening but they were nice enough to open it for us so we could enjoy their rum punch while waiting for the rain to pass. Their rum punch is fantastic by the way. I could not believe that everything we ordered their was delicious! We didn't do the all inclusive but did the breakfast only. The breakfast each day was wonderful. They had a different kind of fresh juice every day along with pastries, fresh fruit, coffee or tea, and a nice selection of hot breakfast items. The beach cabana and the dinner items are pricey but delicious and the service was impeccable. We only had one issue the whole trip when we ordered room Service and were told 30 min but when I called an hour later we were told it was just going into the oven. When it arrived the order was wrong. But that pales in comparison to the overall experience of staying there. Also a tip for travelers, they have a washer and dryer in the villa but you will need your own laundry soap. The store is a short walk down the road. We had a truly wonderful experience and would definitely recommend and stay at Mt Cinnamon again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Thank you for your positive comments and of course for your recommendation.

You certainly made an effort to get out and see what an amazing Island Grenada is and of course experience the friendly people.

It was also great to know you enjoyed all aspects of the resort including the villas , staff, facilities and food. ( my apologies for the pizza order- )

Happy anniversary once again and we trust you have the opportunity to return one day soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

My husband and I went to Grenada mid September 2016 the weather was glorious, warm and balmy. We were pickup at the airport by taxi booked though Mount Cinnamon. On arrival we had a warm welcome from the staff and a rum punch to celebrate. My husband had booked a couples stay which included a couples massage, sunset cruise and a private dinner at the beach. The staff were well informed of our itinerary and made us feel very welcomed. We stayed in one of Mount Cinnamon's villas which have stunning views over Grand Anse Bay. Our villa had a sitting room, 2 balconies off the sitting room and one off the master bedroom, kitchen which was very well equipped and bathroom on the first floor. Downstairs was the master bedroom and large bathroom. Our villa came with a washer and dryer...perfect for longer trips.

Our stay included breakfast which was yummy! Fresh fruit and juices, a caribbean main option if that took your fancy. All the ingredients were locally sourced. Again the staff were always friendly and interested in what you had planned for the day. They were very helpful if you needed advice about car hire, places to visit etc.

Mount Cinnamon Resort is build on a hill. We stayed towards the top of the hill which you need to be resoniable fit to walk up. You can get a buggy from reception to your villa but don't let that put you off as there are villas lower down the Resort which don't require a hike. To get to the beach you walk to the Resort entrance and cross a run into the gardens. A path guides you to the beach club, massage cabana, games area and beach restaurant once on the beach you can walk along Grand Anse Bay.

Our private dinner was wonderful. Both my husband and I have never done anything like this before. We were asked to speak to the chef to ok his menu which consisted of steak and lobster and many other delights. The menu was designed so that couple share starters, mains and puds...It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Danny Donelan of Savvy Sailing Adventure provided our sunset cruise. He picked us up at 16:15pm and we set sail from the yacht club out to sea where we watched the sunset, it was magical. Danny provided fresh fruit, caribbean treats, rum punch and all we had to do was lie back and enjoy.

At the moment Mount Cinnamon are building more villa's and in the future there maybe plans to expand but I have to say that it didn't impact on us in anyway. The workmen started at 10am and either they were gone before we were back or we didn't hear them.
There is also a dive shop being built by the beach restaurant and while my husband and I had our massage there was quite a bit of noise going on but you can opt to have your massage in the spa. The dive shop shouldn't take too long to construct so I see this as a short term blip.

All I can say is that my husband and I have been to a number of Caribbean Islands and Grenada has left a wonderful impression on us. The people are so friendly and the island is green and lush. Mount Cinnamon Resort have fantastic staff who are knowledgeable and caring to their visitors needs.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 12 it had the most fabulous views. I would recommend it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay.

We always receive such positive comments on the villas in terms of extensive facilities, layout and amazing views. It was great to know you were both so comfortable.

It was also great to know you enjoyed our full breakfast, which is included in all room rates.

I thought your choice of activities was perfect, including both the private beach dinner and a sunset cruise with Danny aboard Savvy's sailing boat. Both very unique experiences and showcasing the Island.

I do thank you for mentioning our team here, who certainly take pride in what they do and are proud to welcome all guets to Mount Cinnamon and Grenada.

We do hope we have the opportunity to host you agian.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

September is the off season but what a great time to visit Grenada and particularly Mount Cinnamon. The rooms have stunning views of Grand Anse and St Georges and are wonderfully decorated with bright local art. The staff are outstanding and always accommodating, even sourcing fins for my wife's small feet from a fiance of the finance manager! The food is not the high spot but always good with a Caribbean twist. The Cabana on the beautiful beach is the best I have found anywhere and there are plenty of wonderful restaurants within an easy beach walk or taxi ride. Mount Cinnamon is absolutely my favorite place to be in the Caribbean.
All water sports are included with paddle boards, canoes and Hobby Cats and a resident dive centre. You can also book a sunset sail on the beautiful sloop SAVVY.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in have stunning views with two bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jowen637
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

The team was thrilled to hear that Mount Cinnamon is your favorite place in the Caribbean.

It was also great to know that you enjoyed our spacious, well equipped villas and the stunning views they all provide.

I agree that off season is a perfect time to visit with low season rates, less people and a fantastic climate.

Thank you very much for posting the review and we hope to see you next September.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

My family and I travelled to Grenada in August 2016. After 26yrs my partner and I decided to get married at Mt Cinnamon Resort.
Nothing was too much trouble for Molly Osendorf who arranged my wedding package exactly how I wanted. I was kept informed at every single stage of the process. On our arrival we were met by Mark, Carlene and the team. Words can not express the hard work this team put into our stay at Mount Cinnamon. Carlene works like a trojan to ensure all her guests are well looked after. You are always greeted with a smile, asked how your day is and if you need anything. Her professionalism and down to earth personality is second to none. Carlene conducted our wedding day with military precision, everyone from the photographer, hairstylists, makeup artist and reception was spot on and on time. Our wedding day was beautiful and I cannot thank Carlene enough. Carlene and her team made our day into a dream we will never forget.

We were all very sad on leaving Mount Cinnamon. The resort is absolutely beautiful and the beach just amazing! This is the first holiday where we all felt relaxed and well looked after. So much so that on our return we had forgotten how to think for ourselves!

Love to all you guys!

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

What a pleasure it was for us to have you, your family and friends choose Mount Cinnamon for such a special and important day. We felt privileged to be a part of that.

Carlene and Molly were thrilled to know that you thought everything was handled with such care and professionalism. That is how they conduct themselves and everything they do. We are very fortunate to have them as part of our team.

We hope to see you again on your first anniversary.

Many thamnks and best wishes,

Reviewed 2 September 2016

It's a beautiful property (gorgeous beach0, and the staff is first rate--competent, eager to please and so, so friendly! They make a point of knowing who you are and will try to accommodate any special requests.
The food is high quality and fresh. My son has a severe food allergy, and they are very on top of it. They keep everything they make for him free from any allergen exposure.
We love it here so much we try to return every year. They are literally watching my son grow up, and they always remember him. We consider the staff our friends.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

The team asked me to tell you that you are part of the family.

Thank you for those comments. It is such a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your next visit.

The kitchen team really appreciated your comments also as they do take particular pride in everything they do and are so pleased that you appreciated this.

Thank you again for choosijg Mount Cinnamon and see you all soon.

Best wishes,.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Returned from Grenada 1 week ago and had the pleasure of staying at Mount Cinnamon Resort in the Nicky Morris villa for 2 nights. The villa was absolutely gorgeous, well equipped with all the mod-cons anyone can possibly need whilst residing there, the view from the balcony is simply a picture postcard day or night. The staff was absolutely amazing, from Mark the manager who makes it his business to greet all his guest personally, to the staff who was very friendly and always went the extra mile to ensure the guests feel welcome & special. Love the intimacy of the resort ...also the beach cabanna, the massage by the beach was so very relaxing and bonfire friday night. This is a resort i will definitely re-visit & recommend to all.... couples & families alike. The only downside is we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

On behalf of the team, thank you very much for your kind words. To say that you would return is the best compliment anyone can pay us . The team was thrilled to hear this.

It was also great to know that you enjoyed our spacious villas with those amazing views, our beach cabana, spa services and of course the hospitality of the entire team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to yoru next trip back to Grenada.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from an amazing holiday in Grenada staying at the beautiful Mount Cinnamon resort. We chose this resort because of its proximity to the beach and access to Dive Grenada and other associated water sports. Never having been to the Caribbean before we did not know what to expect but our stay at Mount Cinnamon exceeded our expectations.

Firstly, we have 3 children and finding a resort that could house all 5 of us in the same villa was fantastic. Our villa, number 5, was halfway up a steep incline and gave us amazing views of the sea. There was a golf buggy on offer to take you up and down the hill if requested but I actually came to enjoy the walk back up and have returned to England much fitter! Swimming every day either in the sea or the hotel pool helped too.

The secluded bay in front of Mount Cinnamon was beautifully clean and everything was set out by attentive staff each morning. There is a place to eat, volleyball, table tennis, croquet, shuffleboard and giant chess for the kids (and of course the beautiful sea for snorkelling) and immediate access to Dive Grenada who I would highly recommend. We did four boat dives during our stay and they were amazing. There is also a spa on the beach for massaged and fresh towels and sunbeds are set out each morning for use at no extra charge. I did notice that some other resorts charged for these add-ons.

Mark and his staff met us on our arrival and were extremely attentive during our whole two week stay. Everyone from the kitchen / waiting staff in the restaurant to all the staff around site were pleasant and helpful. We were staying for bed and breakfast and the food was fantastic. We certainly had plenty to choose from.

We were given a suggested itinerary of things to do during our stay but we were not obliged to stick to any of it. Two activities in particular that were organised by the hotel and that I would recommend were an Island tour with Chris and a boat ride / snorkelling trip on the "Savvy". Other good experiences were the bonfire on the beach (again organised by Mount Cinnamon) fish Friday and the inflatable water park in the sea just a 15 minute walk from the resort.

The only negatives were the mosquitos which can't be helped, particularly at the time of year we chose to go, and the resort provided all natural deterrent in the rooms. I would suggest going prepared, taking something a bit stronger and anthisan cream or some other antihistamine treatment. There was some building work towards the end of our holiday but as we were out during the day and it had stopped by early evening we weren't disturbed by it. As we chose to go during low season it was to be expected I feel and shows that the resort is being updated in some areas which can only be good for the future.

Overall, a fantastic holiday on a beautiful island made even enjoyable by the wonderful people there. Thank you Mark and all your staff. Liz, Mo and family.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank yellowcarlady
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

What a pleasure it was for us to have you and your family spend time at Mount Cinnamon. On behalf of the team, many thanks for your kind feedback and such positive remarks.

It was great to know that you were so comfortable in your villa and enjoyed all the facilities of the resort.

Yes Dive Grenada is a fantastic operator and we are very pleased that Phil, Helen and their team will be operating from the grounds of Mount Cinnamon by early November.

Also great to know that you enjoyed Savvy's sailing adventure so much . I think it is an amazing experience.

Finally, thank you for mentioning the entire team who take pride in all they do and truly want to exceed guests expectations both within the resort and on this beautiful Island of Grenada.

Hope we will see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
Maca Bana
#1 of 9 in St. George's
26.7 km away
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
0.4 km away
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
1.3 km away
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Been to Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!