My husband and I booked a garden cottage room for 3 nights during our trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. We hopped around a bit and stayed in 6 total hotels - all a great experience, but Cassia Cottage made our Phu Quoc leg a highlight that we will remember for the rest of our lives.
The landscaping was extremely charming, and we LOVED the food... a great (not basic continental at all) breakfast spread included with the stay offering a mix of local and Western foods, and an extremely reasonable menu for lunch and dinner (a steal compared to US prices, and executed with high quality). They pulled off a delicious, elegant Christmas Eve dinner on the beach. The staff was very attentive and gave us recommendations on pearl shopping and motorbike rental (both are highly recommended), and we enjoyed our beachside massages. The room and ambiance completely matched the vibe of the island - easygoing and casual - but with a strong attention to detail (cinnamon-scented hand soap that was not cloying!). So wonderfully unpretentious. And we were able to eat breakfast before our early morning flight, which was greatly appreciated.
Thanks to the entire staff, but especially Mark and family for sharing so much with us about the island and the rest of Vietnam. We're already plotting our return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong
- Cassia Cottage Hotel