All reviewsturtle islandbeach baragios sostishalf board basishotel complexkeri caveslate dealmini marketlocal tavernasfantastic hotelbar staffwooden balconyrelaxing holidayvardiolabatteriesgreecepolish
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Arrived this morning at the Gloria maris in Greece
First impressions weren't to bad .on there web site they have took pics of just there premiere rooms forgetting about the other rooms cost us £1.100 for a WK we were giving a room away from main hotel wat a total disgrace pipes sticking out of floor were wat looks like old radiators have been no plugs in sinks doors don't lock properly view from room is nil electrics r diobolickle i would Neva Eva come bk here .the hotel is false advertising cant even rate this hotel .PS if any body thinking of coming here forget it .total rip off

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colin N
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful view but that is it! Our holiday was ruined by staying at this hotel which is by far the worst place I have ever stayed.
We were put in room 212 on our first night. It was so run down and in need of a complete refurbishment. The fridge was extremely noisy, bathroom absolutely disgusting, dirty stained toilet, rotten door frame and door, shower very poor and hand held, curtain stuck to you when trying to shower, needless to say our first night was very depressing and upsetting. After complaining on the second day we were moved to another room on day 3. This was acceptable but problems continued. Fridge door did not shut which meant we had to turn off during the night to get to sleep due to the loud noise. Door handle fell off. Air con broke down (which you are charged 7 euros daily to use). My partner ended up fixing the door handle himself in the evening after getting tools from reception as the problem was not resolved after kindly notifying the receptionist early in the morning. If you go out for the day and leave your air con on to come back to a cool room it is turned off while you are out! When you are paying 7 euro daily to use it this is unacceptable. Breakfast is acceptable but staff have a very laid back attitude to timing. We were going on a boat trip and needed to eat at 8am but they were not ready on time and we were told off in a very rude manner for trying to get in. Pool area showers are disgusting. Beach is disappointing but not really a fault of the hotel. After discussing settling the aircon bill and our very long list of complaints to reception (they decided to kindly offer it free of charge. We came away utterly let down and disappointed with our week in Zante. This hotel has so much potential and the majority of staff are very nice and helpful but it is in great need of some time, energy and investment to fix and refurbish to a more suitable standard to reflect the images you see their website.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catriona71
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Paid for a sea view room got my sea view and that's it !Breakfast is ok .The worst hotel that I had ever came across !Unfriendly afternoon receptionist ,Dirty floor(day 1after check in, I force to clean the floor with baby wipes because hair everywhere and I got a young children with me ),dirty bathroom,dirty towels,broken shower heads, mosquitoes,bad lighting in the room and water bugs inside the swimming pool! Extra chargers on air con, kettle,safe and the little dirty old fridge. I would never recommend to anyone !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank saewwai
Reviewed August 24, 2016

This hotel looks that it was good some time ago, but they haven't invest a cent in maintenance in years. Everything was terrible, the only bright spot are the reception girls that are very special and really try to help customers. The only thing they are keeping up is the price, that is very high for what they offer.

Room Tip: Don't exist.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichelMan
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I like to give credit where it is due. This place has a great view. That's it. I paid $750 euro for 3 nights for our honeymoon. What a rip off. We arrived for check in and was handed our key and lead to where abouts our room was, it was boiling hot with no aircon remote to be seen, so we went back to reception and asked and they gave me the remote. Then carried out bags to our room. We went to put water in our fridge and it was hot, so thought I'd call reception, nope no phone. Went to reception and apparently the fridge is a extra and has to be turned on with a key. We went out to dinner and came back and turned on our lights in our room which was very dark. Looked around for more lights for about 10 minutes before realising that the poor lighting is all there is. Our room was under the dining area so everyone walks over our room till about 10.30 (this is one of the best rooms apparently) went to bed with rock hard pillows which I am used to in hotels, woke up to rats running through the roof and walls, got back to sleep and woken up at 7 by staff shifting tables and cleaning the roof above us. Water dripped through our roof and onto our bed which I complained about but seems like nothing has been done about it. The shower has a hand held wand which was mostly blocked and also had a overhead nozzle which was broken and water pisses out the side. Water takes about 3 minutes until hot water comes out. When we had a shower for 4 minutes the shower over flows. The taps for the bath and the sink are normal plumbing valves which both leak and have looked like for a long time.
So that's the crap room, I'm sure there is lots I've missed too

We went to look at the breakfast at 9am and was appalled. Apart from everything looking dirty there was also a lack of food. Eg 4 slices of bread left. We decided to go out and buy breakfast as we walked passed all the cats around the dining area.

This place is extremely run down. If they spent a couple of days doing some gardening and fixing all the simple things it could be such a nice place, especially when you spend a lot of money on what you would expect to be a great hotel.

I would never recommend to anyone

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple