All reviewsconstance hotelssmall boutique hotelasian cornerstayed at belle mare plagegolfing holidaylinks golfkuoni reprooms are comfortablechampagne happy hourincluded in the all inclusive packagepaddle boardingnight staygolf cluba la carte menubeach towelsthe hotel offerson arrival
Reviewed February 11, 2018

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 29th Jan - 10 Feb 2018 we would both say it is a very good 4* hotel, in fact having stayed at Belle Mare Plage before we consider C-Palmar to be a mini (but much quieter) version.
The full staff team are to be commended on giving the 'nothing is too much trouble impression'
Given the hotel opened in November 2017 we had a couple of minor hiccups nothing that was ever going to spoil our time and were addressed instantly by manaagement.
Highlight of the stay for us in the Hotels ever smiling Sommelier Tony, at each meal we had Tony was asked to match our wines to the meals we were having, he managed to surprise us with his choices at times, but never missed when making our choices, all of the wines including the Italian red were spot on, he is most knowledgeable on his subject and always willing to guide.
We both play golf and both the legend and Links golf courses were played a number of time, if offering any advice make sure you check the transport timings and book your golf around the pick up/drop off times to save rushing.

Room Tip: best rooms offering a little breeze and privicy are on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rharry1
Catherine B, PA to GM/Sales Coordinator at C Palmar Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Rharry1,

Greetings from our sunny C Palmar!

First of all please accept our apologise for our late reply.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We will be sure to let Tony know that he made an impact during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel!

C Palmar Family

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

C Palmar is a very beautiful hotel.The beach is very attractive and the sea is very blue.

Mrs Blin make the reservation for me she was excellent during the booking.Before going to the hotel I phoned regarding some information Mrs. Vimi spoke with me and she was very helpful and gentle.I got superb info.

I got a beachfront room it was very clean and the view was very very beautiful.Thanks a lot Mrs Blin you do a good job.

During my stay I liked the food it was very tasty thanks a lot to Chef Arasen he make my stay wonderful very very good food and dessert he was there for everything you wanted.Thanks a lot Sir for my birthday cake it was delicious thanks for everything.Mr Christophe your pizza was top and Jayen your jam was very tasty I liked it a lot.Thanks to chef Rajesh also.

Mr Curtis do very good job wonderful person help and make you feel happy.Thanks a lot also to Sailesh he is very gentle and helpful.

We had a very good time and these people make my stay unforgettable.For me and my husband each moment was memorable for me.

Will surely go there next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Farzana1234

Dear Farzana1234,

Warm Greetings for our sunny C Palmar!

First of all please accept our apologise for our late reply.

We are glad to hear that our hotel and our team members were instrumental to make your celebration memorable.

Your outstanding comments about our team members have been shared with them as they are a true reflection of our genuine hospitality.

Hopefully, we can celebrate your birthday with you again next year.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to C Palmar!

Till we meet again,

C Palmar Family

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has the makings of a truly lovely boutique 5*. Unfortunately the service I received was nowhere near this and I had to chase so many minor things I lost count. Many of the junior staff appeared to have little or no experience. The managers were darting all over the place which didn’t help - the skill mix was muddled to say the least!
The staff were however mostly very pleasant and were trying hard.
The hotel is stunning and if they can sort out the service blips it will be perfect. The food was excellent, a particular mention must go to the chefs in both the main restaurant and in the Asian.
The bedroom was thoughtfully and tastefully equipped. It was a garden view from which you could also see the pool and sea. Well stocked mini bar.
The drinks available on AI were good - the bar staff seemed knowledgeable but a smile or two would go a long way!
The beach is pleasant without a scrum for sunbeds. The swimming area is small though you can go outside at your own risk. The beach staff didn’t seem to want you to snorkel outside of this though we did. It was pleasant - the water was not clear and it was fairly quiet on the fish front! The visiting beach hawker was a bit of a pain - did not take no thank you for an answer. He insisted on setting up shop next to us as well.
Security patrol the grounds - they need to be shown how to shoo away visiting dogs (who were not a problem in any way) without resorting to throwing stones which is inhumane and also a risk to guests nearby.
There is a gym upstairs which is well equipped with the basics required.
Both pools are heavenly and appeared very clean and well maintained. The gardens are naturally still immature but are well kept and well stocked.
Typically on the East coast there is nothing to visit locally - you would need to get a taxi to shops etc. It is pleasant to walk on the beach towards Belle Mare.
I would definitely come back if the ratings improve and you got what you had paid for. Also the hotel has a large extension being added in 2018 which will no doubt mean that the tranquil ambiance is lost. Not from the building work but from the extra guest numbers perhaps. There is also a spa, tennis facility and Astro (why?!) planned.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Ambourzalles23
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I agree with some others here that there were some minor flaws as this hotel just opened end of 2017. But the design, pool, restaurant, beach and many more things absolutely deserve 5 stars. We got a very nice room looking out over the pool to the sea. The service was very helpful and tried to make our stay an unforgettable experience which they achieved. New Years Eve was very special and deserves to be mentioned positively as well :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Mauritius is a beautiful Island .
The C-Palmar Hotel reopened in November 2017,so we knew there could be a few issues .
We had a wonderful holiday ,but it could have been better and we are sure that this Hotel has great potential to become as good as we wished it to be .

It is recommended as a 5* Hotel,but compared to other 5* Hotels it is just a good 4* Hotel with the need of improvement .
And for a 4* Hotel and the actual issues it is overpriced .

The rooms are nice decorated ,but some craftsmen works especially in the sanitary area are ragged.
Things that can be fixed easily .

The food at the buffet restaurant is good ,the Asian menu restaurant is excellent .
The cooks do an excellent job .

The pool is outstanding ,the terrace and bar are well decorated .
The live music for dinner is a plus.
It is a clean and well decorated Hotel with some quality failures in the arrangements ,which can be fixed easily .

Still using the logo of the previous hotel on the beach towels and the hygiene products as well as using plastic water bottles at the restaurants makes a bad impression and are a “No go”.
There are alternatives available .

The main issue is the service .
As the Hotel was not fully booked the service staff could have done a good job .
But except a few of them ( thanks for their outstanding service !) they didn’t .
A better structure ,feeling account for different responsibilities and more attention are necessary to fulfill the high standard a 5* Hotel from the Constance Hotel chain is known for .

It is a new Hotel but to be competitive with other 5* Hotels there is still some work to do .

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank a g
odeguardia, General Manager at C Palmar Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Dear g,

Warm regards from our sunny C Palmar!

Please accept my apologise for my late reply.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.

I have read with great interest your remarks relating to some shortfalls both in the service and some facilities. You may rest assured that those comments have been shared with the management team for a further consideration, so as to take the appropriate corrective measures.

The latest reviews of our guests can make you change your mind about another visit to our property. It would be with much pleasure to welcome you back at C Palmar on a next visit to Mauritius. We will do our utmost for you to spend a memorable vacation next time.