All reviewsbeachfront resortmosaic restaurantlobby loungelow tidesea viewphuket panwa beachcheck in processbeautiful hotelprivate beachearly checkwelcome drinkchinese touristsfront officekids poolkids clubfried ricespecial thanks
Reviewed September 8, 2017

My son and I both had a very enjoyable holiday in Thailand. The hotel staff were very kind and polite to us and helped us whenever they can. The food from the restaurants there were also very delicious. Furthermore, there is a concierge which gives you a wide range of activities to choose from. It is in a very peaceful location with quite a few nice restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Grace w,

Greetings from Phuket.

Thank you for your 5-star review. I am glad to see that you and your son had such a pleasant stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach. Indeed, our location is perfect for anybody looking to have a peaceful and relaxing getaway. Guests can choose to dip in any of our multiple pools, dive in the ocean through our direct beach access, join in any of our activities such as kayaking or yoga, unwind in a lounge chair with a nice refreshing cocktail or take part in a romantic dinner at the beach!
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

I have stayed at more than a dozen different accommodations on Phuket Island and found Crowne Plaza to be among the most relaxing and pleasant.

1. The welcome registration process is certainly impressive as we are whisked though the hotel's spectacular entry lobby, seated in the bay-view lobby area and presented with tasty Thai Ice Teas.

2. The room (Adaman Sea View) was spacious, quiet, beautifully decorated and enjoyed one of the most spectacular sunrise views I have ever seen -- with the sun's rays emerging over the bay and filtering through the palm trees. All the rooms appeared to offer good views.

3. Nice swimming pools and well-equipped fitness center

4. The brunch offered wonderfully expansive array of well-prepared dishes -- great fresh fruit juices and espresso drinks and excellent western and Asian choices.

5. Ate dinner at hotel both nights at Mosaic forThai and then Patio Al Fresco for Italian utilizing coupons we were given at check-in and found the meals to be a very good value (for beach-front hotel setting) and quite good food (though not necessarily uniquely memorable cuisine).

The last point brings up what I found to be the main drawback at Crowne Plaza Panwa - its isolated location with other restaurants, shopping, beaches and sites all several kilometers away on a scary, busy stretch of highway. We did cross the busy street to a tiny minimart to buy some snacks and a beer, and contemplated eating at the scruffy looking restaurant there. The hotel suggested we rent motor scooters to explore Phuket, but we found this to be too dangerous and risky proposition (note - Thailand has ranked #2 globally for motor vehicle highway deaths). The hotel also provides an infrequent daily shuttle but only to a couple big, uninteresting shopping malls during middle of day.

Also I was slightly annoyed by the aggressive effort to up-sell us to the hotel's more expensive room-class which marred an otherwise magical check-in process.

All in all I think for most people looking to relax with family, Crowne Plaza Panwa is a great choice.

Personally I preferred staying at the nearby Westin Siray despite the Westin's long stairs and muddy beach but with its better access to Phuket Town. Or would prefer my recent stay at Dewa Phuket on Nai Yang beach and my stays at hotels in the Laguna Phuket Resort complex where hotel was farther from the beach but I was able to enjoy renting bicycle and exploring variety of different nearby places.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Dear Jay J,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

Thank you very much for your wonderfully detailed 5-star review. I am glad that you had such a pleasant time staying with us. Indeed, our Andaman Seaview Rooms all feature stunning views of Makham Bay which is one of the reasons they are so popular with our guests. I would like to directly respond to your comment regarding our location and transportation options. While it is correct that we are located in a quiet part of Phuket Island, there are several interesting spots to go to which are located nearby the hotel such as Phuket Aquarium, Phuket Old Town and several of the major boat piers which take guests on day trips to Phi Phi or James Bond Island. Also, we can provide a number of transportation options for guests such as our hotel car or our shuttle bus which drives daily and includes destinations such as Patong Beach and Phuket Old Town.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Comfortable with amazing balconies overlooking the sea and the pool. The staff is super polite and attentive. The spa is fabulous but overpriced for Thailand.
I had a short stay before to go to Phi Phi Island, so it was a nice choice just to relax from the flight and take the ferry next day.
Two international restaurants. I went with Italian to don't risk anything spicy (perfect if you don't eat Thai spices), and a huge and delicious breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear Patricia R,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

Thank you for your positive review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, all our rooms feature balconies or terraces so that guests can fully enjoy the stunning ocean views. One of the best ways to enjoy the breathtaking scenery is by staying in one of our Duplex Lagoon Suites. This grand 2-storey suite features not only amazing ocean and garden views but also exclusive access to our Lagoon Pool which is reserved for guests of this room category only.
Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

The check in was friendly and efficient. We were treated like real hotel guests, sitting down on a sofa for the check in rather than standing up and they were doing all the necessary paperwork while we sit and sip the welcome ice tea drink.

