Thuyhouse Resort(Duong Dong)(Great Value!)
US$14
US$23
  • Breakfast included
US$48
US$47
Terrace Phu Quoc Resort(Duong Dong)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Phuong Binh House(Duong Dong)
US$38
US$25
  • Beachfront
US$132
US$125
US$114
US$90
1,264 results
All reviewsspice housebeach housephu quocfree cocktailmanager jimevery afternooninfinity poolthe cottagesoutdoor showeroverlooking the beachnight marketmosquito netsea viewlong beachsao beachrelaxing holidaystayed longer
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Booked Cassia Cottage without much expectation. We got a beach front stay with fantastic beach view on the new wing, 2nd floor. Rooms were spacious and clean. With balcony sun deck area. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great with freshly baked bread and croissant daily. Beach was a bit short to the sea but it is ok. I have free Yoga every morning and free cocktails is served every day from 4pm to 5pm.

1  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Cassia Cottage in a modern suite for 5 nights. Staff are very friendly. The Room was very large and comfortable with every amenity we needed however we did not have a private balcony so with hindsight I would have booked one of the older rooms which are more private and have more character. The resort did offer to move us to an older room but this would have been after 2 nights so we were happy to stay in the booked room. Breakfast choice was wonderful- beautiful breads, pastries, coffee, fruit smoothies and cooked options. The pool area was nice though the pool has tiles coming off. The beach is narrow at this point but you can walk miles along it and the sunsets are lovely. We weren’t impressed with the food at lunch ( the sweet potato fries were hard that came with the burger) or evening ( the coconut prawns arrived in a small coconut in a basket but were very bland and difficult to eat in the coconut without a separate plate or spoon to eat the sauce- we ate tastier food for a lot less close by. We preferred Nhat Lan beach restaurant best - walk left along the beach past Rory’s bar. We did also find the bar service lacking at Cassia Cottage. We arrived late in the day and wanted a gin and tonic before dinner. The beach bar was closed and the restaurant would not serve us a drink as they were too busy at 7.45 even though we had a table booked in the restaurant at 8.30 so we had to walk to a local bar instead just to get a drink. Likewise on our last full day we wanted a quiet sunset cocktail on the beach well before sunset and the beach bar just closed at 5.55 and we couldn’t get a drink. I don’t think we have ever stayed at a hotel anywhere in the World where you can’t get a sundowner drink on the beach because the bar has shut before sunset. Also glasses and cups were not cleared regularly from the pool area during the day and I ended up clearing ones left by other people myself on more than one occasion, a minor niggle but so easily remedied. We did enjoy our stay overall but once you are out of resort and on the main road there is a lot of rubbish and I can only see this getting worse with all the building work going on all over the island. It would also be nice to see resorts such as this stop using plastic straws and start using an eco alternative such as bamboo due to the environmental damage they cause. This was a problem for us all over Vietnam though.

Stayed: March 2018
Mark B, Owner at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Hi: All your comments are noted with sympathy and concern.
We stopped using plastic straws and lots of guests complained.
Our bar is closing because we can not find enough staff- at any price- on the island to be of service. Poor excuse, but that's what we have.

And, if the glasses at the pool are not being removed, then we also need to address the Taff issue, again.

Sorry your stay was less-than-perfect. We fully agree with your observations.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

What a place this is, heaven and a real hidden gem of a place, surpassed our expectations. Also a very quiet place in the day and at night to chill and relax ... the tranquillity was needed after the busy cities on our tour.

We stayed here for 6 nights and loved every minute of it, the food, the staff, the service, pools and the room.

This place is beachfront and various Cottages contained in quaint gardens where they grow their own herbs and spices. It has 3 pools it’s own private beach with plenty of sun beds and great daily service. It is more for adults although they there were some young families too.

The Cottages are outstanding, spacious and clean with superb daily service. The Spice House restaurant is excellent and has a range of great foods and beautiful views. Along with daily complimentary cocktails which was a nice touch!

The staff could not do enough for you, courteous, friendly and helpful throughout. We have to thank Mike Nguyen at Go Asia Travel for booking this and for organising our whole 4 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia.

So Cassia Cottages is just fab and we would come back again and recommend it wholeheartedly

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

After being met from our taxi and escorted to the restaurant and shown to our table, I thought it couldn’t get any better than that, the food was exceptional, chicken with ratatouille for me and fried barracuda with sweet potato fries for my husband, followed by the most flavoursome ice cream I’ve had in a long time. The vodka and apple cocktail went down well to. Then taken by taxi back to our hotel. I would definitely advise anyone to visit this lovely place.

1  Thank juliesmith99
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I had just finished volunteering in Thailand and Cambodia before stopping here at the Cassia Cottage. Trang greeted me with a huge smile and showed me around the grounds before taking me to my garden cottage. I have nothing but excellent things to say about this place. Amazing staff, so quiet and relaxing and great food at the spice house! I will definitely be returning back to cassia. Cheers

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo