Having despaired at the ever increasing cost of CP's in England, we took the plunge this year and went Dutch. It couldn't have been a greater success. Our holiday was extended by two days (via Pride of Hull North Sea ferry) and even with a full buffet on board, the whole CP experience was CHEAPER than the equivalent in England by a long way! How can you compare £1399 in England with £550 in Holland. You would hardly notice the difference between De Kempervennen and Sherwood Forest. In fact, it reminded me of what CP used to be like when we first started there nearly 15 years ago. Relaxed, no pressures, cheap and a great place for a family to unwind together. No pressured sales and expensive activities. In fact, by booking early we got nearly £50 of activities (toppings) for free. Did the kids miss the expensive activities? Not a bit, but my wallet did.
The Aqua Mundo was every bit as good as Sherwood Forest. In fact, everyone voted the water rapids BETTER - faster, more excitement and quicker turnaround. We went on again and again and again! There was the usual wave pool, tubes etc and an interesting underwater WWF sponsored aquarium/snorkelling experience.
Outside, there were the same activities - cycling, badminton, squash, tennis, adventure golf, pedalos but something was missing, The queues.....oh and we didn't see as many squirrels! (The ones we did see were red ones though,) It was just so much more relaxed, quieter and more peaceful. How CP used to be - walking and cycling through forests with the excitment of the dome and water slides thrown in.
The restaurants were all inside the magical market dome and served good quality, if a little pricey, food. The supermarket was wonderful.I love going into supermarkets abroad and exploring and this was a massive supermarket for CP. The most amazing part was the fresh bread counter. Every morning I cycled to the dome and picked up warm bread rolls, croisants and pain au chocolate to take back to the villa. Who says continental brekfasts are boring!
Overall, we took a risk and it paid off. There was so much to do at de Kempervennen for all ages (our children are 6-16) and a lot of it is free or very cheap. I sound like a cheapskate but I just appreciate good value, and this was just that. I like quality too and this is no different to England, just quieter and friendlier. The pool was a big hit and as it was about an hour and a half drive from the ferry, not much different to the drive to Nottingham. Kampervennen comes recommended and we are going to try another Dutch CP next year. That is part of the excitement of the CP's - exploring a new one for the first time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven