1,059 results
All reviews trader vics eden restaurant beau vallon beach private pool ripples bar snorkeling gear paddle boards garden suite junior suite day bed our honeymoon half board outdoor shower kids club special thanks japanese restaurant memorable stay
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Our experience with this hotel was really good.
Nice staff, good location, well designed hotel, the rooms are spacious and well equipped, the beauvallon beach is just outside the hotel (nice beach for family), not far from the Anse major (one of my preferred beach in Mahe : nice walk from the bus stop, quiet and sandy beach).
We were there with our 2 year son, we all enjoyed it and will remember it !
The buffet was great (dinner and breakfast), still could be improved (e.g quality of cheese not great, some products don't really like the Seychelles climate), we tried one of the restaurant (Japanese) and spent a good time with nice food and amazing staff . The only issue I could see is that even with half board you have to pay still a fair amount of money to get a proper experience in the hotel restaurants.
Even if I indicated some minor issues in the text above, we definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank GuRoAi
DRichardHebert, General Manager at The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Guaika R

Thank you for taking the time to write us about the experience of your stay and our resort. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your seyshima experience.
Rest assured that I will share them with all of the team.
We hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed June 6, 2017

My family and I traveled to the Seychelles for a holiday, and ended up choosing this resort based on reviews on tripadvisor, and its location overlooking what was labeled as the "most beautiful," and the "most visited beach" on Mahe Island. Though we had made preliminary bookings at the Banyan Tree Seychelles, and were seriously looking at the Four Seasons, we decided against them on advise that at this time of the year, the beaches at these resorts are not as spectacular, and the waves less friendly on that side of the Island. Also considering value for money, and a "fabulous rating" on tripadvisor, the availability of Halal food, proximity to the airport, the many choices of restaurants on the resort itself, the manageable size of the resort, we ultimately chose The H Resort Beau Vallon.

We arrived using a prearranged taxi arranged through the resort. Check-in was relatively seamless, with all the staff involved from the people handling luggage to the warm persons at the reception involved in checking us in to our rooms, being genuinely caring, involved, and professional. Initially we had booked two garden view suites, and with children had requested to be put next to one another. Given the resort being busy, initially we had been assigned suites that were not next to each other, but this was fixed at the reception, and were given keys to suites right next to each other. The person checking us sat us down and went through a detailed verbal tour of the property, restaurants, and what we could do as part of our package, and what options were available.

The garden suites are beautiful, with nicely appointed furnishings, and an outside patio with seating ares/deck/ and great views of the garden in full bloom with many flowers including many hibiscus bushes. The wooden floors, and other woody notes in the suites made it feel warm and inviting. Right away, the issue that we noticed was that the bathroom had no privacy as it opened into and along side the rest of the suite with no doors etc, and this meant a less than ideal situation with kids that were accompanying us. This setup, while maybe ideal for couples, was not the best for families! The second thing that we noticed was that while the suites were right adjacent to one another, there was no interconnecting door from inside--one had to leave the main door of one room, and enter the other suite through its main door. This could be a problem with families traveling with younger children, for these kinds of rooms.

We left our bags, and straight away went to explore the resort and go to the beach. The views were just awesome, and could not be described in words. Though we would get the best views of the water on the Beau Vallon Beach three days later, on the brightest and the sunniest day, with the water having a spectrum of colors form greens to indigo's, and deep blue. The property had such beautiful vegetation, with blooming flowers--trees and flowers that I had never seen in all my travels, The air was fresh, and the backdrop of thickly forested mountains was just spectacular. We knew right away that if we had to, we could easily spend all hours of our vacation just being on the resort, not needing to go anywhere else, and have a splendid time.

As part of our package, we had booked half board, and the first night we had dinner at Vascos restaurant, where the theme of the buffet was "Italian." The fresh pizzas and pastas were of good quality, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals .(Please see my reviews of each restaurant separately elsewhere). The desserts were plentiful, and well prepared. The proximity of the restaurant to the ocean, with the sound of the waves hitting our ears, with occasional colorful birds flying around, made it extra special.

