Can Skye(Sant Carles de Peralta)(Great Value!)
Pension Es Figueral(Sant Carles de Peralta)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hostal Restaurante Pou des Lleo(Sant Carles de Peralta)
Private B&B at Villa Anna(Sant Carles de Peralta)
Agoda.com
All reviewshippy marketmin driveorange treesibiza townother guestsbeautiful hotelquiet areabreakfast and dinnerpeak seasonthe air conditioningsergiospasuiteweddingcala
Reviewed October 26, 2014

Over the last decade Agroturismo (farm houses converted to leisure) has grown enormously in Ibiza, the most famous property being Atzaro, which is a sort of zen-night club hotel.

Can Curreau is also a converted farm within an orange grove, however it’s more geared towards boho chic than Moscow heels at the much larger and louder Atzaro.

The hotel has grown around the owner’s family farm house, on top of a hill outside Sant Carlas, about 10 minutes drive from Santa Eularia. The family run the hotel and still live at its centre bringing a personal pride and welcoming happy feel to every aspect of the property.

It is clearly a very successful business and deservedly so. The central infrastructure could support a hotel at least twice the size with a huge spa, generous pool and terrace, a good size restaurant and excellent stables.

There must be about 20 to 30 rooms dotted around the hill and within the original house – all seem to be in immaculate condition as are the grounds and grove. It must take a huge amount of work to keep it this squared away without it looking too artificial. It must be pride.

I think that all of the rooms have terraces, some more private than others. I also believe that the rooms have comfortable seating areas and open fires, but I suspect that all of the original farmhouse rooms are different, though they all have quiet air conditioning units and modern heating for the winter months.

We stayed the first time at the height of summer and lived by the pool during the day. There is a breeze from the elevation and the views across the valley are lovely. Almost no development on the hillside yet. Our second visit was at school half-term in October, like this year its mid-twenties and the pool was not warm enough however there is a decent sized pool in the spa, which always seems empty and is a spectacular space.

The only negative things I can find to say is that the room service is a bit ‘Spanish’ in that you should plan ahead because it seems to take an age. I also think that the Restaurant menu is a bit too fancy with over complicated sauces, but the food is excellent. Mostly we eat locally at any number of bohemian style restaurants which the island does so well.

There are two cockerels down the hill either side of the stable block. I hope that a fox gets at least one of them as they compete with each other well before sun rise

I hope you find this review helpful. It is with some reluctance that I write it because we love coming here and I suspect that we will need to book well ahead in the future. We have decided to stay away from the island in August, so please feel free to book then and leave spare rooms for us at other times!

Room Tip: The new rooms down in the orange grove are a generous size with split level sleeping and sitting areas. The sofa is a convertible bed. The terraces are private and look directly into the orange groves. These rooms are equipped with two TV’s, excellent shower and Jacuzzi tub as well as a private loo. You can eat at a table in the room or at another on the terrace which also has twin reclining loungers. The rooms in the main house are all different. I have only seen a few. They are a little more farmhouse style, so the bathrooms are Mediterranean tiling than hand painted plaster as they are in the orange grove rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank RadfordJones
Reviewed October 11, 2014

I own a guest house in York, U.K. and I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 30 years. On the subject of hospitality I really do know what I am talking about.

Having just returned from a week at The Can Curreu I can highly recommend it for it's location restaurant, spa, rooms, facilities and service standards. The staff are all highly competent, extremely friendly, fluent in many languages and extremely helpful. It is an absolutely beautiful place to stay. The spa is fabulous, the gardens and pool gorgeous and our room was amazing.

This is quiet, upmarket, laid back Ibiza. It is not "Party" Ibiza and it is not "Corporate/Tour Operator" Ibiza. The staff are very professional and there when you want them, ready and willing to help. They do not provide the obsequious, grovelling, high sales pressure service often associated with the world of 5 star, luxury travel. If you like your service with a tugged forelock then this is not the place for you. If, like me, you appreciate true hospitality, then seriously consider staying here.

I would like to publicly express my thanks to Christina and Sergio; your assistance made our stay truly wonderful. To Sara in the spa for the quality of her service and to Reuben in the restaurant for his attentive service at breakfast even though we were late every day!

I have returned to running my guest house in York well rested and happy.

Karen Allen.

Room Tip: Book direct and have a chat with Christina or Sergio.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ACERYork
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I went to Ibiza to attend a 40th party, booked this hotel, did not know much about it and did not expect anything in particular either, but was very surprised by the hotel & the setting.
The food in the restaurant was really something special & the kindness of the staff makes this hotel very special. Top class indeed. I hope to visit this place again.
To the staff and the manager, thank you for looking after us so well. Well done.

1  Thank Anders B
Reviewed September 24, 2014

We spent 5 nights here and had a wonderful time. The hotel is set in lovely grounds, if a little remote, and the rooms are great. We had a junior suite and it was absolutely lovely, everything you could want. The pool is large and there are two spacious terraces with very comfortable sun loungers. It would be good if the staff came around a little more frequently to see if you wanted a drink, as there was no complimentary water in the room or by the pool.

The staff were very helpful and courteous and had great language skills - I heard them speaking French, English and German in the restaurant.

We did book the private transfer from the airport and this was very efficient and we were pleased that we had pre-booked. If you don't want a hire car I would definitely recommend it as the queue for taxis was a mile long when we arrived.

The food in the restaurant was not quite as good as we were expecting - it was a bit hit and miss in the evening. Some meals were sublime and some just weren't that great, poor quality meat once or twice for example. Breakfast was simple but very good.

The only thing we really didn't like was that on the two terraces they play piped music all the time - it's very chilled "lounge music" but just not what we wanted to listen to, and sometimes it was quite intrusive. You certainly couldn't listen to your own music on a headset without hearing theirs playing above it. Would be better if they had at least one of the terraces free of music.

The spa was lovely but, like the rest of the hotel, very expensive. I had a very good massage but at 95 euros for 50 minutes, so it should be.

Overall though it was a lovely experience and a very high standard hotel.

2  Thank puffpuff
Reviewed September 24, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and felt like we were in Paradise. The main Ibizian vibe was retained with an element of luxury. Food was brilliant, from the informal snack menu to the main a la carte menu, drinks were also surprisingly cheap in comparison to many high end hotels in Ibiza. All staff were always on hand to help with any recommendation or booking request we had and never felt like the service was as intrusive as many high end hotels can be. Could not praise enough and the beautiful setting was also in a great location to explore the fantastic untouched north of the island (It's worth renting a car) with so many amazing beaches and restaurants close by. Can't wait to come back next year! I also got the feeling all other guests were enjoying their stay as much as we were.

Room Tip: We had room 4 (Sa Palmera), the terrace was next to a walkway and close to the spa which meant if you wanted to relax there it was a little instrusive with people walking past. However the pool area and seperate terrace which were close by gave plenty of room to find loungers in a private spot.
1  Thank Chris B