We (4 of a family) visited Phu Quoc for 4 nights in May end. Cassia Cottage was chosen based on 3 considerations, first, property bang on the beach, greenery around the property and excellence in customer care. We had booked Beach Cottage No 1. However, to avoid getting disturbed due to ongoing repairs, the hotel provided us Rooms 167 and 168 alongwith 166 as a sitting room (all facing the beach, about 15 mtrs away). Must say hats off to the manager Pete Neto, who made sure that we were not disappointed with the changes. He was present in the restaurant to receive us and even offered us a complimentary meal as a welcome gesture. Just about everything in the resort is designed and presented to perfection. Be it the mild fragrance of Cinnamon (cassia incidentally means cinnamon), the cleanliness of the entire property, maintenance of the gardens and in-house vegetable nursery, the aesthetically placed decorative pieces in the garden, the clean beach, the free evening cocktails, besides the creatively crafted menu. The staff is super friendly. We also had the privilege of meeting the owner, Mr Barnett and listening to his stories about how he came to PhuQuoc (pronounced as Phuwok) to trade in Cinnamon and made it his home. We kept a day each of trip by taxi for North, South and Snorkeling near Sao beach. Must visits - Sao Beach, The snorkeling trip as also the day trips, were arranged with help form the resort . Most of the restaurants are walking distance from the hotel. The night market is about a km and half. Rory's restaurant along the beach was great. The sea food in Crab House was great too. Must compliment the staff at reception for a kind gesture. We happened to casually mention to the staff, the news of our sons exam results we got one afternoon. The next morning we were pleasantly surprised with a congratulatory cake for our sons success in exams. This is next level of customer delight, i must say. Felt sad while leaving the place. Wonder when we will visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong
- Cassia Cottage Hotel