We retired to our comfortable beds, and mostly had a good nights sleep. The one thing my wife and I noticed, as well as our daughter(in the other room, and said the next morning), was a faint smell of mold in the room, something I had not picked on earlier as we had checked in. With my wife and daughter being asthmatics, I was a bit concerned. Upon waking up in the morning, I took a closer look at the rooms, and sure enough found mold on the sun-blocking curtains, the table-lamp shades, some of the walls here and there etc. I very much understood why this would be the case given the humidity etc. Without any delay, I went to the front desk and very politely reported this to the Guest Experience Manger on Duty, and while not that big of a deal, I expressed my concern to her about the asthmatics in my family, and how I was a bit disappointed. That was it! The response from the Guest Experience Manager was honest, open, and professional. She firstly genuinely apologized for what had transpired. Then she acknowledged that the mold problem was an issue with some of the suites, and they were in the process of dealing with this and had corrective plans,. She asked me to give her five minutes to makeup for what had happened, and give her a chance to make sure that the rest of our holiday was memorable, healthy, and fun.

I went back to the room, and we got ready for breakfast. While getting kids ready, we were called multiple times by the same manger (and I want to mention her name because she was so good to me and my family, and sincerely cared for us for the rest of the trip--Yulia Chazova), saying that whenever we were ready, they wanted to shift us out of our rooms.
After having breakfast, Yulia led the way to show us our new living quarters on the resort--The Grand Beach Villa 5 (the absolute best place to be on the whole resort). We stayed here for the next three days, and thanks to Yulia, we were given a free late checkout at 9pm on our night of departure. The grand villa was just beautiful with a lovely living room with convertible sofa beds, a kitchenette/half-bathroom, a large bedroom with a king bed, huge wooden closets, a luxurious bathroom with a huge tub, walk-in shower, and an outdoor shower with a sitting space for two. Both the living room and bedroom opened to a big deck by the personal swimming pool. There was a separate dining patio, kitchen, and a bathroom
by the poolside. The doors along the poolside wall opened up to the beautiful views of the beach. The views of the stars and the constellations in the night form the villa deck were amazing.

We had a great time inside and outside the Grand Beach Villa, thanks to Yulia. What she could have done was to just give us similar suites that we had booked that did not have a mold problem, or give us a regular beach villa, but she gave us the best, and that was really appreciated. I think the resort understand how to gain a customer forever!

The rest of the days at the resort were just memorable. The Beau Vallon beach is definitely one of the best if not the best beach on Mahe Island and stretches a length of maybe a kilometer or more. The backdrop of mountains is mesmerizing (something missing in the Maldives). The restaurants on the resort are nice(though a bit expensive, as is everything in Seychelles), and see my reviews of these elsewhere. The different culinary theme based nights at Vascos are a great idea.
The kids enjoyed the movie night and watched "Beauty and the Beast" projected next to 1502, with popcorn provided by the house. On the Creole night at Vascos there was a live band which was enjoyable.

The pool is beautiful with one end seeming like an infinity pool melding into the ocean in the backdrop, and the other end with the green mountains as the background. The surroundings are very clean and well kept.

I do recommend hiring a taxi through the hotel for a tour of the Island and go to other beaches like Anse Royal, beach on Mahe Resort etc, visit the Botanical gardens, Eden Island, and just drive around the whole island to get a feel of the place, and get magnificent view points to take pictures at. Do not forget to bargain with the driver before hopping on to get the price down by 20-25 % of what is initially asked. But make sure the driver is booked though the hotel, and is known to them. Also bargain for the airport drop-off as well.

I also want to make a special mention of the staff at the front desk clarifying queries in a timely fashion, the duty managers taking care of the guests with all the personal touches and involvement, and the housekeeping staff for being so efficient and good.

Lastly, to highlight the strengths of this resort are the courteous/professional staff, placement next to probably the best and the most popular beach (Beau Vallon) on the Island, six restaurants serving a variety of cuisines with something for everybody, the central location where one can walk don the beach or the street to access other eateries/restaurants, proximity to the airport, manageable size where the resort is not so large that you need golf carts to move around (they are available here as well) or one feels lost, value for money (though still a bit expensive, but that is how Seychelles is), kids club, and friendly staff.

Thank you to all at The H resort Beau Vallon for making our trip memorable, and we hope to see you all one day again, soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank arshadmian786
DRichardHebert, General Manager at The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear arshadmian786

Thank you for taking the time to write us this detailed account of you experience of your stay and our resort. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and on the island. Indeed we have put a lot of care into our product and our gardens since our opening in 2015 and it is always heartwarming to receive comments such as yours.
Rest assured that I will share them with all of the team.
We hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to change it up this year for my birthday (we usually go to Maldives) and try Seychelles. Many friends had been previously and had only nice things to say, so we booked here at The H Resort and set off.