We were explained of the room type and breakfast we booked and they also suggested several options for us to choose from if we needed any upgrade or purchase any of their offer.

We were then shown to two different room types before making any decision.

The views is amazing looking right out to the beach and ocean.

We eventually decided to upgrade to a duplex (2 floors) with Jacuzzi as that worked out only slightly more expensive than the two rooms we stayed in the previous hotel.

The lower floor has direct access to the pool and direct view to the hotel ground, beachfront and sunrise view.

The room is very spacious and well decorated but I could see some of the wooden furniture and floor was a bit worn.

The bed is a little too soft for my liking. I prefer the mattress to be firm

I treated myself to the Spa. The staff there were very friendly but the massage was so so only. I was not impressed.

The breakfast restaurant is quite big so there was no queing for food. The variety of food includdd western and Thai. It was overall very good.

The Wifi signal was a little weak but I believe its the same with many hotels here.

Similarly the TV channels picture was blurry.

We booked a taxi with driver from the hotel for our day trip and that was good.

The moment which really has left a good impression for us and one which I think is the most important is how the hotel staff treated us. At Crowne Plaza Panwa Beach, the staff worked as a team and were very friendly and efficient, very attentive to guests. The issues we faced were all dealt with efficiently and swiftly..

Overall we had a really enjoyable and memorable stay at this hotel...

Will definitely come back if passing through this part of Thailand again, and I would jot hesitate to recommend this hotel to others..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear 8KKC8,

Greetings from Thailand.

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. I am delighted to see that you had such a fabulous stay with us. It sounds like you chose to stay in one of our Duplex Lagoon Suites which, not surprisingly, is one of our most popular categories. The opportunity of direct access to our Lagoon Pool, as well as the stunning views, just make a stay in this suite that much more luxurious. I am also very glad to see that you were so impressed by the service provided by our colleagues. I will be sure to forward your praise to them as they work tirelessly to create memorable staying experience for our guests and they will be delighted to know that they were able to make a positive impression on you.
Thanks again for your 5-star review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located right on the beach and pool areas are clean. Our room is dusty and wardrobe smells moldy. Slippers in the room are shockingly dirty and looking old. No one came to us even though we called room service 4 times to request new slippers and a hair dryer. They sent fruits and a card to our room to apologize but we still feel the customer service is not good enough. My friend had to move to another room as their room smell really bad and the aircon was noisy. We were given 15min free massage but their massages are expensive(1500Baht-promotional price for 90min massage). We paid only 400Baht for 60min massage in Patong (Montra Spa, Jungceylong shopping mall basement). Drinks and foods at hotel restaurants are over priced too. There is a mini mart and restaurant across the hotel where they serve good Fried rice for 100Baht. Breakfast is average. Local phone call is expensive 40Baht per minute! Overall, I won't be returning and not recommending this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
WichlanChristopher, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear olivia o,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach.

Thank you for comments. While I am glad to see that you enjoyed our location and were satisfied with the cleanliness of our facilities, it is with regret I acknowledge that we were unable to meet your expectations in other areas of your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this. I understand that our team tried very hard to regain you and your party's satisfaction after we learned of your concerns, by providing several complimentary amenities and room upgrade. It is disheartening to learn that this was not enough. My team and I are working to improve in mentioned areas in order to prevent recurrence of such an issue.
In regards to the prices for the services in our hotel and our food and beverage offerings, they are actually rather reasonable when compared to other 5-star establishments on the island. Also, due to the fact that we use ingredients of the highest quality as well as follow international guidelines for food hygiene and safety.
Thank you again for your comments. I hope that your recent experience did not impede your trust in us and that we may have the chance to regain your confidence during a future visit.