As Vtt870 said we totally enjoyed our stay at Turtle Beach. For the the price and what you recived we felt we did very well. The room was spacious and comfortable with a TV couch plenty of light,terrace and nice bathroom. Upon check-in, the room was not ready as we arrived earlier than the appointed time but we were taken down to lunch and notified when our room was ready. Check-in was a breeze. The whole staff could not have been nicer. Everybody was extremely accommodating and extremely pleasant. The beach was beautiful ( a little crowded) with enough chairs for everybody. The water itself was a little rough but once you went past the breakers standing, you could jump the waves and enjoy the water. There were trade winds which though a little breezy, the sand was not hot and you did not feel scorched. Beware though (you could get a sunburn very easily) .During the morning somebody from the bar came out on the beach and served you a coconut pop, creamsicle, or fruit salad. In the afternoon it was a nice cool drink (This was a great touch) If you walked from the end of the resort to the end of the second strip the distance was about a half mile. It was great to walk this beach. These are public beaches so licensed vendors were allowed on. However if you did not want to avail yourself of what they were hawking (mangos. tours of the town, Jewelry), you said no thank you and you would be left alone. As for the food, it was average to very good but with enough of a choice that you did not go hungry. Of course the Ala Carte (it is all inclusive) restaurants were a little better than the buffets. There was some entertainment six of the seven nights. There is a business center with five computers for the guest's use, as well as tennis courts and a gym to work off the three meals a day and unlimited drinks.. And I found one of the best things is that the hotel is trying to be ecofriendly.
The only gripe that I had with the resort is that even though the restaurants were no smoking, ash trays were set up on tables just outside the open air restaurants and the smoke would waft its way into the restaurant.
Other than that it was a superb restful vacation with a very friendly population and I would have no problem visiting Barbados and Turtle Beach Resort again (even though I did not see any Turtles).
P.S. I did not have to exchange U.S.dollars for Barbados dollars as my money was accepted everywhere.
Kudos Elegant Hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados