1,534 results
All reviews private pool asian restaurant cretan breakfast animation team al fresco pool bar main restaurant star hotel hotel area piano player beautiful hotel main pool modern design special thanks small children kids club dress code
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what I can add to the two previous reviews. The whole hotel was taken over by Tour Plus for the Passover holiday and, as far as us guests were concerned, everything went smoothly. The hotel staff gave outstanding service from the Reception staff to Maria our room housekeeper. A special mention has to go to the dining room staff who had to deal with over 700 guests with patience and a smile. Nola, the restaurant captain, always had time for a chat and no request was too much for her. The whole hotel is kept meticulously clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Barbara G
Avra_Management, Guest Relations Supervisor at Avra Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review regarding your experience at Avra Imperial Hotel.

We are more than happy to read that you appreciated our dedicated team, who always try to go above and beyond what is required. Please rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with the rest of the staff, and especially Maria and Nola. Furthermore, we would like to thank you for your kind comments as far as the high cleanliness standards of our hotel is concerned.

We sincerely hope your next stay will be as memorable as the first one.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Just returned from the program mentioned by the previous reviewer.
Pre-season in unstable weather does not do justice to this fine hotel at this time of the year, particularly with regard to its fabulous outside pool amenities. That said, the staff were simply outstanding. With many hotels to choose from at a given popular tourist resort, this aspect can be the make-or-break factor.
From the helpful and efficient reception to the professional always-smiling dining room team and the meticulous housekeeping - all worked harmoniously under the unusually-demanding conditions of what must have been a somewhat bewildering culture gap. Some of the guests tried to bridge this - taking up personal conversations - especially appreciating the fact that this past weekend was Greek Orthodox Easter, with the staff foregoing their own celebrations in support of ours. I could mention specific names but this would not do justice to many others also deserving no less praise.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank gptripper
Avra_Management, Guest Relations Supervisor at Avra Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Avra Imperial Hotel. We appreciate your fantastic review of our property.

We are pleased to learn that our pool amenities are second to none. Furthermore, we are glad that you were looked after very well. Our aim is to remove stress by proactively contacting clients as we want our guests to feel at home. It is always so pleasing to hear such positive comments about the team and how they were so friendly and attentive to your needs.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

While I can’t rate the food, as we are here on a special Passover program from Israel (with TourPlus) everything about this hotel complex is spectacular. The setting is stunning, the grounds are well kept, the spa is fabulous, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the staff is most helpful, and we are loving every moment. We opted for a room with a private pool, which overlooks one of the large public pools. I read many reviews before the trip, so I knew that only the spa’s indoor pool is heated; therefore I brought along a wetsuit and am enjoying my pool immensely. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to come back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ERH1818

Dear guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, from the location to our facilities. We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a very memorable stay with us and that you found your room to be clean with the service to be perfect. We are also thrilled to read that you found our Team Members to be very friendly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Avra Imperial Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Avra is a really beautiful and comfortable hotel. The staff is really helpful and kind, food is tasty and there is a very wide range of dishes. We strongly recommend Greek breakfasts in the restaurant on the other side of the road. The only disadvantage is that there's a lot of small children in the hotel and there are no kids-free zones, specially in the restaurant.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank msc1702
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I stayed here in late August for summer vacation.
The main reason I booked this resort was a huge indoor & outdoor pool and it didn't disappoint me as the maintenance was so good!
Although we arrived at the resort very early in the morning around 8:00 am due to the flight schedule, they allowed us to use shower facility and enjoy any pool site until our room is ready.
The breakfast included was absolutely my taste in that most of the menu consisted of all natural ingredients and quality materials you may expect in Greece.
Especially I liked cretan breakfast restaurant located at the other side of resort where various food grown in crete served.

The only flaw was that the housekeeper entered my room to provide cleaning service even though I turned on "do not disturb" light.
I think personal reluctance to housekeeping during legitimate stay should be respected 'cause guest room is private space of guest's own until check-out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple