“Business Dinner Sept 2018”
Review of Zen

Zen
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-4 and exit 58
Description: ZEN offers a range of Sushi and authentic Chinese dishes, highlighted by an intimate three-tiered Sushi and Sake Bar. From Boats of Sushi to Steamed Dim Sum Shrimp to ZEN's special Szechwan Beef, your experience will be anything but typical.
Reviewed October 10, 2018

This restaurant was fantastic.... both food and service. Would re-visit staying at the property or off site.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

During our business stay at the Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, we had the opportunity to dine at Zen, and found it to be very good.

We had vascillated whether to dine at Zen, or Trevi’s, but the menu at Zen won me over for dinner.

We had a Super Tuna Roll, which was very good
Spider Roll w/ tempura softshell crab, also very good
Sweet Corn Soup w/ Chicken, also very good, and it was complemented by the Shannon Ridge Chardonnay, Lake County ‘15
Won Ton Soup, which was a bit on the thin side, especially regarding the flavors – good, but we have had better
Garlic Grouper w/ crispy noodles, which was excellent. I think that I might have eaten all of the Grouper in Florida waters on this trip?
Sautéed Shrimp in black pepper sauce, very good, as well
Vegetable Fried Rice, very good, but a large portion, especially considering the dishes that we had ordered.

The venue is lovely, with lots of black wood, and an understated Asian influence in the architecture. We were seated at a smallish 4-top, but it was adequate, especially as we were only doing the one bottle of wine. Too often, we will do a “sommelier’s pairing,” and end up with 5-8 glasses EACH! The lighting was subdued, but more than adequate to read menus, wine lists, and to see the beautiful presentations.

The service was excellent, throughout the entire meal, and we wanted for nothing. The hostess even invited me to photograph their “signature table,” in a small “temple-like” room, away from the main dining area.

The noise level was very low, and I am not sure if it was the architecture, or just our fellow diners. At least the very loud group from the previous night at David’s Club, were not in evidence.

A very good meal, and I would return, if staying at this Omni in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Ate here one night while staying at the Omni. The food, service, ambiance were all first-rate. Very accommodating to our vegetarian, peanut-allergy lifestyle! Reasonably priced for what we received. Nicely done - thank you!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Could not take us until 9: 40 p.m. that reservation time was okay with us, but then it still took 20 minutes to get water and drinks. The manager came over, got water, and comped our appetizers.

Quality was excellent, but for some reason we all left hungry. The sweet and sour soup recipe was fantastic, original, and homemade. The flavors in all four dishes, however, were very mild and unsophisticated. Nothing horrible, but it was an expensive meal and not particularly remarkable.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We live in the Championsgate Country Club Development, the Zen Restaurant is located at the Orlando Omni Resort so it’s literally 5 minutes from our house.
While there are a few chain restaurants located close by as well as a couple of local places the dining out choices are limited around here.
The Zen is always a good choice, they have a great menu, a sushi bar/menu and a full bar.
Every time we go we ask for Larissa, she is a great server and an awesome person who treats us like friends visiting her home.
We have eaten here more times than I can remember so we have a good knowledge of the menu.
This time around we ordered the rib appetizer, always delicious and warm. A nice touch is once we were done, Larissa brought us out hot cloths to wipe our hands.
My wife ordered the Crispy Aromatic Szechwan Duck, it comes shredded with oyster sauce and crepes. It was the first time she ever ordered it and while she liked it, she didn’t love it.
I ordered sushi rolls, two of my favorite rolls are the Zen Experience Roll, it includes Lobster salad, tataki, spicy mayo, teriyaki and wasabi blue cheese aioli. The other roll was the Unagi Roll, it includes bbq freshwater eel, jalapeño, avocado and unagi sauce.
They were both delicious as usual.
The drinks are always top notch, my wife chose my go to drink, Long Island Ice Tea and I ordered a dirty martini, both were spot on as usual.
The food is delicious, the drinks are awesome and the service was great as usual, we will return again and again!