“2nd time just as great!”

Ristorante Da Mario
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Saturnia
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We didnt even stay in Saturnia but made certain that when we left Tuscany we made a quick stop even though it was out of our way. I've had Bistecca all over Italy including Florence and this hidden Gem is by far the best. Mario is a master and he knows how to prepare the best steak. My wife loves the pasta as well. More than friendly service. COME TRY.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

They say this is the most expensive, but lets be honest it is expensive in comparison to alternatives locally, it is NOT fine dining.

The ambience of dining out on a warm summer evening in a small Tuscan village on the square is exactly what this restaurant provides.

We arrived around 9;00 which would appear late as most were finishing off the meals and no else arrived after us and whilst the service was initially attentive after our main courses we were looking around for a waiter for drinks and a desert menu; obviously cleaning and laying up for tomorrow was taking precedent.

The food was good although having order 'wild boar' I was told that they had run out of the vegetables it was advertised with and offered an alternative, I also order a side dish. I received the meal with the vegetables advertised and no side dish! very strange"

I enjoyed the food; it was good but not amazing and the setting was nice, would I dine here again? probably not.

This restaurant would have achieved a very good but I scored it average as unfortunately I don't want to be walking 10 minutes to see a waiter to request a drink and then a desert menu and definitely don't want to hunting inside looking for someone to pay the bill.

Could be so much more..........

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Food was mediocre, the bill, however, wasn't. Expensive for the ambient and quality. Steak was decent, but nothing to rave about.

1  Thank Bojan Z
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Meals horrible!!!!!! so expensive for the quality!!!! so slow! 15 minutes just to have the menu and other 15 minutes to have the bread!!! the meals frozen, horrendous pasta it's not a italian food!!! the meat was old, the flavour seems very frozen and the service was so slow disappointed!!

Reviewed 2 July 2015

PLEASANTLY surprised! Mario met us at the door and cooked my bistecca alla fiorentina right in front of us and it was the BEST steak i have ever had. He is a super nice man and you can tell he really takes his time cooking that steak to perfection. Its worth the visit just to watch the care and meet these super great people. We travel Tuscany frequently and my wife is Italian so we know good Italian and look for family businesses. TRY THIS HIDDEN GEM!!!