See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We’ve spent 3 days (weekend) at La Fornacina in July 2011. We were traveling thru Tuscany and Veneto for 2 weeks and we were looking for a peaceful and quiet place to spend a weekend far away from the crowded Florence and Venice. We couldn’t choose a better place. I loved our room and the dining and leaving space of the country house. We immediately felt home there, although at the time we were the only not Italian guests. Not only the owners but also the other guests were really nice and friendly. Dining together was a wonderful experience. I will definitely come back to La Formacina with group of friends.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have just spent three perfect days at la Fornacina (February 24 to 27) and we are quite puzzled by the previous review. Are we talking about the same place? The owner of the place gave us a very nice welcome, we had asked for a vegetarian dinner and we did get indeed a delicious variety of vegetable dishes. Our room was warm and cozy, the breakfast absolutely fine. We are definitely planning to go back to la Fornacina and enjoy the lovely atmosphere, the silence of the surrounding area and the hospitality of the people there.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have been at La Fornacina yesterday with my wife and 2 kids (3yo and 5 month baby).
We planned to stay 2 or 3 days but we left after one night.
There were no custumer for the time we arrived and the owner showed us a room, but in a while she changed her mind for a different room.
The dinner was below any tuscanian standard in terms of quantity and quality.
We have been squezzed in a room with 2 additional single bed for the kids. The temperature was quite low, but I was confident that during the evening the place could warm up...big mistake...the stone walls are so cold that is like to be in a fridge and the water pumped into the radiator was noisy and not sufficient to increase the temperature. In addition, they turn it off around midnight so, we letteraly freezed during the night....I keept my kids with us in the big bed trying to warm them, but one was starting coughting and the other sneezing.
Breakfast was found on the table, but none was giving us attention.
The place was...desert.
I left my reference for the invoice on a paper sheet and runaway with the family looking for some heat in the car...

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

If you wish to travel "far from the madding crowd" and feel at home at the same time, you definitely need to visit this splendid and charming place.......and once you have been there............it'll be impossible to forget it............... I have been there several times with my husband but will certainly be back as soon as possible.

Date of stay: March 2011
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I traveled with a friend of mine. Me, a vega-yoga-chakra girl, and him - a bistecca fiorentina lover who'd never been to agriturismo before. We chose this place by chance, wanting to spend a couple of days on the Terme di Saturnia. The reality exceeded all our expectations - the location is perfect to feel relaxed surrounded by nature,but close to the Terme and historical sites of the region.The interiors are just fantastic, beautiful mixture of rustic italian, colonial and Bali-inspired styles that you see in the best design-hotels!the food was great-both vega and meat,but still the main was the atmosphere, so positive and calm...Definitely advised to those who need a body&spirit refreshing!!!

Date of stay: November 2010