“AMAZING VACATION AT BLUE LAGOON”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I just came back from Fiji less than a week ago. My friend and I were staying at Blue Lagoon. I can only say one thing: Everyone must experience Fiji once in a lifetime and I highly recommend Blue Lagoon to stay at. Both myself and my friend are single woman and we felt right at home here. Staff is friendly and helpful, Managers Justin and Mel ( from Australia) very nice. We feared to be in a resort that is full of newlyweds but our travel Agent Emma from Journey Pacific NAILED IT!! The island is safe, the villagers are so happy and welcoming. FOOD...Let me tell you about the food. I have been all over the world, I have eaten at the most expensive highest rated restaurants all over, I consider myself a great cook....but the FOOD was 7 STARS. Even the most simple lunch dish was decorated and personalized, the flavors fresh, they use seasonal foods ( it's the best for our belly and the environment), freshly caught fish...fresh papayas, pineapples HEAVEN. We don't eat meat and was staying there for 7 nights but the options and the selection so amazing that I was not bored at all eating fish and different vegetable dishes every day. At dinner they asked us if we have a special request and they always whipped up something special made out of fish for us even though the main course may have been chicken. OK NUFF SAID . Resort: Amazing blue waters, coral reefs just off the beach, clean rooms, palm trees, friendly staff. There were so many activities to choose from, that you can never be bored. Snorkeling, volleyball, cave visit, village visit, "survivor" game night, movie night, bracelet making class, cooking class, fijian pancake making class...line fishing, scuba diving....crab racing, singing and Kava nights......On christmas day we ALL received different gift placed front of our door .
Keep in mind that there are no stores on the island. Only 2 resorts ( including Blue Lagoon) and the village ( 30 min walk in the beach ). If you like to booze a lot...take something with you. Happy hour cocktails from 6-7. Small little shop inside the "office". FOr gifts I recommend a village visit where you can go to a "crafts market" which is really just some ladies ( 7-10) sitting on the floor and selling shells or bracelets, necklaces etc. We were lucky enough to upgrade our room to a beachfront villa for 3 night. Its not necessary to stay the whole trip in those ( pricey) but everyone has to experience it at least for a few night. The outdoor shower that comes with the beachfront villa...is amazing. The Lodges and the dorm rooms share a bathroom with aprox 5 stalls and 7 showers ( each has it own little cabin, so its doable). I know I am gonna forget something but all I can say is : Paradise and good times at Blue Lagoon. Oh...MANY other guest who were " Island hopping" have said they should have come to Blue first and they would have never left....and many compared to the Octopus ( same owner) and the 2 should be quite similar. Really no need to waste your time and sit on the boat (who had only 3 out of the 4 engines working) and spend ours of precious vacation time to be hopping. Also the " Blue Lagoon Cave" is not reachable from most places because it takes too long. JUST GO THERE won't regret it. Even 7 nights was too short. OH and Charlie the dog was a blast:))

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank AggieSK
There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Beach Resort

Reviewed 2 January 2012

jst gt back from Fiji wth my boy friend, we went to three resorts and one of them was blue lagoon and it was by far the best one!!!!!! we were there for 3 nights and had an amazing time. beautiful place, friend staff, from Josh at the dive shop, justin and mel, luke who arranged the sea plane transfer for us, everyone in the office and all boat staff whotook us snorkelling and to the cave trip and noble the cava star :-)!!!! the highlights were the culture night, the cave trip, the cava sessions, shark dive and etc etc....
of those 3 resorts, they were the one who greeted you wth the welcome song and good bye song properly and even Justin and Mel took them time to walk us to the boat and said good bye properly.... when we left we felt that we hv knwn the blue lagoon staff for ages..... thanks guys!!!!!!xx Yani and Peter

