“The Perfect Spot”

Saint Peter's Bay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Perfect Spot”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My wife and our four kids, ages ranging 8 to 24, spent two weeks during the 2011 year-end holidays at Saint Peter´s Bay. I am an old-timer in Barbados, regularly visiting the Island for the last twelve years. I hesitate to share our passion for Barbados, our love of the scenery and the people, because it is one of the best-kept secrets of the Caribbean and will hate to see it follow the path of other long-gone marvels such as Jamaica. But the ¨Bajans¨, as they are popularly know, do a great job in protecting and defending their paradise from cheap and obnoxious tourism. This is not an all-you-can-eat Cancun experience. Barbados is beautiful, sophisticated, interesting, diverse, and a natural wonder. As you can imagine, during my decade-plus love affair with Barbados I have stayed in many of the ranking and best accommodations on the Island, hence I thought I knew it all. How naïve. By chance I learned of Saint Peter´s Bay. I will never stay with my family anywhere else again. The location is spectacular. The beach and the water are quintessential Barbados: white sand, clear and warm water, soft waves, and all the shades of blue. The compound is set in a way that guarantees everyone sea views and real privacy, meaning you can contemplate dawn in your pajamas without bothering or been bothered. The apartments –we rented two interconnected three-bedroom units with top-of-the-line hot tubs, are stupendously decorated in a very comfortable, classy and sober manner. The kitchen has everything a serious chef would ever need, by the way my wife is a culinary expert, so she knows what she is talking about. The location is perfect, just a short drive –even walking distance- to all the essentials. In addition, the St Peter´s offers a permanent private water-taxi service that is literally like having your own boat to take wherever you want to go. The staff is extremely courteous, knowledgeable, friendly but at the same time respectful and impeccable in their service. And their concierge service can get you a reservation at the hottest restaurant or have meals deliver to you. For them everything is possible. Saint Peter´s Bay is not for everyone. If you are looking for the same hotel experience you are used too, won´t find it here. If you want the luxury and privacy of your own home at the beach, with all what a great hotel has to offer, this is your place, no doubt.

Room Tip: Only apartments are available. All have sea views, we prefer higher floors, all have private elevato...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gabriel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Barbados
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband treated me to a stay at St Peters Bay for my 40th Birthday. We had a fabulous time. We took our kids (5 and 6 years old) and they cried when we had to leave. The apartments are luxurious to say the least. New and modern with superb finishes and very spacious. Three bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a full kitchen, large living area and two patios. The main patio was my favourite spot, the view really is spectacular and the patio is large with a jacuzzi, comfortable sofas and a dining table. I could easily spend an entire day on the patio! We were on an upper floor and a really cool feature was the additional elevator next to our balcony that travels directly to the pool deck, no long walks to the pool or beach. The beach is pretty and so peaceful. We loved having the private boat with driver: he took us swimming with the turtles and dropped us off at Port St Charles for a nice lunch. The pool area is pristine and well designed. The surrounding landscaping is gorgeous. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We were met personally on arrival by the Manager. We have stayed at many nice hotels on the west coast but the St Peters Bay experience is special. We look forward to our next stay at St Peters Bay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristina E
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We purchased a unit last year at St. Peter’s Bay. We moved in last September. Since our life improved greatly. Before we stayed in different places in Barbados - last time in Port St. Charles -, but none of them was as this one. We have privacy, we are in a quiet, friendly environment. We strongly recommend to those who love calm, and happiness. Sam and Zoltan

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Zoltan B
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2011

There is only one thing you need to know when you are planning a trip to Barbados. #1 – Book St. Peters Bay Resort! This place was amazing! If you want packed beaches, overcrowded pools and cramped quarters of a hotel room then don’t book St. Peters Bay Resort. We had two adjoining 3 Bdr units, about 6000 sq. ft of space. We took our 5 girls and parents for our destination wedding, so having us all together was important…and 6 bathrooms for all our girls didn’t hurt either. From the time we arrived on the property which was 11pm at night until we left we were treated like Rockstars! St. Peters Bay arranged our travel from the airport for all 10 of us and we were greeted by David at the gate. He gave us the grand tour and we had our kitchen and bar fully stocked. (They provide a grocery list prior to your arrival to place your order. They also work with a wine distributor, Trident Wines, and they provided all our beverages). It is great to be able to stay in and eat when you want throughout the day. We saved a ton of money by eating in. The grocery store is only a short walk or kayak paddle away. Both units were impeccable; granite counters, flat screen TV, personal elevator to the pool from our patio and a hot tub on the patio overlooking the ocean. It really feels like a home.

Waking up the next morning we really got a feel for how beautiful this place really was. The pool and the grounds were kept immaculate. We soon realized we had the entire place to ourselves! There was only one other couple who lives there. Even though we were the only ones on property the staff had everything ready for us, they put chairs out on the beach every morning and kayaks were available anytime. They had just finished the pool bar area, which was perfect for getting out of the sun or sitting at night to watch the sunset. The beach itself was great as well…crystal clear blue water. It is relatively calm so there were no worries about have the kids in the water. As far as water activities, they are at your fingertips. They have kayaks and sailing available. There is also jet skiing and water toys they pull behind a boat available on the beach. Just contact Ian at Just Chillin (Just Chillin Watersports). There is also a St. Peters Bay Resort water taxi that will pick you up on the beach and take you to Port St. Charles. It was great to have this available because they arranged to take us out to swim with the sea turtles and to the marine reserve to see a sunken tug boat and swim with the fish. We did this the morning of our wedding…it made everything stress free. While we were out the staff was preparing everything for our wedding, they made sure we didn’t have a worry.

Now for what I most impressed with at St. Peters Bay Resort…definitely the people who work there. There is no question that we felt like part of their family. Every person knew us all by first name and we knew them. We had the choice to have our wedding at any of the resorts in Barbados and feel like we hit the jackpot! We were the first wedding on their property and I swear it felt like they must have done this 100 times before. No details were left out. We feel blessed to have had the staff at St. Peters Bay Resort share our special day with us. I would personally like to thank each of them:

Geoff Farmer – From the time we first communicated about what we were looking for you assured me you could meet our wish list. You did not disappoint! Geoff had everything in perfect order for our entire stay. When you book at St. Peters Bay Resort this is who you will deal with and he could be a nicer guy! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!! You have assembled an amazing staff.

Juliet Evanson – Juliet is the concierge for St. Peters Bay Resort and I can only describe her as AMAZING! She took care of every single detail during our stay with regard to our wedding, transportation, entertainment (Safari Adventure, dining at the Tides and don’t forget Harbor Lights). A wedding can be very stressful, but she took every bit of stress away. We put it all in her hands and I cannot think of one thing that was missed. If you are looking for destination wedding or just a great time in Barbados, make sure you contact Juliet. She became part of our family and she shared our wedding day and our nights out on the town. She truly went above and beyond. We can’t thank her enough, although I know she knows how special she is to us.

Joycelyn – Thanks for your warm smile and keeping everything beautiful. Your attention to detail was evident on our tour of the mega-unit…Unreal!

Gail – Thank you for keeping our units spotless. Not an easy job with our girls! Thank you for your friendliness and help throughout the pre and post wedding organization.

Denise – Thank you for your hospitality and making us feel comfortable. You didn’t miss a thing.

Vicky – Thank you for personally keeping our unit perfect during our stay! Also thank you for all your help during and after the wedding. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Dwayne & Damian – Thanks for keeping the grounds up and having chairs available each morning. There wasn’t a time I didn’t see a smile on your faces.

Rico – Thanks for personally taking the time to take us out to swim with the sea turtles and the fish. Your friendliness is infectious. Even though Rico was probably in pain from his dentist visit early Saturday morning he rushed over and he still took us out. That is dedication!

Charles – Thanks for doing a little bit of everything. Charles is the “Engine” that keeps things moving. I don’t think there is anything he doesn’t do. Special thanks for your extra help during the wedding. Keep the tuk band moving!

David – Thank you for the warm welcome upon our arrival. You set the tone for the entire stay. Thanks for making us feel safe while spending those long lonely nights at the gate.

Adrian – Thank you for looking out for all of us day and night. My next visit I will buy you your own cake!

Livingston – Thanks to you for driving me in your own car back and forth to Speightstown. I enjoyed our conversation and learning about Barbados and cricket.

Antonio and Bernard – Thank you for your help throughout our stay. While Barbados is very safe, it was nice to know you were looking out for us.

Betty – Thank you for the amazing tour of the property and giving us all the details on what is to come at St. Peters Bay Resort surrounding area. For anyone interested in purchasing the perfect place to get away contact Betty. We got to see several other units and they are incredible.

I will give my personal guarantee that you will not be disappointed. If you want specific details please give Geoff Farmer a shout at St. Peters Bay Resort and have him put you in direct contact with me. This was not only the most ideal wedding it was the best vacation had by all! Thanks to the entire team once again for making us feel so special. We feel like an extended part of your family and we will definitely be back many more times.

All the best,
Dervin and Crissi Strander

Room Tip: Just contact Geoff Farmer, every room is great!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,278 reviews
4.2 km away
Fairmont Royal Pavilion

Been to Saint Peter's Bay? Share your experiences!