“Excellent venue for our conference”

Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tullow
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent venue for our conference”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

In late April I co organised an evening conference in the Mount Wolseley Hotel. The hotel facilities were top notch, the function room was set up exactly as we specified and staff were on hand all day to help with any last minute changes. We had a refreshment break during our event and then again staff were ready and able to cope with the large numbers of conference attendees and logistics manager Jerry was on hand to ensure the smooth running of the event. A number of my colleagues and I also stayed in the hotel on the night of the event and the bedrooms were top class as well as the breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MountWolseley, Owner at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are delighted that you were happy with your event and us as a venue. Being a family run hotel we strive to deliver a friendly and efficient service to all our clients and are delighted that you felt your experience was worth reviewing.

Being a big conference venue we offer a professional and personal service to all our clients. We wish you well in your future conferences and do hope that you will be back to us again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spent two nights here over the Easter Break to attend a wedding. I was travelling by myself but was a given a lovely room at the front of the hotel with a big double bed.

The room was great, breakfast had a lovely choice of food. Gym was small but well equipped and the staff were friendly and helpful - one even going so far as to unlock some fridges in order to get me an apple one evening.

My only complaint with the place - and this is not really the fault of the hotel, was the number of kids running around pretty much unsupervised by the adults. On Easter Sunday there was an egg hunt for the little kiddies - no problem with that, but I went to the bar to get food and due to the number of kids about and parents basically commandeering the staff I ended up retreating to my room in order to get some food via roomservice. I had waited over 15minutes to get a waiters attention so that I could just get the menu but to no avail every time he came near a family called for his attention.

Oh one thing though - We are in the middle of a recession so to have a hotel slap an extra €35 a night onto a single room for the night of a wedding is disgraceful - I get supply and demand, but is it not better to have a full hotel at the normal rates rather than a half-full hotel at higher rates? I was lucky in that I did not get stung with this price hike as I booked my room the same day as my friend booked her reception there. So beware if making a booking that there are no weddings on as you could find yourself paying a higher price than normal!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Thanks to all the staff for their exceptional service and attention to detail. Catherine and PJ could not have been more helpful. Food was excellent, service was excellent and all the guests were impressed with the whole experience. We would definitely recommend this venue for weddings.....you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Splash out and go for the 'O Suite' !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
dublin ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have just returned from the Mount Wolsley Hotel where I spend a wonderful weekend with husband and another couple.
I have no negatives at all!
The food was amazing and such good value at €30 for four courses.
The staff were great and the hotel so comfortable.
There was a great buzz in the hotel and it must have been practically full but no sense of overcrowding was felt.
We spend a lovely 5 hours at the nearby Mountrath Home and garden centre.
Breakfast was served until 11 so that was a bonus.
all in all a really lovely hotel and we will return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dundalk
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had a very good experience at this Hotel at Easter 2012 10 Adults and 10 children of age 1 to 14 The children and their parents stayed at the houses at the hotel and my husband and I were in the Hotel This hotel caters very well for families swimming pool, childrens playground soft play area for babies games room for older children and caters in the bar for childrens meals with a special menu. The food in the Bar for all was excellent and our meal in the dining room on Sat night for 15 was restaurant style presentation and excellent value. Our room was excellent, the staff were superb at all times all in all we would highly recommend this Hotel for families and anyone who enjoys Golf those who played had a great time. R. Smyth

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RosemarieDundalk
Dublin
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed in this hotel a few months ago for 2 nights. Found it a great disappointment and quite pricey for what was included. Had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and could not eat the food as my main course was only slightly warm and unappetizing, waiter was not very friendly when I sent it back (we opted to eat out the next night). For the price of the room I was paying..I would have expected more than just an average 3* dated, un-kept room looking out onto generators. The bathroom was nice but could have been cleaner, bed linen was stained also. Not a very child welcoming hotel either, staff were not friendly toward children and the playground is at the entrance of the hotel (where the holiday homes are situated), quite a stretch of walk to get there..especially for small children. Will not be returning to this hotel anytime in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had an absolute FANTASTIC day at our wedding on the 16th March & the subsequent weekend. Catherine Doyle was the wedding coordinator & Gerry was the manager on call over the weekend. Living in Australia & organising our wedding in Ireland wasn't the easiest thing in the world however, I cannot say enough good things about Mt. Wolseley. From Catherine's fantastic planning & organisation to Gerry's energy, professionalism & friendliness to the excellent food & wine served to our guests it really was so refreshing & appreciated. Of course I know all the guests at the wedding would tell us it was a great day (as it was our wedding) but we've seen the proof from them as some of them have since booked family stays at the hotel (or will be doing so in the near future).

We really had such a brilliant time during our stay at the hotel, the wedding, St. Patrick's Day & of course mothers day on the Sunday....although it was the busiest day the hotel has had this year the staff were always helpful & courteous. Our Australian friends have been boasting of the value & the great time they had there also. Our friends & family whom have kids have also remarked on how great the whole experience was.......the bar manager (can't remember his name!!) organised our own private games room for the children to play in whilst the adults were in the bar for a few hours the next day. There was kids club & the swimming pool there also to keep them busy.

Overall I can't rate the experience high enough!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucia K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullow
35.9 km away
Seven Oaks Hotel
#3 of 5 in Carlow
37.0 km away
Seafield Hotel & Spa Resort

Been to Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!