4  Thank Yanisydney
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and 7 year old daughter stayed here in September. We were on our way to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup and had always wanted to visit Fiji. We had difficulty selecting a hotel/resort. My sister had advised we choose an all inclusive and a smaller resort. I read so many reviews on trip advisor but kept coming back to the Blue Lagoon resort so we booked to stay here for one week. My oh my this was the best place we have ever stayed at. This is truly paradise on earth. The rooms are fantastic, the staff extremely friendly and there is a nice mix of back packers and more mature guests!! Our daughter had a blast and was free to roam around as it is very safe. The coral reef just off the beach is fantastic - a huge aquarium full of wonderful fish. The food was fantastic and we enjoyed the communal eating in the evening. Although many would stay a few days we stayed a full week and did not regret it. We loved the crab racing and the other activities that were organised. We would go back in a flash and can thoroughly recommend it. We split our stay between the garden villa and the palm villa - truly exceptional for a special occasion.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank eva-mae-kay
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We have just returned from five nights at The Blue Lagoon over Christmas - what can I say but WOW!! We had the double luck of being their for the resorts Second Birthday Party too. They made Christmas the most wonderful I can remember for a long time. Christmas Carols, Village Church Service, Santa coming on the boat for the kids and the most amazing lunch - Justin and Mel who run the resort thought about absolutely everything. The whole stay was just perfect from the moment we got off the boat to the welcome song to the Assistant Manager personally seeing us off on our final day. The accommodation is great, the food is wonderful and the staff are naturally happy, there really didn't seem to be a forced smile anywhere. Five nights for me was just not long enough. I hope the resort read this as I'd like to give a special thanks to all the staff who made Christmas 2011 a paradise perfection for my husband and I. I'm going back for sure!

4  Thank Chelle1111
Reviewed 27 December 2011

So many places we stayed in Fiji had average-poor service, and this hotel was amazing. They accommodated us everyday by preparing amazing vegetarian dishes for my husband and I (there are a couple items listed on the lunch board, but the chef went out of his way to make us something different and tasty each day). In addition, we were on our honeymoon and one of the staff members (I wish I remembered his name- he was very professional and very attentive) allowed us to eat dinner away from the communal dining and even helped my husband set up a private candlelit dinner one evening. The rooms are comfortable, and the bathroom was the prettiest we saw in Fiji (we stayed in a premium beachfront villa). The snorkling isn't the best here out of the Yassawa Islands, but the water is very clear and blue. Tip for the hotel: put up "reserved" signs over the hammocks and beach loungers that belong to the beach villas so the guests occupying them don't have to kick other people out of them.

Room Tip: The beach villas are worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roundtheworld30
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We had an amazing week at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort from the time we arrived to our departure we were looked after and felt special.
Every day the employees serviced our room and left beautiful flowers on the bed, in the bathroom and on our balcony.
Our villa was very close to the glorious, clear, blue/turquoise water and a few meters further out was the reef, where we swam and snorkelled every day. It was so relaxing afterwards to lie in the hammock (one for every villa) to read or snooze.
The food was delicious with a different theme each night e.g. seafood, curry, buffet and happy hour was a good chance to talk to other holidaymakers and try the many cocktails offered. We had music provided by the talented Fijian people every evening.
Every day there were optional activities offered like scuba diving, cave trip, village visit, crab racing, bonfire night vollyball etc.
A wonderful break away from the hussle and bussle of home.

Room Tip: Villa 5 and 6 are close to the restaurant and about 18 metres from the water. There are two delux vi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dorothy G
Reviewed 21 December 2011

When you decide to go to Paradise, visit this by all means dreamlike place. The people, the facilities, the crystal clear sea with a magnificient coral reef along the beach, the food, the drinks, the optional activities. We stayed five nights and did as little as possible = maximum relaxation. We were two couples travelling together and stayed in our own "Palm Villa One", that is the stay to choose, you have your own veranda, garden and beach! You may even be served dinner at your Villa at sunset.

Room Tip: Choose "Palm Villa One" or "Palm Villa Two"
3  Thank Mikael A
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island
36.3 km away
Mantaray Island Resort

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!