2,940 results
All reviews captain sam crystal cove waterfront restaurant kids club a la carte water sports chelonia restaurant ice cream parlour rum punch great holiday evening entertainment dress code boogie boarding sister hotel jet ski red flag all inclusive resort
Reviewed October 31, 2015

I promised Captain Sam I'd write a review - so here it is!

We've been to Turtle Beach at least 6 or 7 times - so many that I can't remember. It's been a different experience each time; initially we went with our children. Last year I went on my own, and this year it was just my husband and me.

It's always been great, which is why we haven't hesitated to return. We've experienced other hotels on the island, and this is the only one we've come back to.

All the staff, without fail, were welcoming, friendly and always willing and helpful.

The food has always been good, but we were particularly impressed this year with the selection as well as the overall quality.

Our only quibble concerns some of the other guests, which is obviously not the hotel's fault. There were two large parties when we were there and they did tend to take over areas by the pools which was rather irritating. However, there's plenty of space in other areas of the hotel, so we did manage to escape them for most of the time.

We had a lovely and very relaxing week, and wouldn't hesitate to return, or to recommend it to anyone considering going.

3  Thank AlisonP59
Reviewed October 30, 2015

There were 5 adults, 1 child and 2 babies. We had 3 rooms next to each other on ground floor. All 3 rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The location was brilliant. My only complaints were not about Turtle Beach itself but the work being carried out by Sandals next door made for some very unpleasant smells the first week but thankfully the second week it was back to normal so no smells and the sea water being the lovely blue we expected. The second complaint was about Crystal Cove, we went there for day being the sister hotel and it was so bad we came back to Turtle Beach early feeling very glad we did not book there. The insects, flys were a big problem, to many steps an an unfriendly staff member. The most positive comments I would like to say about Turtle Beach are the staff are amazing. Maradona was so so helpful and friendly, nothing was to much trouble. Captain Sam, Dexter and crew were also very very kind and helpful. All staff very good. We would definitely go back to Turtle Beach.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank carol n
Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

Loved the hotel staff food gym was brilliant far better than I anticipated although the beach did not live up to the description don't get me wrong it is beautiful and very small although there are two parts to use the sea was not user friendly so that was a disappointment especially having told travel rep we love the beach sea and snorkelling we got round it easily as there is a gorgeous beach 20 mins walk up the road and the sister Hotel the snorkelling was very good plenty of gorgeous fish to look at .

Turtle beach is well placed 20 min drive to Bridgetown close to Oistins and the vibe of St Lawrence Gap 10 min walking distance

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julicrox
Reviewed October 27, 2015

just returned from a fantastic holiday at the turtle beach.this hotel is one of the smallest i have visited but i would also say its one of the friendliest and cleanest.the staff in this hotel are fantastic..they really made our holiday for us.one thing i would point out is there is a lot of building work going on at sandals the hotel next to this.on our first week the noise was terrible but once they had removed the sea wall all the work was moved to around the side of the hotel and you could hardly hear it.we were lucky enopugh to sea the turtles just 20 feet from the shore and that was amazing.im not sure if you would get to see them in another hotel other than doing the trip whicj=h we did ,but sseing them while sunbathing was amazing.there was a nest due to hatch but unfortunately we had to return home before that happened..all in all a most wonderful holiday and we will retuen to barbados.such a beautiful island with lovely people..:)

Room Tip: all the rooms have good views but we had an ocean view room which was lovely
3  Thank Destination806751
Reviewed October 27, 2015

My husband and I visited Turtle beach for 5 nights as the last leg of our honeymoon and from arriving at the hotel we were made to feel welcome instantly. The porters wouldn't let us lift our luggage and insisted on holding hands instead.check in was smoothly the people on the reception were extremely friendly and welcoming.

They had kindly given us a upgrade of our room to sea view which was very kind but the best bit was they had left a congratulations card hand signed by all staff and a bottle of champagne in the room.

The room was lovely, as was the pool area. Couldn't fault the food at all I think I must have put on nearly a stone here where I ate so much!

Captain Sam and his crew on the beach were fab we went out on a jet-ski every day and also made the most of the catamaran trip with Darren which was provided free as part of the all -inclusive. Darren was such a lovely lad and made us feel really welcome thank you Darren and Turtle Beach!

2  Thank Clementine H