“Our winter sun vacation”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Our winter sun vacation”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just had a 10 day real chill out holiday at this hotel. Never saw the junior suite as we were upgraded to the cape suite which was fabulous. Spacious with huge comfortable bed, huge bathroom and all furnished well. Lovely terrace with Jacuzzi however the outlook was not in the best location of the hotel. The hotel location is fantastic, with its own private beach and beautiful gardens. The theme nights are great value especially the steak night and the seafood buffet. All the restaurants served superb food and the service was excellent. The only negative point is if you choose to go half board , the hotel gives you dinner coupons which can get a little confusing. Would recommend private transfers to the hotel as it is a good hours drive from the airport and it would be the last drop off point on the transfer coach. We will definitely hope to come back again.
Carol from Emsworth UK

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Wow! when we move to this area of Phuket from Laguna we were a bit disappointed... but after a few hours you can really realized how amazing this place is... isolated stunning private beach, 2 wonderful pools (one infinity amazing one on the top of the new area), thematic entertainment-dining nights, quiet guests, relaxing surrounds, resort in a beautiful nature... and not expensive at all!!! Go there for a relaxing weekend out of patong turmoil ;)

Room Tip: Get the new rooms (hotel was under renovation and the new area has the best rooms... they are big, m...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 031512z
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were at the tail end of our 16 day tour with Phuket being a highlight. Upon arriving at Cape Panwa (after an hour and 20 minute ride from the airport) we were met with an entourage of disorganized staff who we could barely understand and were rather chaotic. I finally got my room key and was immediately disappointed; my room was above the laundry of which made the entry to my room about 20 degrees hotter than it already was. In addition, the awful humming of the washer dryers. Although I had decent views on both sides since I had a corner room, to the right as I looked down, there were people living below my window. Not sure who they were or if they were construction workers since there seemed to be construction all around the junior suites. My room seems a bit dirty as well (dead bugs on window sill, hair on the floor and a stain on my bedsheets. The exterior of this part of the hotel is very dull and ugly. I asked for a new room as this noise and heat was unacceptable. They put me on the other side of the floor; could still hear laundry, but with a/c, it drowned it out. The interiior of the rooms were decent, but as mentioned, the exterior is very unattractive and rather scary walking alone to my room at night. The lights in the corner were always off and I would trip over my threshold entering my room. This resort is for a much older crowd (think white hair) and is very boring. It is rather isolated and nothing much to do in the evening. The only bar that might have some people (white haired crew) was the Otter Bar and they had a terrible singer with tunes from a bad Humphrey Bogart movie. There is a shuttle to Patong Beach area but leaves at 7:30 and back at 11:30 pm. There are loads of mosquitoes in the resort, especially the lobby area. I had been in Thailand for a 16 day tour and this was the first time I got really bitten by mosquitoes. The beach appeared to be rocky and not swimmer friendly. The Italian Restaurants below at Kantary Bay Hotel (sister hotel) was not very good; half my bread basket has stale bread and my Fruti di Mare pasta was just ok (when asked what type of pasta I wanted from their choices, I said fettucini - it came out with spinach or green fettucini- you think they would have mentioned that as it changes the flavor). I would not likely stay here again. Too isolated and junior suites have ugly surroundings The breakfast folks, however, were very nice!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Donnerfairy
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for your review. Here at Cape Panwa we always strive to offer the best in accommodation, facilities and service, so we welcome your feedback as it informs us of issues within the hotel and areas for improvement.

Your comments have been sent to all the relevant department heads and appropriate measures will be taken to improve standards where pointed out. Regarding the construction work around the Junior Suite Wing – it is from The Regent Hotel next door – but they have informed us that it will be completed in just a few weeks. May we also add that the peaceful location of Cape Panwa, away from the bustle of tourist crowds, is one of the main attractions for many of our guests as they want a place where they can truly relax.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Beijing
Reviewed 12 February 2012

all my family members are pretty happy we had choosen Cape Panwa Hotel; and we really had tood time there. the most things impressive us are the beautiful beach and good service; however, we would be appreciated if the hotel room could be a little bit more clean and comfortable.

