“A beautiful place for a nice meal”
Review of Mullins Restaurant

Mullins Restaurant
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Mullins is a beautiful place for supper. We came here 3 times during our 2 week stay and the food seemed to get better each time. The first time we went, although we enjoyed the food, we felt it was slightly over-salted. When we came back a few days later, that had been corrected and on our last visit, I ordered the same dish as our first visit and the flavour was excellent. The service was fantastic all three times. It is amazing to see the level of service they provided. The atmosphere is wonderful as they are right on the beach and the lighting is quite colourful and gives a nice ambiance. It is a little bit on the pricey side, however the meals were worth it in our minds. We look forward to coming back again! One Note: Reservations are a MUST for supper. It is good to book at least 1-2 days ahead to get the times you want.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The food continues to delight, the setting especially by the waters edge is beautiful, the service has improved but it remains a very expensive night out at £100 per person excluding drinks.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Having visited Mullins Beach Bar 10 years ago, I decided to take my hubby and friends there. Imagine my surprise when we found such an up market restaurant in place of the little beach bar of my memory!
We decided to stay for dinner and were made very welcome even though we had no reservation and they were quite busy. The staff were delightful, efficient and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The food was quite simply, fabulous. Although it is pricey, we felt that the value for money was excellent as the portions were big and the quality was top notch. No-one minds paying for quality and that's what we got.
I had a seafood risotto with pan fried king fish, my hubby had the mouth-watering beef short rib and our friends had the aromatic, tender pork spare ribs and the huge coconut shrimps. Everything was faultless and the Grove Mill Sauvignon was lip smackingly good.
Coupled with the romantic beachside location, what more could you ask? Please please make this your one special meal in Barbados and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Good food. Good atmosphere. Good wine list. Service a little slow - but it is such a lovely place it did not matter.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I ate here on Saturday 11th Feb 2012. We have done this every year for the last 3 years and have in the past had an excellent meal. We were so disappointed on this occassion. Our table was booked for 8 pm, we maybe sat down a little after as we had drinks outside. We ordered, and our starters arrived in good time and were really good. Then we waited 45 mins approx for our main course, which was far too long. When the food arrived my husbands food was hot and good, mine was luke warm, like it had been cooked well but had been left waiting for the other to be cooked. We were really surprised at this as the restaurant was not full, maybe just over half the tables taken, so it wasn't like they were really busy. Having eaten here every year for the past 3, it was so disappointing, especially as it is not a cheap place to eat. In fairness to the staff, they did take off my meal and gave a 10% discount, however I would have prefered to pay and the food and service been right. Even with the main meal taken off and discount we still paid £90, which is a lot of money for an evening totally spoilt. As my title suggests, we will not be returning and will try someone different next time. The West Coast has so many alternatives, that restaurants really need to keep their standards up otherwise they will loose the custom.

1  Thank EveMonkey1