We visited De Kempervennen for the last week of the UK summer holidays with 3 children aged 3, 6 and 8. We have previously stayed at Het Meerdal and De Vossemeren.
We booked online but called the call centre a couple of times and found the staff really helpful and informative with good knowledge of the park and excellent English.
We booked more than 6 months in advance so received the 20% discount and 5 toppings. One topping has to be used to choose your location and we asked to be well away from the centre and got a lovely villa on the quieter lake and tucked away in a really peaceful location. We had been very close to the centre at De Vossemeren and found it slightly noisy and hardly worth getting our bikes out.
The other toppings can't be used until you get to the park BUT you can reserve activities online and then pay on arrival using your toppings. We didn't realise this and found that some activities were already booked up. This was never our experience at the other CenterParcs so I would recommend booking anything you really want to do ahead.
Our villa was a 6 person Original Premium and it was clean, well equipped and well laid out. Instead of one big car park, the parking is split between three car parks so you are never too far away from the car and in fact we were close enough to be able to pack up the night before we left without having to bring the car any closer to the villa, leaving us valuable time for a swim on the morning we left.
We did lots of activities and enjoyed them all. Skiing was well organised and the instructors were great with the kids. Ten pin bowling has a pirate theme, Wannabe kids activities were fun, there were baby animals at the kids farm, there was plenty to keep everyone entertained.
We ate at The Grill restaurant and the Grand Cafe and they were fine, not amazing but we didn't have any complaints. We ordered a Grill Package to be delivered to our villa the first night. It didn't arrive but this was resolved very quickly with a call to reception. There was enough food to keep us going for at least three days! The supermarket is well stocked but we took our non-perishables with us and just shopped for bread, pastries etc. There was plenty of insect repellant on sale but no mossie killer spray - we would have slept much better if we could have had a quick squirt round at bed time and will take our own next time. With so much water and so many trees, mossies are unavoidable.
The aqua mundo was lovely - I think De Vossemeren's is slightly better but we loved the rapids and the Coral Bay here.
Every member of staff we came into contact with was friendly, helpful and spoke really good English.
Overall it was an extremely enjoyable family holiday with something for everyone and I would recommend De Kempervennen without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven