2,536 results
All reviewsmr gorecoco baythe cottagesplunge poollower poolbreakfast and lunchwaterfront suiterum punchdeluxe cottagesheer rocksour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Altho there are areas for improvements in the resort - after 24 hrs there - they didn't matter. As the Brits say - "It was FUN-TAS-TIK!"

It was hot one nite and the 'no-see-ums' moved in a couple of evenings (slept with the mosquito netting)- but even that couldn't change the overall relaxing connection that the resort gives you to nature and the real beauty of the flowers, birds, water, mountains etc.....

The staff was wonderful and very accomodating. Choice of beaching it (beautiful) or pooling (elevated - even more breathtaking) or the many excursions they offer. The food was buffet/cafeteria style for breakfast & lunch and sit down casual-elegant for dinner.....all was exceptional.

The units are sparse - but all you'll need once you adapt (some have private dipping pools - others a/c at a price). Just having the doors open 24/7 and feeling the breeze while still experiencing privacy is definitely worth a return trip.

We loved feeding the birds on the deck railing and "Teaga"" - the wonderful resort kitty that adopted us while we were there...wish we could have brought her home. Awesome place - everyone polled would return.

Stayed: May 2008
4  Thank lahammer
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I wanted a special place to stay with my partner for our last weekend before he moved overseas, and so booked Coco Reef based on the location and the facilities.

I was swayed by the promise of a private plunge pool in the Ocean Front Cottages, and most of these had been constructed by the time that we stayed.

The rooms were basic but clean, and the doors that you could open to the balcony were lovely, so you could have a pseudo outdoor shower. However, the side of the bluff that we were on (which is the only side that has the hotel's cottages on it) was absolutely freezing due to the wind. The plunge pool was lovely, just a shame that it was icy cold, and therefore truly was a plunge pool - you couldn't get any use out of it as you were hypothermic when you came out. In a four day stay we jumped in it twice.

I was most disappointed by the eating arrangements. To me, luxury does not mean a buffet with two or so main courses, and having to sign up for one of two sittings the day before (one at 7, the other at 9). One day were were late to sign up as we had left the resort early, and by 3pm there was only space left at 7pm, so we either had to eat then, or not at all. There is no room service, so really no other alternatives if you want to eat at any other time than the designated sitting times.

A lovely spot - but by no means luxury - luxury means to be, having the facilities to be ale to do what you want, when you want, and this definitely doesn't.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Blondeexpat
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We booked this holiday through the Virgin website and I've got to say one of the best hols we've had!
Cocobay is an absolutely fantastic place. On arrival we were greeted with a rum punch before being shown to our rooms
We stayed in a standard cottage which was lovely. I requested a good view (worth a try) and we got one. Not the seaview cottages view but a seaview of the other side, we could lay in bed in the morning and look at the sea.
The cottages were lovely ,rustic springs to mind. A beautiful decked verandah with wooden furniture and a hammock.Inside you had fridge coffee maker hairdryer lovely big bed that was covered in petals when we first arrived, a very nice touch. The shower opened onto the deck but was still private.
The staff were lovely very helpful and friendly.
Pool area was gorgeous lovely sunloungers not too many people saving them with their towels!
We only ate in the normal restaurant as we found this to be excellent. Loved the breakfasts, lots of choice including fresh fruits and yogurt to full english.
We hired a car for the whole time we were there but didn't really need it for that long.
Went on the circumnavigation catamaran trip which was brill as was the rainforest zipwire tour(bit scary but was totally safe).Trip to Shirley Heights was also good.
I would certainly visit again and have recommended it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tabsLeics
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Wonderful resort. The staff were lovely and friendly without being intrusive. Reading the negative reviews of coco bay, it sounded like they were staying in another resort.

The all inclusive was good quality. The staff and guests had great fun playing cricket some mornings on the beach together. Great to watch.

We'll be back without a doubt.

A very peaceful haven. You have to go!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OneLoveUk
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I stayed at Cocobay in May 2006 for a friends wedding and have to say it was a fantastic holiday!

When you arrive and see the stunning views framed through the open air reception I knew we were at the right place.

The beaches are the most deserted and private that I have seen.

Yes, the accomodation is rustic, but it was kept clean. It certainly isnt an American style polished hotel so dont go here if thats your taste. You have a hanging space and a chest of drawers for clothes and a coffee machine in the room, but we really didnt want more than that. The only time we were in our room was to sleep and change clothes!!!!

We booked a beachfront room which was well worth it for the views (before the hottubs were installed) and found the cottage style accomodation very private. The bride stayed in one of the two larger beach rooms a bit closer to the water which was also nice!

I am a fussy vegetarian that doesnt eat fish and I found the food to be good and had plenty of choice. The breakfast lady cooked eggs how you wanted them in front of you each morning and the fish choice at lunch buffet was very good. The open air buffet area was netted to prevent birds getting in, but sometimes they did - which still didnt really cause a problem, I mean they are birds!!!

The staff were also good and tried to accomodate me as much as possible as I was also 5mths pregnant when I was there, the bar staff were great creating lots of different non-alco cocktails for me!

Entertainment is minimal here, but we entertained ourselves after dinner talking to others in the bar and we were often tucked up in bed by 10!!!(We are all in our 20's and early 30's by the way!) If you do fancy something a bit livlier there is an american sports bar in Jolly Harbour (5 mins by taxi).

The afternoon wedding was a very relaxed affair, the boys went fishing in the morning and the girls lazed by the pool. We all then wandered down to the deck near Sheer for the ceremony which was really lovely, a true relaxed island wedding!! We then all went down to the beach for photos and then back to Sheer for a meal which was really good and actually considered one of the best restaurants on the island when we were there!!

I would say that if you picked this hotel to start off with, dont let the negative reviews stop you from going here as it has a true carribean feel about it which you wont get by staying at one of the big shiny hotels.

• Stayed: May 2006