we are thinking about to select Cape Panwa again if we visit Puchet in the future.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

just spent a great 10 days at Cape Panwa in january,our 4th visit,we stayed in a junior suite which was perfect,very large & great views,as always the staff were excellent,especially on the beach and the maid,had a great meal in panwa house,but otherwise ate in the village,hope to go back in 2013.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theyoung333
North West
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We actually feel guilty for not posting a review earlier, or were we just being selfish wanting to keep the place to ourselves, who knows…
We are not going to give a list of eat here, visit this, try that, it costs this much to travel to / from etc.
There are enough experts already commenting on such matters.
We first discovered this hotel back in 1997 and so began a long affair with Cape Panwa and the sister Hotel Kantary Bay. I think we are now well and truly addicted (11th visit so they must be doing something right).
On this note it is incredible how many return guests (many are now true friends) who we bump into year after year. Some do not always return every single year, but eventually after they have tried elsewhere they realise what they had at these quality establishments, and return to the fold.

I have read with some amusement some of the reviews from other members of the Tripadvisor community, and never realised how petty some people can be (I suppose that’s what makes us all different)

My beach towel was frayed….
They are clean ( I see them being collected and delivered every day by local laundry company), plentiful (never been unable to get a towel), and free… if you don’t like them bring your own.

The staff did not speak very good English….
Be patient, and put yourself in their shoes, your in Thailand! I bet it’s better than your attempt at Thai.

I got stung in the sea….
I got stung at home by a bee, what do you want the hotel to do about it? Deal with it; you’re in the Far East, be thankful it was only a sting.

The Breakfast area was busy….
That’s because the food is good, with plenty of choice (quality buffet service) time it right, no problem.

The hill is very steep….
Use the free shuttle bus service (runs 07:00 – midnight every 15 – 20 min)

Restaurant was too busy, service too slow, food not good….
Vote with your feet, try somewhere else, there are plenty of places to eat either in the hotel (6 restaurants), or locally. Must point out, if you’re a meat eater, the weekly steak night at Café Anderman is well worth the money. The local restaurants are also good and safe to eat in… Sawasdee, Sea Breeze, Indian restaurant always worth a go. Don’t miss Happy Hour at the Lighthouse, with good live music by the house band.

The important thing is to move around the place and give them all a try, make sure you pop in and say hello to expat Russell, the owner of The Sunset Bar at the bottom of the hill, were you will get a warm welcome with plenty of helpful advice (also been known to arrange excursions to Banana Island).
The poor guy is a chocolate lover so if you can fit one in your case take him a bar of Galaxy….

We could honestly wax lyrical about the place, but would be commenting all day long, and at the end of the day would only be our personal thoughts. Please come along and try the place and see what you think, I don’t think you would be disappointed…. Just don’t come over the Christmas period when we go, as we want the place to ourselves ;0)

We are really struggling to find a negative to give a balanced comment, but one minor thing (although didn’t bother us in the slightest). Anybody who had a visit this year might have been slightly disappointed with the beach, in as much that you could not take your sun beds onto the sand. This was due to some really stormy weather at the back of the monsoon which had washed away a lot of sand from the beach front. Let me tell you that this was not normal practice, in the years we have been coming it was a first.
I am sure Mother Nature (nothing the hotel management can do in this case) will quickly rectify.

On a personal note we cannot praise the Staff and Management at Cape Panwa & Kantary Bay enough, you are a credit to your profession. When somebody welcomes you back year on year with the words “Welcome Home” its not a phrase that’s mixed up in translation its actually meant and heart felt.

I have already re-booked for this coming Christmas, if your there over that period come down to the end of the pier and say hello, I will be there fishing as I have been doing for the last 15 yrs. You will be able to tell its me, as I will have that content / chilled out expression on my face that says I am back at Cape Panwa….

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hatchie1
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I recently stayed at Kantary Bay Hotel which is the sister hotel of Cape Panwa Hotel and I was able to use the facilities of both hotels by using the shuttle service that runs regularly between both hotels. Although Kantary Bay is a beautiful hotel there is no beach while Cape Panwa has a really outstanding beach, so every day I used the beach at Cape Panwa, I also visited the various bars, restaurants and pools there. I was very impressed with the facilities and the staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful and polite, however down at the beach area on a number of occassions I found some members the staff to be rude and disrespectful to guests, this was also the case with other guests I spoke to. These members of staff should be made aware that it is their duty to look after the guests as they provide the money to pay their wages and also the are spoiling the reputation of what is otherwise a wonderful top class venue.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
40.7 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
32.0 km away
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!