This hotel is the only one we have seen since we have come to Mahe Island. It is approximately 20 minutes from the airport on the Northeast part of the island.

So let's get to it...

Reception
Our reception at the hotel was a friendly one. Also, staff worked in a timely manner to get us checked in and sorted. Only issue was that we wanted to extend an additional night, so upon asking a staff member whose name I will not mention, we were informed that only one room was available. Of course; it was the "Royal Villa" and they wanted to charge an additional 600€.
Long story short - I checked rooms and of course there were many available so we just booked the same room with the front desk later that evening. I get that hotels like to upsell, but to blatantly lie to guests was a bit strange.

Facilities
We stayed in a Junior Suite (40) which was perfectly located in proximity to the pool and reception area.
The gym is also amazing here. I can always tell how good a hotel is by the quality of its gym, and this one does not disappoint. Also, has a yoga studio with a lovely instructor. They do water yoga here and many free exercise classes. It's really a great touch.

The Room
I would have to be fair and say it is ok. Nothing fancy or fabulous or over the top. Nothing stands out in particular. It is not bad, nor exceptionally good. Kind of small for my liking but it didn't really matter to us, as we came to be outdoors which does not disappoint.

The Location
Considering I have not seen other parts of the island or country, all I can vouch for is what I have seen. I would give the location a perfect score and have to say this location in particular is one of the most beautiful places I have been in terms of the views. The adjacent beach is stunning and safe and I loved walking the 8 kilometers back and forth during the day. It was a beautiful location from my knowledge, which is limited as I did not see anywhere else.

The Food
This hotel has a few restaurants including a Trader Vic's which we tried the first night. It was decent food and nice wine. A standard T.Vs menu and drinks. Nothing out of the ordinary.
The breakfast was actually the best and I enjoyed all the fresh fruits and service. Dinner in the evenings was ok. Around 200-300 dollars for 2 people with no alcohol. The service is really on point and they were courteous at all times. We tried room service as well and it was nice. I should mention that they were kind enough to send me a lovely chocolate birthday cake! That was a lovely added touch.

Overall, we have one more night. I have loved our stay thus far and would stay here again if I didn't want to see other parts of the island and country (other islands like La Digue, Praslin,etc)

I recommend this hotel for couples, families and even solo travelers. It has a lovely crowd and a diverse mix of people.

Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal_cmc24
DRichardHebert, General Manager at The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Crystal C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and our resort.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your comments to the team!
We apologize for the misunderstanding with the additional night request and we will address this to our team to ensure that they communicate better in the future
We wish again a happy birthday!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

This hotel provides all the luxurious add ins what you need when really in the need to disconnect from every day's life.
Unfortunately we found out about the existence of the hotel at the end of our vacation on the Seychelles, but if we come back again, this is the Nr 1 address , where to stay.
Apartments in different ranges and a very professional team that takes care of its customers.
The Eden restaurant in the evening was the most smashing surprising experience by far
But the Ripples bar- restaurant serves excellent food as well and was very satisfying in the dishes we chose.
You definately don't starve there, cause the food - especially the seafood is super fresh
I like the own Long Beach as well as the swimming pool areas.
Towelservice and staff is extremely friendly helpful and attentive.
Absolutely top in Beau Vallon

Room tip: The apartments with private Swimmingpools on the ocean side are top
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 802karlheinzh
DRichardHebert, General Manager at The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear Karl-Heinz H

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and our resort.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your comments to the team and especially our chefs!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one week tagged on to a safari holiday- not our usual budget but a special trip for our honeymoon. The room was impressive (first floor king suite) and very comfortable. The beach was reasonably quiet, very clean and sun beds available. The pool was very relaxing with stunning scenery to enjoy. I recommend using the spa facilities but book on arrival or before as it is very popular! Our only issue, and we acknowledge this hotel is above our usual budget, was the price of food & drink. Luckily we went half board, and found the buffet plentiful and enjoyable. Breakfast was the same. However we didn't have lunch as 2 pizzas and 2 cokes for £55 is a bit extravagant! We had a very relaxed stay and enjoyed the luxury of this resort though! We found the staff very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Foot88

Dear Foot88

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and our resort.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your comments to the team. We take on board your comments on the food prices, unfortunately 90% of all food products are imported and this does raise cost tremendously and makes the destination expensive overall.