We have just returned from our 4th visit to De Kempervennen (3 summer trips, 1 New Year weekend). We usually go for 2 weeks but opted for one weeks luxury in VIP villa with sauna (sleeps 6). Villa was tired looking outside but don't be put off as inside they are clean and tidy, (well the site is 45 yrs old now) and the sauna was fantastic - unfortunately villa had a leak which could not be fixed immediately and we were moved to top of range Eden Villa (sleeps 8). Beautiful new modern villa with loads of space, spa bath, showerheads bigger than a dinner plate but no sauna. Glad we had pre-booked our bicylces as we were quite a way from the amenities. I recommend booking-in on-line before you leave as the queues in the reception were huge and we collected all our keys and documents in the car park - so easy. De Kempervennen is popular with families with children of all ages and also we noticed alot of grandparents too. The pool is always a hit with the wave machine, the slides and the rapids are one of our favourites (at New Year we were outside at night whilst it was snowing - fantastic experience). The supermarket is expensive (usually 25-50% more than town) but convenient, however in the local town Valkenswaard which is about 20 mins cycle ride left at main road outside the Parc, there is a Lidl, Jan Linden and a nice shopping centre - Market day is Thursday. Also at Borkel (turn right at main road) is a windmill and a lovely cafe before cycling through parkland which is all accessible with designated cycle paths and very safe. One of the kids favs was the farm shop selling homemade ice cream (schepijs -left outside the Parc), which had a go-cart track & sunken trampolines. We only ate at Pizza/pasta on site as restaurants are quite expensive but for our last night it was ideal (Drinks approx Euro 2-2.50 each - Small Wine Eu3.50, cheaper to drink the beer!). We prefer to bbq, self cater or go out to town. Pancake houses are great too. Not everyone hires bicycles either - there is a free shuttle bus which travels around the parc (not on fri and mon which are changeover days).
There are plenty of extra cost activities to take part in (Ski-ing, water ski-ing, PADI course, etc) but equally there is plenty to do which is free (beach, playgrounds, snorkelling, BMX etc). This is one of the best family holidays we have had outside of Orlando. We did so much together as a family and thankfully the weather was fantastic. The staff are helpful and most speak excellent english. There is a laundry which cost Eu 5.00 for a 5 kilo load (washed, dried and folded in a morning) - worth it with three boys on the BMX track!
We have been to an english centre parcs but would rather go back to De Kempervennen. Loved the easy going way of life, no hassle, no problem, chilled out atmosphere - or maybe that was just us enjoying ourselves!
Also managed a day trip to Amsterdam from Eindhoven by (double-decker) train. Great day out on the canal boats and window shopping like we'd never seen before!! Quite an eye-opener but beautiful city none-the-less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven