“Best food on island”

Horm Yai Cafe' & Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 174 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$105
Cuisines: European, Thai, Fusion
Description: A family managing with passion love and a thought of maintain the authentic of our recipes, tasting and cooking style of Thai Dishes. A family recipes is the key of our restaurant. We’re managed a private home cooking and a class teaching how to cooked in Samui since year 2012 named ‘Menu2U Cafe’ & Restaurant” Let us invited you for a quality of every dishes at Horm Yai Cafe’ & Restaurant, Krabi today.
Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

If you like fresh and clean food - you should visit Kate and her father. You can watch her while cooking - her kitchen is in front of the restaurant. The food will take a while, but if you try - it doesn't matter. I found no better place to eat on Samui. It's a little bit outside of the Centrum of the village. Prices are, for this quality, very less.....

1  Thank Daniel G

Reviewed November 25, 2014

My Mum and I visited Kate`s lovely place this summer. At first we found it by chance but then Menu24 became our favourite place on Samui. Delicious food, wonderful hostess, adorable dog Merci..
We still miss huge portions of Pad Tai we tried there. Hope to come here again next year!!!

Reviewed November 24, 2014

The delicious Thaifood is cooked right in front of you. The friendly ower Kate loves to explain how she cookes your food. It is a expirience all the time you go there. Highly recomended.

2  Thank Alex S
Reviewed November 19, 2014

The flavours of my meal tonight were superb. I had what I thought was going to be a simple green curry with prawns. The combination of tastes and textures was so good - spicy and juicy with delicate herb and fruit flavours. The place is spotlessly clean, the food cooked in front of you and the service and presentation just right. I've had some great food in Lamai but this has been the best. I'll be back!

1  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed October 11, 2014

Delicious! We drove 25 minutes from Mae Nam to try this place and it was well worth the trip. There are a number dishes listed on the menu board, but they will basically make your food to order. The open kitchen is right next to the tables, so you can watch as the food is cooked in front of you, which is a really nice touch.

My partner and I are vegetarian and we requested a massaman curry and chilli basil tofu, both of which tasted sensational. Kate has a great understanding of dietary requirements and will adapt anything to suit your needs or tastes.

It's a little off the main street in Lamai and the signage isn't really clear, so it's not the kind of place you'll easily stumble across. However, as mentioned somewhere else here, the Coco Splash water park is a useful landmark - it's near the entrance to that, but on the other side of the road.

We only went toward the end of our trip and were disappointed we didn't have time to go back and try more dishes. Ah well, there's always next trip I suppose. Highly recommended.