“Great resort tucked away from hustle and bustle of Phuket! ”

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

A group of us (six people) stayed here back in April 2016 when we arrived to travel around Phuket. We stayed for three nights and then one more night on the way back to Europe. Everything was fabulous.

The resort is tucked away from hustle and bustle of Phuket, which we absolutely loved and would recommend to anyone seeking relaxation. Yes, it is about 30mins taxi ride away from everywhere, but it didn't bother us at all, as we would just hire out a taxi and travel around. Like mentioned before we enjoyed the peace and quiet that the resort's location offers.

The rooms are spacious and are kept very clean. The views from the balcony are spectacular, definitely worth spending a little extra for the views. We enjoyed having a drink on the balcony in the evening before dinner.

The pool was lovely and very much welcoming after all day excursions in heat and humidity, we loved taking a dip in it. In fact there are two pools, bear in mind that the water in the pools is pretty warm actually, as it just gets so hot there and there isn't that much breeze it being a cape, so it's tucked away. It was the case in April anyway, which is just before the rainy season, so the temperatures reach their peak then and it's extremely humid (more so than usually).

The beach is lovely, sadly the sea is not great for swimming. I really loved waking up each morning going for a walk along the beach admiring beautiful sunrises. Absolute must!

The food was great, although we only had breakfast there, there was plenty of choice, local as well as western food options, would definitely recommend getting breakfast there, as it sets you for the day. We we would go out for lunch and dinner, there's a lovely little restaurant right opposite that serves delicious authentic Thai food, we loved it there! There's also coupe of shops there, you can get your drinks and other essentials there, we also use the tour place there, they gave us great rates on all our excursions and taxis worked out a lot cheaper from there.

Their cocktails are to die for, definite must, they also offer a range of fruit shakes which were always lovely and refreshing, watermelon being my firm favourite.

In summary, if you're seeking relaxation away from hustle and bustle of Phuket, then this is the place for you. I would definitely return.

Tip: The resort offers free pick up/drop off from the airport which is about 40mins away, make sure you arrange it before.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank whereisnat
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear whereisnat,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

The whole team is delighted to learn that you had a fantastic stay in our Phuket resort. It's also most encouraging that you enjoyed and experienced great hospitality and comfortable accommodations during your stay with us!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner and we were greeted with a welcome, cool drink and warm smiles. Everyone here is so friendly that we were made to feel at home from the minute we arrived. The hotel looks out onto a sandy beach which is literally 20 seconds walk away. Or you have further comfort around either of their two pools. I'm always armed with good intentions towards hotel gyms - ie I only use them when I'm feeling guilty of large breakfasts, which the Crowne Plaza delivers daily. The menu comprises healthy to continental to English to Asian dishes and a team of chefs are on standby. They do a wonderful poached egg by the way, not as easy as it sounds. We had a relaxing time here, recharging the batteries as well as having days out. I'd advise hiring a car from the airport as it allows you to be more mobile and is much cheaper than relying on daily taxis. As Arnie would say - "I'll be back"!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Paul N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel. We appreciate you mentioned that you satisfy with our staff friendliness. Secondly, we appreciate you mentioning about you enjoy our international breakfast buffet. We were happy we exceeded your expectations and cannot wait to host you in the future. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Visited this property as a walk in guest, with intention to relax at the pool and have some food at their pool bar.
The area is welcoming, staff in front desk showed me around the hotel and informed me about different activities available at the beach. Pool is clean and there is always staff to look after you. You can also rent a canoe or paddle board (200 and 300 THB per hour) so you can visit the nearby islands. The closest island takes no more than 20 minutes trip with the canoe, and it was nice to see the local life of the people who live right next to the beach area. Although the hotel beach is clean and clear, if you swim a bit out the water gets dirty, as Phuket port is right next to the hotel.
The only negative points of this property are:

- Payment for using the pool is 400 THB if you are a walk inn, which is not a good strategy to bring outside guests. Before visiting, I already had in mind spending money on food and drinks at pool area, and I found this extra visit charge excessive. (That is why only 3 points review, if not it would easily be a 4 or 5 point).

- Extra charge for canoe and paddle rent. Some properties offer free use of this equipment, such as the Pullman Phuket Panwa (which also offers free entry for walk in guests) just next to this hotel. If this service was free to use, the guests would spend more time on the property and get physically tired, which would mean spending more money on drinks and snaks in pool bar.

Otherwise, the food is served in generous portions (excellent pizza) and they have some good promotions for their draugh singha beer during happy hour (buy 1 get 1 free). The staff is also very pleasant and can communicate in English.

I hope that in the future the entry fee will be cancelled, as I am now living in Phuket and would love to visit the pool area regularly during week days with a group of friends.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear MaxNoone,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate you mentioning the perfect service you received while at our hotel and we will be sure to pass along the comments to our staff.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Phuket was my last stop on my two week trip to Thailand and before landing, I had been suffering an URI with a fever. This beautiful resort with the amazing ocean front view was therapeutic and offered me an opportunity for convalescence. The beach, although not the best was quiet and just enough for me. What really bought this place over the top for me though, was the incredible staff. I couldn't believe the level of personalization I recieved from this attentive, polite, responsive, professional staff at this hotel. They even knew my name and room number before I could provide it.
DON'T book this hotel if you are looking for a great beach and excitement. DO however consider it if you enjoy a stunning view, relaxation and great service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear JuletB,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review following your recent stay with us.

The whole team is delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay in our resort and you satisfied with your hospitality.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Such a beautiful place to stay. After 4days of being in Patong Beach all I needed was relaxation. Breath taking views when we arrived made me feel at peace instantly. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The staff are amazing and so genuine. The food was amazing and so enjoyable to eat and wasn't expensive.
All you could ever want in one place.
Thank you to all management and staff for making our honeymoon something to treasure and remember always

Dear KatAmundsen,

Thank you very much for your recent staying at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach and for sharing your positive feedback.

We are happy to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments. My team and I are constantly making improvements to our product and services in order to ensure we are consistent with the standard we pride ourselves on.

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach Team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

With best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Sure stay in the hotspots, and do yourself a favour and book a few nights here to unwind relax and have peace. Was totally amazing. So glad we split our holiday this way. Zen like experience. Manager Sun was so welcoming. Thank ypu to all staff.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Warren A,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience with us. I am happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay. I will share your compliments with Sun our Resort Assistant Manager. He must be greatly appreciated with your compliments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

With best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We every Sunday coming here with friends on Sunday brunch,food is amazing there have bbq thai food many options our favorite is bbq ribs, they provide also to use their swimming pool and gym when. Swimming pool is nice and really relaxing. Also they give complimentary towels. Really recommend to go there for Sunday brunch if you want relaxing Sunday.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear Stefan K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in regard to your recent visited our Sunday Brunch. I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed our hospitality and our cuisine.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for next Sunday.

Kind regards,

37.9 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
5.5 km away
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket

Been to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach? Share your experiences!