We stayed at the Blue Lagoon and Octopus resort in February 2012. Both are beautiful, if I had to choose between the two I would pick Octopus. Blue Lagoon resort is quite new, the building are pristine and the gardens need to grow a bit and really bed in.
We stayed in a Garden Villa which was very spacious and clean, the outdoor shower is lovely. Mosquito nets are not supplied in the room so we did get bitten. We also found little red bugs in our bed on the first night (not bed bugs). The food is very good, there is an ample breakfast buffet and we picked our choice of lunch from a menu. Dinner is served at a set time either buffet style or to tables so you are sharing food with the rest of the table, there is plenty to go around!
We experienced the tail end of a typhoon which meant there was a strong sea breeze and a fair bit of rain. This resort suffered far more than Octopus due to its location and the staff not tidying up here. The sea out the front was brown and washed up rubbish, seaweed and other detritus on to the beach. The front of the resort up the beach was kept clean and tidy by the staff there and looked nice, our resort beach front looked like a bomb had hit it! The staff at our resort only seemed to tidy up (raking up leaves, tidying away seaweed from the beach front and mending the broken palm umbrellas outside the beach front villas) just before the manager returned.
We love snorkelling but couldn't snorkel out of the front of the resort and after asking the dive guy arranged an additional snorkelling trip, many thanks. The additional snorkelling trips should automatically be put on if the sea out the front is murky. The snorkelling equipment is included on the snorkelling trips and is otherwise FJ$5 a day. We also decided to do the hill walk unguided and the staff very helpfully pointed us in the right direction, I highly recommend this for the stunning views but make sue you take your mosi-repellent!
This is a nice resort only spoilt by the lack of care in cleaning up the beach/resort pathways. If you are going May-Nov (guaranteed good weather) this resort would be lovely, if you are going during the rainy season go for Octopus resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in the Yasawas. Right in the middle of the blue lagoon region, the resort is located on a white sandy beach with all tide swimming. Dive shop, snorkeling and many activities. Open planned restaurant and bar with espresso bar and live music nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blue Lagoon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel Nacula Island
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort Fiji/Nacula Island