“OYSTERS!!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Liscannor
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2016

My wife and I were on a hunt for oysters and white wine and found this great spot after a day of visiting the Cliffs of Moher. Service was friendly but a tad slow which was fine for a leisurely Saturday afternoon. We had the best oysters I've ever tasted, a local variety I was not aware of, and it paired SO WELL with a 24 Euro bottle of Muscadet from the Loire Valley in France. I'm in the wine business in California and thought this was a real find for the money and I've tasted the finest wines the world has to offer. We also shared the excellent seafood chowder and the fish and chips which were stellar. We had coffee and a cheese plate for dessert. Thought the aquarium was a nice touch in an otherwise plain looking dining room at the rear of the restaurant. I'd recommend this place our total bill for a dozen super fresh oysters, a bottle of muscadet, fish and chips, seafood chowder, coffee and a cheese plate was 86 Euro. Go and have the oysters and muscadet!!

1  Thank winefellowguy

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Fantastic dining experience with the freshest local seafood served in a lovely pub setting.

Would highly recommend a trip here while nearby!

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Was a little worried that we wouldn't find much in the quiet area around the Cliffs of Moher. However, this was a fabulous find.

Warm and friendly ambiance. Food was fabulous and portions are very generous. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

We lucked into this fine restaurant after a visit to Cliffs of Moher. The local seafood choices were great, and the service friendly.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

“No problem, my favourite reply, was the response when we stopped in as a party of eight after a nice stroll along the Cliffs of Moher. We were immediately seated and the service was fast and friendly.

After some Guinness and Sancerre were delivered we tucked into some excellent creamy oysters, a fabulous lobster and crab salad, a rich and delightful seafood chowder and some crispy and satisfying scampi. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their fish and chips declaring the crispy battered cod simply the best they have ever had (and after tasting it I think they were right)!

We did check the bill and find that a bottle of red had somehow snuck on that we did not order, however, on pointing it out it was removed (though unfortunately with a bit of unnecessary attitude by a particular teenager); The rest of the staff were great.

Anyway, despite all that, we had such a nice time that we decided to return for dinner and sat in the elegant dining rom at the back of the pub. In the evening the lighting is dimmed giving the room with its amazing aquarium a softened and very relaxed mood.

Everyone was satisfied with their respective dishes from the refined evening menu and I particularly enjoyed the lobster spring roll with sautéed foie gras. The main course of lobster with Tandoori sauce was simply delicious with just enough spice to liven it up but not overwhelm the fresh lobster. The aged steak did not stand a chance against my 14-year-old son who devoured it stating it was one of the best steaks “Ever”!

The wine list was admirable and varied we settled on (more) Sancerre and a very drinkable Aussie shiraz.

Tiptop place in that part of the world and would certainly go back for lunch, dinner, or both!