“A Breakfast Treat”

Salmon Tales Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Rakaia
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stopped for breakfast with friends on the way south (no, not on the way to see Ed Sheeran). Eggs Benedict with salmon was the order of the day along with big breakfasts all round, lots to eat and great value for money! Alas the sheer anticipation was soured by the fact the poached eggs were hard, another example of badly poached eggs. Never mind the salmon more than made up for the eggs and it will not stop me going back on my trips south to try other salmon delicacies!

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Just stoped in to this cafe this morning , cheese roll had mustard! Yuk and the panini was heavy , dry , cold and salmon tasted old . Sorry guys pick your game up . The Couple beside us were equally disappointed with their food. Won’t be back

Reviewed March 4, 2018

three of us went for lunch on sat3rd. I ordered the eggs bene with smoked salmon.wife the same but with bacon. we waited about 50 min quite awhile.must hav only one cook on cause was not that busy. got mine. salmon wa over cooked n could hardly eat the toast as was rock hard wifes bacon was tastless. over all not flash for 84$. will not be back

Reviewed February 18, 2018

3 of us had cooked breakfasts, wife had scrambled egg's very small serving. 2 had full cooked poached eggs hard, tomato not cooked and why would you put a portion of Butter on a red hot plate?? it had melted by the time it reached us. doh!! not worth the charge. by the way we only one's in so it wasn't like they were busy.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

We stopped in to grab a cold drink and an ice block on our drive to Christchurch and I was blown away at the lack of awareness from the staff and how slow they moved! I am a restauranteur of over 20 years experience and my mind was going crazy while watching at least 8 staff all do half a job each while we waited over 20 MINUTES in line to buy an iceblock and drink! There were all of 11 people seated in the whole shop and only 5 sets of couples in front of us when we lined up. The woman serving stopped every time the customer said something and got it, or lined it up or wrote it down. Just write it down and give it to one of the other 7 staff who were moving at a snails pace clearing a table or folding a napkin...it was infuriating.
The only reason we actually waited so long was because my son's iceblock he was holding had begun to melt so I told him to open it and start eating it. He had well and truly finished it by the time I paid and so I passed the lady the empty packet and the money. The others had put their drinks back and gone outside with my son back to the park. I asked her if she wanted to know why it was empty and why we weren't getting any other things we had before and she said 'no' so I said 'ok, well thanks' and left. It was clear I was pissed off and had said a couple of comments while lined up as had others but no one was concerned in the slightest.
Perhaps it is the only cafe and there are no other options but I'm sure word will get around of the lack of awareness of efficiency and that will change.

Been to Salmon Tales Cafe? Share your experiences!